Author Topic: Non-rhetorical questions that are too trivial to warrant a thread of their own  (Read 453823 times)

purelybyaccident

Why/how is it that all the other washing in the load always ends up twisted and contorted inside the duvet cover that was in there too?
Whatever I do, it all manages to find its way in there.

Even if you do your cover up before you put it in?

Ivy

^ Now that's an idea. I've never thought about doing that.

While on the subject, I've also lost 2 socks this weekend. They can only be in the washing basket or washing machine, but are not in either.  ??? Any clever ideas how that is possible, pba? I checked inside all my trousers too, to not be embarrassed by a mystery sock on the train.  ;D

purelybyaccident

^ Now that's an idea. I've never thought about doing that.

While on the subject, I've also lost 2 socks this weekend. They can only be in the washing basket or washing machine, but are not in either.  ??? Any clever ideas how that is possible, pba? I checked inside all my trousers too, to not be embarrassed by a mystery sock on the train.  ;D

Well, I would say ask my dog who does eat them given a chance, but you haven't stayed at my place. Sometimes, to hide my socks from her, I chuck them under the bed out of her reach, hide them under or behind the washing basket, throw them behind the washing machine, accidentally put them with the clean washing or simply lose them. I have found them in my trouser pocket many a time, and sometimes behind the sofa cushion, on my desk or in my desk drawer, or I have already washed it and forgot that it is already in my spare sock drawer, which has more socks in it than my other pairs of sock drawers.

Feel free to take any ideas and make them your solution. Would advise against the dog eating them though, always difficult to get them back.

Ivy

;D

I'll just buy new ones.  :D

Salamander

Why/how is it that all the other washing in the load always ends up twisted and contorted inside the duvet cover that was in there too?

The red-faced feeling I'm getting at realising I always had that option reminds me of the time I was laughing with my niece about how when I open a yoghourt pot it usually flicks some yoghourt onto whatever I'm wearing. She swore blind she didn't need a napkin because she NEVER had this kind of accident. "But Auntie Sal", she said, "You only have to open the pot starting at the side facing away from you..."  ::) :-[ :-\

I feel much the same now.

Offline catwoman

• Gingerbeer Goddess

That is genius!  ;D  D'oh.
But can only do it with one of them as t'other is old,much loved and button-less...
*shamefaced but fond of my old John Lewis white, Egyptian cotton, duvet cover*

lippy

i have a trivial(ish) enquiry. I have a boy cat. When i adopt my next one, should it be a boy or a girl?

Offline McQuim

• Gingerbeer Goddess
 a girl, i say.

if i have had a virgin credit card previously, cleared it and closed the account - can i apply for another virgin card?
"You cant reason with stupidity"

"aye yuu are yuur the mother of thiss family ihts yuur job tae touch jobby n tht "

Salamander

^ Yes.

Offline Rath

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Facebook
Should I buy a guitar before or after I've learned how to play one?

Offline Rath

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Facebook
No, a friend is going to teach me with his guitars, and said that I should give it a try first before buying one. I thought that by buying a guitar of my own, it would give me the motivation to learn ^_^'

Offline McQuim

• Gingerbeer Goddess

"aye yuu are yuur the mother of thiss family ihts yuur job tae touch jobby n tht "

Offline McQuim

• Gingerbeer Goddess
ok so .. in the 'current climate' would people still go for the 0% balance transfer CC ... or how about one of those fixed rate for the lifetime of the debt cards? orrrrr a bank loan?

my 0%s are up and i need to sort this pronto!

are placed still giving out the 0% cards if tis a fairly hefty whack you want to transfer to it?

Salamander

I think so, McQuim. Have you tried moneysavingexpert? There's usually something there with all the best deals on it.

lippy

Go with the 0% and then swap to another 0% when its time is up. Etc, ad infinitum.

Shall I book the tickets to California?