Author Topic: Ratbag's Reality Check - How to have a good birth  (Read 17799 times)

Offline (just) DayDreamerXxx

• Runners-up prize @Farrago's Poetry Slam..!!! 21/7/11 *Proud smilez*
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • No Time 4 Regrets - im Busy making Mistakes!!!!!!!
Re: Ratbag's Reality Check - How to have a good birth
« Reply #60 on: Oct 24, 2011, 12:38:05 AM »
where the hellll was you Ratbag when i needed YOUU 17 yrs ago!!!!????????????
lol Sh#t this is a bloody BRILLIANT thread!!!!!
it makes me want another baby JUST SO I CAN USE THESE GUIDELINES!!!!!! LOL seriously!!!!
u are awesome!!! :)) ;) :D *majorly impressive stuff* *grin*
we ALL know about your hot pants!
:)) :)) :))

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #61 on: Oct 24, 2011, 10:14:55 AM »
^I would add that you can inherit speedy birthing from your father's side too, apparently ;)

And making decisions for YOU, applies afterwards as well to for YOUR child.  Of all the experts out there who can give you great advice on one or two aspects, at the end of the day you are the one(s) who have invested masses of time and energy in getting to know YOUR whole child, and sometimes you really do know best.

Offline Jenny Talia

• I was born the same year that homosexuality was removed as a disorder from the DSM
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
  • No, that's just perfectly normal paranoia...
    • Planet London
« Reply #62 on: Jun 22, 2013, 03:47:32 PM »
How to have a good birth - not give birth to a 4 kilo monster ::) :P

I'm glad I read this and all the other advice I got and actually I think I could have managed had the baby not been too big.  I was coping really well with the contractions and was mentally all set for the pain.  The only thing that I wasn't prepared for was the huge change in plans.  I managed to process the need for an epidural, as by then the contractions had become just one long grinding pain... Even the induction was ok as I wanted my baby to remain happy and I still had the chance of a vaginal delivery.  The c-section just killed me.  I cried for an hour, it was so far from what I wanted.  I'm glad I agreed however as my baby was happy to the end.  He had no idea there was ever any panic.
You may be wondering what a map of the trade winds of the North Atlantic is doing on page 134 of a book entitled Is Sex Necessary? In our opinion a map of the trade winds is equally useful in understanding women as a cross section of the female anatomy -James Thurber

Nothing risqué, nothing gained

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #63 on: Aug 06, 2013, 11:05:12 AM »
^ same here. My first weighed 4.5kg and had a 39cm head. He was never gonna make it out the traditional way :(
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D