Author Topic: Underwear.....turn on or off?  (Read 11586 times)

Offline Blythe

• Isle of Man Debating Champion 1981
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
    • http://www.gaydargirls.co.uk/scripts/ndisplay.asp?userid=rebecca-is-out
Re: Underwear.....turn on or off?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 13, 2010, 12:25:57 AM »
^ Depends on where you were, who you were and what you thought.
I had a different experience of the 80s to CM.
Every era has its own diktat and its own sacred law.
You think there isn't one now? On GB?
No there is much about GB that is extremely prescriptive.
'Someone take Blythe's mobile phone off her before she says something silly'           kitty

PaddyBabe

« Reply #31 on: Sep 13, 2010, 12:46:40 AM »
When I think about my first bra and compare it to whats available now there's no comparison. White, very plain with broad straps and designed to contain not enhance. And if you were to wear a black bra at my convent school...well it was a sure sigh you were a slut  ;D

Offline Charlotte Mew

• GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • aka VV
« Reply #32 on: Sep 13, 2010, 12:58:03 AM »
^ Depends on where you were, who you were and what you thought.
I had a different experience of the 80s to CM.
Every era has its own diktat and its own sacred law.
You think there isn't one now? On GB?

of course there are fashionable and unfashionable opinions but there is actually more variation than I certainly experienced in the eighties.  Where I was.  Though I did wear my fancy underwear any way women's desire to police other people's sexual experience did cause harm in my opinion and split and spoiled the movement.  I can't finagle that away with historical relativism. 

I personally have to find a way to make some kind of peace with my contemporaries.  It's too long and too painful a wound.  It is not easy, it is not helped by the fact that some people's views have not changed at all, and it is not made one whit better by the fact that you did not experience this the same way I did Medusa.
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2010, 12:59:37 AM by Charlotte Mew »

betterthanaverage

« Reply #33 on: Sep 13, 2010, 01:00:58 AM »
I spent more money on lingerie in the Eighties when I was young and shallow and truly believed that all women were born with Superman's x-ray vision.

Nobody complained about me wearing nice lingerie but then they only got to see it when I was taking it off.  ;D

Offline kiawe

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • patented blend of condescension and no sex
« Reply #34 on: Sep 13, 2010, 02:36:01 AM »
Underwear doesn't bother me one way or the other. Some bras make some breasts look better under some clothes. Apart from that, I don't care what someone's underwear is like, as long as it's clean!
I would find it annoying if I felt I had to wear expensive or uncomfortable stuff to turn someone on.

Offline Guineapig

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • *meep meep*
    • The Yoga Club
« Reply #35 on: Sep 13, 2010, 08:23:15 AM »
When I think about my first bra and compare it to whats available now there's no comparison. White, very plain with broad straps and designed to contain not enhance. And if you were to wear a black bra at my convent school...well it was a sure sigh you were a slut ;D
::) :P
Gingerbeer Yoga Thread

*meep meep*

purelybyaccident

« Reply #36 on: Sep 13, 2010, 08:43:16 AM »
When I think about my first bra and compare it to whats available now there's no comparison. White, very plain with broad straps and designed to contain not enhance. And if you were to wear a black bra at my convent school...well it was a sure sigh you were a slut ;D
::) :P
:D

kate b

« Reply #37 on: Sep 13, 2010, 10:43:40 AM »
I personally have to find a way to make some kind of peace with my contemporaries.  It's too long and too painful a wound.  It is not easy, it is not helped by the fact that some people's views have not changed at all, and it is not made one whit better by the fact that you did not experience this the same way I did Medusa.

I've thought about this a bit more, CM, and actually I agree with you. I guess I was being a bit defensive. Truth is, they were prescriptive times in a different way from now, and I suppose its impact on me was less because of the nature of my own sexual proclivities. I didn't intend to appear dismissive of what you were saying and of your experience and I am sorry if that is how it came across.

Offline Custardy Fututrix

• Gooey Grumble Guts
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #38 on: Sep 13, 2010, 03:20:33 PM »
I like all the various wrappings that women come in, as long as they fit well.  Fancy lingerie, well-fitted plain undies, boxers, skin (  :D ) ; as long as it's reasonably clean and the wearer feels comfortable in it, revealing; stripping; working around; spying it is all a massive turn-on.

For myself?  I wear all of the above, depending on my mood, but mostly am of the lingerie brigade...
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2010, 03:23:24 PM by Custardy Honkered Fututrix »
Marching victorious, with your banners of defeat.

purelybyaccident

« Reply #39 on: Sep 13, 2010, 03:47:25 PM »
I like all the various wrappings that women come in, as long as they fit well.  Fancy lingerie, well-fitted plain undies, boxers, skin (  :D ) ; as long as it's reasonably clean and the wearer feels comfortable in it, revealing; stripping; working around; spying it is all a massive turn-on.

For myself?  I wear all of the above, depending on my mood, but mostly am of the lingerie brigade...

You just want to cover all eventualities.

Offline Custardy Fututrix

• Gooey Grumble Guts
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #40 on: Sep 13, 2010, 04:21:55 PM »
^All eventualities of me?  Yes.  I'm more fickle about me than I am about others.
Marching victorious, with your banners of defeat.

skream

« Reply #42 on: Sep 14, 2010, 08:56:03 PM »
one of my good friends works for AP - you should see all the women that work there !  :o

Offline Uncle Pants

• Gingerbeer Lifer
  • Too postmodern to care (V.V., 19/8/08)
"get out of my thread you twisted love puppet" -- outoforder

Offline Blythe

• Isle of Man Debating Champion 1981
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
    • http://www.gaydargirls.co.uk/scripts/ndisplay.asp?userid=rebecca-is-out
'Someone take Blythe's mobile phone off her before she says something silly'           kitty