Author Topic: Guidelines  (Read 39915 times)

Offline EVicT

• Administrator
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • We are the Borg!
    • Gingerbeer - The Lesbian Guide
Guidelines
« on: Oct 10, 2009, 12:16:11 AM »
This is the place to ask questions about rules and regs on the messageboards.

Mods are Europa, Ganymede, Saturn, Tethys, Venus and your administrator is EVicT.

Although this has been in place for a long time, the moderation team thought it important that you know the warnings and bannings procedure.  This is the general plan, there will of course be exceptions to the rule so to speak.

Added 11/11/09 - Warnings and bannings will generally be associated with a breach of the registration agreement.  Link to registration agreement - http://boards.gingerbeer.co.uk/index.php?action=register

You agree, through your use of this Gingerbeer* forum, that you will not post or display on your profile any material which is false, defamatory, libellous, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, nude, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. This is not humorous and legal action can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes or money making schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate to this Gingerbeer forum.

Please note that if you add a moderator to your 'IM' ban/ignore list you will be immediately banned from this forum.

Gingerbeer welcomes all women who consider themselves queer, be that bisexual lesbian, gay, dyke, transgender or any other box that we haven't yet heard about.

Transgender and transsexual FtM's who still identify with the lesbian/queer/dyke/gay community are equally welcome.

We have the right to exclude biological men from this forum, within a reasonable time frame, BUT BE AWARE THAT BIOLOGICAL MEN, WHO DON'T LIVE FULL TIME AS WOMEN, ARE NOT ALLOWED!

Note that it is impossible for us to confirm the validity of posts on this SMF forum.  Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages and are not responsible for their content. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information presented. The messages express the views of the author, not necessarily the views of the Gingerbeer team/SMF forum.  Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator of this forum immediately. We have the rights to remove objectionable content and ask that images in the dungeon area and vault are submitted in link form.  Removal of posts is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

The Moderator has a right to ban anyone from these boards who is seen to cause extreme conflict/harassment in written posts/Instant Messages and continues to do so after a warning from the moderator.  A moderator also has the right to lift a ban after a cooling off period subject to the member rejoining and understanding that if further problems occur, the member will be given a permanent ban.

If a member is 'strongly' suspected of being a biological man the moderator will contact that person.  If there is proof from other members that a biological man has registered (in posts or IM's) the information needs to be passed to the moderator ASAP and that person will be banned.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum, and any related websites to this forum. We at this Gingerbeer forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any information we have about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any information posted by you.  Once registered your username will be activated for one month until you post your first message.  If you have registered and have not posted as a member of this forum in one month, your username will be deleted after that time to allow newly registered members access to usernames not being used.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another member, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another member's account to post messages or browse this forum. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS OR YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR PASSWORD!  An invalid email address will also be grounds for suspension of your account.

After you register and log into the Gingerbeer forum, you can fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information we deem inaccurate or vulgar will be removed.

When you register please make sure there is a distinguishable difference between the username you choose for use on these boards and other members names already registered.  If your name is too similar to a username already in use, Gingerbeer moderators reserve the right to block access and delete the name/profile.  Please take note: In the past, the use of similar names has caused conflict on these boards.

Please do not flame the boards with links advertising your personal websites, or adverts promoting new websites.  If you want to promote your site, personal or otherwise put it in your profile or contact the main Gingerbeer site (www.gingerbeer.co.uk).  Any posts seen as advertising will be removed without discussion.  If you continue to post adverts, you will be banned.

If you are a promoter using this site, please do not use smilies to bump up posts.  If you want your posts to be read, its advisable to put information in your post of interest to your punters.  Using smilies to continuously bump up posts will lead to deletion of your account on Gingerbeer.  As promoters of private business ventures you are a visitor to this site and you will be banned if you abuse your membership.  If you have problems following the rules of this forum regarding posting your events, please feel free to pay for advertising on the main Gingerbeer site.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this SMF forum or your ISP contacted and a complaint made against you. This will only happen in the event of a violation of this agreement.

Gingerbeer reserves to delete all user profiles which have been inactive for 30 days or more.

This agreement is to agreed in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions of the site located here:  http://www.gingerbeer.co.uk/?p=gingerbeer.co.uk_-_terms_and_conditions

*Gingerbeer is the trading name for The Lesbian Guide Ltd. -Added 8 May 2010

Members will be issued a warning upon a breach of the membership agreement.  If a member has 3 active warnings at any one time then they may be subject to a ban.  Depending on the circumstances, this ban may be temporary or permanent.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:44:50 PM by EVicT »
Check the content site to see what's happening around the UK and abroad.  http://www.gingerbeer.co.uk

Offline kiwigoddess

• Gingerbeer Lifer
  • NO pork, prawns, pringles, pineapple, (a)pricots
    • blog
Re: Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2009, 07:42:33 AM »
many thanks, evict.
"Cliff Richard, with a certain finesse
danced over the dust and the mess
"I'll do my prawn mime,
using marmite this time"
he lied.  Take that, kiwigoddess!"

"one of the best scores in the world..."

new beginnings. uh huh.

Zygote

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2009, 10:43:27 AM »
What constitutes as an active warning? Can there be inactive ones?

Offline Jenny Talia

• I was born the same year that homosexuality was removed as a disorder from the DSM
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
  • No, that's just perfectly normal paranoia...
    • Planet London
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2009, 12:28:12 PM »
Members will be issued a warning upon a breach of the membership agreement.  If a member has 3 active warnings at any one time then they may be subject to a ban.  Depending on the circumstances, this ban may be temporary or permanent.

:D

(not that I intend to get banned any time soon..)
You may be wondering what a map of the trade winds of the North Atlantic is doing on page 134 of a book entitled Is Sex Necessary? In our opinion a map of the trade winds is equally useful in understanding women as a cross section of the female anatomy -James Thurber

Nothing risqué, nothing gained

Queen

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2009, 01:29:50 PM »

Saturn

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2009, 03:48:24 PM »
An initial warning is active for a month. Subsequent warnings may last for longer periods; the moderating team is reviewing this at present.

« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2009, 04:30:46 PM by Saturn »

Zygote

« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2009, 03:49:24 PM »
An intial warning is active for a month. Subsequent warnings may last for longer periods; the moderating team is reviewing this at present.

Ah I didn't know this, thanks for clearing it up.

Saturn

« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2009, 03:55:48 PM »
You're welcome.

Offline Meryl Streep Fan Club

• GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • "Details of your incompetence do not interest me."
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »
Many thanks for setting up this page.

Can you confirm what personal data You, Mods and the Administrator has access to.

For instance, Private IMs, GB Password, E-mail address?

You are truly Delightful!

Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.

Made in 1965. All original parts.

Offline Meryl Streep Fan Club

• GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • "Details of your incompetence do not interest me."
« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2009, 05:21:06 PM »
Can you explain the guideline on making birthday threads sticky for some Beeries and not for others?  Is that a perk for friends of mods? 
You are truly Delightful!

Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.

Made in 1965. All original parts.

Zygote

« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2009, 05:27:28 PM »
Can you explain the guideline on making birthday threads sticky for some Beeries and not for others?  Is that a perk for friends of mods?

I think they aim to make all birthday threads sticky. But they are only human and sometimes something might get missed.

Offline kiwigoddess

• Gingerbeer Lifer
    • blog
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2009, 05:28:32 PM »

I think they aim to make all birthday threads sticky. But they are only human and sometimes something might get missed.

it's a new thing isn't it? did someone get missed?
"I'll do my prawn mime,
using marmite this time"

new beginnings. uh huh.

Saturn

« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2009, 05:45:25 PM »
I can only speak as a moderator but here goes:

Making birthday threads sticky was a new thing implemented during Mercury's period of administration.
If a birthday thread has not been made sticky since her resignation, it will be because things have been in a state of upheaval and may have been missed. I will look into it. Please try not to assume the worst or imply that any glitches during this time are a sign of preferential treatment. This simply isn't true.

Re your query about access to personal information, Chickpea, I can assure you that mods do not have access to anything you referred to at all. I will leave EVicT to make a statement herself as to what admin can access.
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2009, 05:51:01 PM by Saturn »

Terra

« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »

Yes it is a new thing. I apologise if someone got missed. It should be for any birthday we see. If anyone sees a thread we've missed please let us know.

Thanks!

it's a new thing isn't it? did someone get missed?

Offline kiwigoddess

• Gingerbeer Lifer
    • blog
« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2009, 05:49:58 PM »
oh don't you lot worry about chickpea, i'll worry about chickpea, she's terrible!
"I'll do my prawn mime,
using marmite this time"

new beginnings. uh huh.