Author Topic: Guidelines  (Read 42348 times)

Offline Meryl Streep Fan Club

• GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • "Details of your incompetence do not interest me."
Re: Guidelines
« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2009, 06:06:40 PM »
oh don't you lot worry about chickpea, i'll worry about chickpea, she's terrible!

::) (Cause I know you love it so).  Look here missy, I'm going out to buy you a wooden spoon to help with all your stiring. ;)   
You are truly Delightful!

Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.

Made in 1965. All original parts.

• GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2009, 06:08:25 PM »
Thanks Mods.  I saw the sticky birthday for the first time yesterday and just wondered.   I think that part of the issue is that rules are made up and if you don't see the grand anouncement (if there ever is one), you miss them. 

Is it possible that if a new rule is made, we all get a nice little IM telling us.  Thanks :)

Saturn

« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2009, 06:10:46 PM »
I'll discuss your request with the mod/admin team and we'll post a response.

Tommy Atkins

« Reply #18 on: Oct 10, 2009, 06:12:46 PM »
Hmm i am loving the new dominant mods - very schexy lol ..  8)

Terra

« Reply #19 on: Oct 11, 2009, 03:38:01 AM »
Sorry about my last blank post.   I was trying to respond to the birthday thread question using my mobile phone which as you can see was a big success.....NOT!

Anyway I see Saturn has covered it.   I'd just like to add that since we began the policy of making birthday threads sticky I have only seen 3 so far and have made them all sticky.   If any of you know of any we have missed then I sincerely apologise for that.   There is no preferential treatment.

However, it's impossible for us to be everywhere and things can get missed so if you could kindly help us out we would be very grateful in that if one of you spots a birthday thread we haven't already made a sticky then please let one of us know and we shall do so.   The fastest way to get our attention is to click on the 'Report to Moderator' link.

Is it possible that if a new rule is made, we all get a nice little IM telling us.  Thanks :)

I've just checked and currently there are 2,834 members so NO! ;D

• GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #20 on: Oct 11, 2009, 10:00:28 AM »

Not sure I understand what volume has to do with it.  I know that blanket IMs have been sent out in the past.  How was that done?  I assume there would be a "send to all" option that EVIcT has access to. 

fetishkitty

« Reply #21 on: Oct 11, 2009, 10:29:54 AM »
Blanket emails have been sent out, not IMs.  Probably using an email sending service. 

kitty

super sonic gin and tonic

« Reply #22 on: Oct 11, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »

Not sure I understand what volume has to do with it.  I know that blanket IMs have been sent out in the past.  How was that done?  I assume there would be a "send to all" option that EVIcT has access to. 

Maybe a sticky thread is all it should take?

Terra

« Reply #23 on: Oct 11, 2009, 11:29:40 AM »

OK, sorry for being a little facetious there...and in case I upset anyone by using a smiley. :o

To answer you properly Chickpea65 ♥ we, the moderators, donít have a universal button for sending PMís to everyone.   Our screen for sending PMís is the same as everyone elseís and also, last time I tried doing it, the PM system would only allow PMís to be sent out in maximum batches of 10 at a time.   We also do not have any access whatever to peoples email addresses so we canít send out blanket emails.

For those who choose to sign up for them from the main site I know emails such as the Gingerbeer newsletter, can be sent out by the site owner.   However I donít think admins can send out blanket PMís or emails either although EVicT will know better than me.

When it comes to minor little policy changes like, as in this case, making birthday threads sticky, we probably wouldnít feel it necessary to start a special topic to announce it.   I did explain what we were doing when I stickyíd the first birthday thread.

When it comes to proper changes to the actual rules, so far as I have seen in the past admins have always discussed those through a thread on the boards and I would imagine that would continue to be the case although I canít speak for the whole admin/mod team.

Offline EVicT

• Administrator
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • We are the Borg!
    • Gingerbeer - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #24 on: Oct 11, 2009, 11:52:40 AM »
Please try not to assume the worst or imply that any glitches during this time are a sign of preferential treatment. This simply isn't true.

Re your query about access to personal information, Chickpea, I can assure you that mods do not have access to anything you referred to at all. I will leave EVicT to make a statement herself as to what admin can access.

I'd like to echo Saturn's comments here, if in doubt, drop one of us a message, and you'll more often than not find out that we just missed something.

In terms of privacy, Administrator's have access to email addresses and IP addresses.  Also, the site techie will receive any bouncebacks from the site.  So, if for instance, your email doesn't work and you have email notifications turned on for your private messages then those private messages will be bounced to the tech system.  Generally, when a lot of bouncebacks come in from the same user tech will send that user an email asking them to change their email address.

Nobody has access to user passwords and it is against the Ts&Cs for anyone else to have it.  Nobody has access to private messages (except under the circumstances as above).
Check the content site to see what's happening around the UK and abroad.  http://www.gingerbeer.co.uk

• GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #25 on: Oct 11, 2009, 02:08:56 PM »
Blanket emails have been sent out, not IMs.  Probably using an email sending service. 

kitty

Ahh, that will be it.  I know I receive something from GB.

EVIct & Mods, thanks for the clarifications. 

purelybyaccident

« Reply #26 on: Oct 12, 2009, 07:56:52 AM »
Dear Admin/mods, can you confirm that we can swear as much as we want everywhere except Discussion, Chat and Gossip? I still can't make sense of where we can, even after all the previous discussions.

I would prefer to get an official answer and not one from another member, which may just be their own interpretation of the rules.

Thank you :).

betterthanaverage

« Reply #27 on: Oct 12, 2009, 10:35:01 AM »
This is the place to ask questions about rules and regs on the messageboards.

Although this has been in place for a long time, the moderation team thought it important that you know the warnings and bannings procedure.  This is the general plan, there will of course be exceptions to the rule so to speak.

Members will be issued a warning upon a breach of the membership agreement.  If a member has 3 active warnings at any one time then they may be subject to a ban.  Depending on the circumstances, this ban may be temporary or permanent.

I was informed that I might get a warning and while I was still debating the reasons why with the moderator; I was given a ban. If this isn't normal procedure, it would be appreciated if you could acknowledge that I shouldn't have been banned.

I can understand why this is a subject that GB might want to sweep under the carpet but deleting the original thread is the equivalent of pretending that this sorry business never happened. Well it did, so deal with it.

Offline EVicT

• Administrator
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • We are the Borg!
    • Gingerbeer - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #28 on: Oct 12, 2009, 10:44:17 AM »
Dear Admin/mods, can you confirm that we can swear as much as we want everywhere except Discussion, Chat and Gossip? I still can't make sense of where we can, even after all the previous discussions.

I would prefer to get an official answer and not one from another member, which may just be their own interpretation of the rules.

Yes, that's correct, it is only DCG that needs to remain Worksafe.  Though, keep in mind that if you have a non-worksafe name or signature then when you post in DCG you are not worksafe.

Although this has been in place for a long time, the moderation team thought it important that you know the warnings and bannings procedure.  This is the general plan, there will of course be exceptions to the rule so to speak.

Members will be issued a warning upon a breach of the membership agreement.  If a member has 3 active warnings at any one time then they may be subject to a ban.  Depending on the circumstances, this ban may be temporary or permanent.

I was informed that I might get a warning and while I was still debating the reasons why with the moderator; I was given a ban. If this isn't normal procedure, it would be appreciated if you could acknowledge that I shouldn't have been banned.

I can understand why this is a subject that GB might want to sweep under the carpet but deleting the original thread is the equivalent of pretending that this sorry business never happened. Well it did, so deal with it.

As I explained in the other thread, if anyone wants to talk about their warning/ban then please send a private message to a mod.
Check the content site to see what's happening around the UK and abroad.  http://www.gingerbeer.co.uk

betterthanaverage

« Reply #29 on: Oct 12, 2009, 11:19:20 AM »

Yes, that's correct, it is only DCG that needs to remain Worksafe.  Though, keep in mind that if you have a non-worksafe name or signature then when you post in DCG you are not worksafe.

As I explained in the other thread, if anyone wants to talk about their warning/ban then please send a private message to a mod.

What other thread? And if you know that a moderator has not acted correctly, shouldn't the administrator contact the beerie concerned to discuss the matter (especially as the moderator has resigned) and perhaps apologise? Just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2009, 11:27:37 AM by Victoria Meldrew »