Author Topic: Non-rhetorical questions that are too trivial to warrant a thread of their own  (Read 469102 times)

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Tx Chewwy, petering out I'm afraid  :D

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Tattoo advice please: The last two times Iíve had a tattoo Iíve done the usual clingfilm wrap for 48 hours thing, but I donít know whether itís the clingfilm itself or the surgical tape that has given me a horrible rash. Does anybody know of an alternative I could use instead?
 FYI I was doing the regular washing, patting completely dry and re-covering. I think the rash was caused by the edges of the clingfilm, because itís not on the tattoo itself, but it goes all the way around the edge, where as the tape was only on the corners. I got it last time when I had my big crocodile done, and again on this one, and also where I had my crocodile covered this time after getting it touched up. Itís incredibly itchy.     

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
Perhaps a silly question, but have you asked the tattoo artist? Hopefully other people have had a similar thing, and told them about it, and hopefully they have some useful suggestions.

Although when I told my son to discuss his allergy to blue dye in clothes, and possibly get a test dot done before going for the whole thing, the upshot was that 'they thought it would be fine'. (It was fine, but I wasn't hugely impressed by this! I know not many people are allergic to tattoo ink, but not many people get a horrible rash from wearing a new blue t-shirt, either!)

Offline outoforder

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Would you be creeped out if somebody working at Starbucks blocked out words on a cup to read 'You're hot', flattered or think they are taking the piss?

I googled and it's apparently been done in a creepy way before.

P.S. I didn't take too much notice at the time and left the 'evidence' behind. So long as they didn't 'add' anything, I guess. Some people are just fuckers.

Ye, it's good to be back.

Offline hellohowareyoutoday

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Hmm, I wouldn't be impressed with the lapse in professionalism. It potentially makes it awkward for you to return as a customer, if it's something you feel uneasy about. It's also completely possible that you weren't singled out and that's it's something cutesy the barista does on everyone's cups. Nothing to worry about just yet, I don't think.
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2018, 10:38:47 PM by hellohowareyoutoday »

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
Honestly, it would depend who it was doing that and the interactions I'd had with them previously.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
And whether or not it was done there and then, or they'd done the next cups in the stack before you even turned up (like that thing where you discovered you could write 'shell oil' on a calculator when you were young and kept doing it, just because you could).

Fabulous that you are back, ooo!

Offline the ganze metsieh

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
How does someone get NHS vouchers for an eye test and glasses? I think one of the immigrant students learning English could do with reading glasses and I'm fairly sure she's eligible but what exactly is the process?

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess

Offline the ganze metsieh

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
Thank you for looking. I've been around and around, starting there and continuing with whatever the requirements may be to get "a valid NHS HC2 certificate", and round again with various "tax credits" on which this certificate seems to depend. I'll look again when I'm more awake. Specsavers' website had clearer information and I may just try phoning them. After that, and supposing I can persuade this student to attend an eyesight test, there will be the slight problem of her habit of using French pronunciation, especially for A and R - as memorably featured in The Lavender Hill Mob.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Perhaps she should explain that at the start, and offer to write down the letters she sees.