Author Topic: What are you feeling right now?  (Read 661575 times)

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: What are you feeling right now?
« Reply #28125 on: Oct 10, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »
What's the matter??
(((LfL)))
How are you L for L???
and Slanty, so sorry. If i was there I would meet you out for coffee or a drink!
????????????????????
   ???????????????????

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #28126 on: Oct 10, 2017, 11:16:11 PM »
Thank you.

I am not being the wonder-teacher I want to be, and this was getting me down big time. My wife persuaded me to say this to my boss, and I did, this afternoon, and it helped. I also told a colleague why I was looking for my boss, and he was great too, and I am going to get some coaching (from him, though I didn't hear that till after he'd gone home).

So I am feeling a bit better about it all. Though seeing is believing, and I haven't improved yet....

Offline Artist

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • artist of life
« Reply #28127 on: Oct 11, 2017, 12:01:30 AM »
Great that you have supporting boss and a colleague!
Growth and improving is constant in life but no eason to feel inadequate  :(
Basically, you and we all are good enough even if we do something wrong, make a mistake, are less than we want but  we are not our mistake. We made a mistake. That is the difference. Also you want to improve - which is normal process.
“Expectations are resentments under construction.”
― Anne Lamott

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #28128 on: Oct 11, 2017, 09:32:21 AM »
 I have woken up with a stinking headache. Thank you world

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #28129 on: Oct 12, 2017, 02:39:33 AM »
Thank you.

So I am feeling a bit better about it all. Though seeing is believing, and I haven't improved yet....
k. hope all is well.
????????????????????
   ???????????????????

Offline Artist

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • artist of life
« Reply #28130 on: Oct 14, 2017, 01:51:19 AM »
Energetic, irritated.
“Expectations are resentments under construction.”
― Anne Lamott

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #28131 on: Oct 14, 2017, 10:30:33 AM »
Great that you have supporting boss and a colleague!
Growth and improving is constant in life but no eason to feel inadequate  :(
Basically, you and we all are good enough even if we do something wrong, make a mistake, are less than we want but  we are not our mistake. We made a mistake. That is the difference. Also you want to improve - which is normal process.

Thank you, Artist. For some reason I am nowhere near as good at improving physical skills and behaviour as I am at learning facts and acquiring knowledge. Which is a worry...

Offline cigarettes and matches

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #28132 on: Oct 14, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »
have a chesty cold and cough.   I knew this was coming when I developed a sore throat this week.   I know I have been told that Vick First Defence gets rid of a cold before it develops but I never seem to use it.  I am a bit sceptical that it actually does work.   It's a bit like someone saying to me take paracetamol for a headache.  Paracetamol never works for me so it is a waste of time taking them and then I still have the headache and have to wait four hours until I can take something else more suitable like Annadin extra or Panadol extra.  The only time I ever take paracetamol would be for a temperature.   

So I am staying at home today to try and shift this as I cannot be off sick from work and have other important things on the agenda to do.
Music isn't my hobby, it's my passion.
Flautist in the making

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #28133 on: Oct 14, 2017, 12:28:23 PM »
My friend whose partner died a few months back, missed her six monthly check up because of the funeral. She was diagnosed a few years ago with leukaemia which didn’t require treatment and has been stable ever since. She had her replacement appointment this week. Her condition has spiked as a result of the stress and she has to start chemo in a few months and they are talking about sourcing bone marrow doners. The worst possible time considering she’s barely coping with the grief in the first place. She’s closer to me than any of my family ever were. I’m sending up so many prayers at the moment that she comes through this and as painlessly as possible. She’s one of the nicest people on earth. :'(

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #28134 on: Oct 14, 2017, 12:36:52 PM »
My friend whose partner died a few months back, missed her six monthly check up because of the funeral. She was diagnosed a few years ago with leukaemia which didn’t require treatment and has been stable ever since. She had her replacement appointment this week. Her condition has spiked as a result of the stress and she has to start chemo in a few months and they are talking about sourcing bone marrow doners. The worst possible time considering she’s barely coping with the grief in the first place. She’s closer to me than any of my family ever were. I’m sending up so many prayers at the moment that she comes through this and as painlessly as possible. She’s one of the nicest people on earth. :'(

oh dear hope all goes well.   
Flautist in the making

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #28135 on: Oct 14, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »
Life can be hideously unfair, BCfb >:(

Sending courage and strength to you and your friend.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #28136 on: Oct 15, 2017, 12:33:44 AM »
Better than I did this morning so another day indoors tomorrow and I should be better by Monday  :D
Flautist in the making

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #28137 on: Oct 15, 2017, 12:36:57 AM »
having a difficult evening so distracting myself as much as possible.

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #28138 on: Oct 15, 2017, 02:05:03 PM »
Thanks C and M and LFL.

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, LFL.

Hope your difficult evening improved, Wut.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #28139 on: Oct 17, 2017, 12:12:50 AM »
 Thoroughly cheesed off, I can’t seem to take any joy in anything at the moment. I was doing really well for a month, but now there’s the  whole ongoing business with my girlfriend’s dad dying, and now the boy’s dad has contrived to do himself a serious mischief, oh yeah, and he’s lost Arnie, one of his/our dogs. Arnie ran off, again, a couple of weeks ago and he hasn’t found him. To be honest I don’t think he even tried. He’s lost my fucking dog, my beautiful dog. The dogs never ran off when I was looking after them, but I couldn’t take them with me when I left,  but I can’t think about that right now because there’s only so much shit I can hold in my head because it feels like it’s gonna explode. Stress is a massive trigger for me and my God, there seems to be no end of it. I’m biting my nails down to my finger ends and I haven’t bitten my nails in years. Honestly I could cry, I want to cry and wail and scream, but this stupid medication won’t let me. Instead all I’m left with is this horrible pent-up misery. I can see the black pit in front of me and I know I’m going to fall into it.