Author Topic: Non-rhetorical questions that are too trivial to warrant a thread of their own  (Read 475353 times)

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
^ Is there no one independent people can talk to if there are issues with carers?  :-\
Well I can't communicate much any more because my health is deteriorating and any intervention by social services or whatever would be too much for me.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

oldbutnew...

^ sorry to read this Wolfie. I have noticed you are not the same on here as in a few years ago.  You were always having a go at me lol

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Would you be up to finding an independent advocate, Wolfgang? Or perhaps a family member or friend could look into it for you? A couple of links:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support/advocacy-services/
https://www.voiceability.org/

It sounds awful.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Thx c&m x

No I would still be unable to explain anything, and anyway the only solution would be heinously expensive professional care.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

[...]

When doctors' receptionists used to ask me that I wanted to say myxomatosis or whatever the proper name is for mad cow disease because like most people, I didn't feel like telling someone with no medical expertise but I followed more sensible advice and simply said I'd discuss it with the doctor which turned out to be an effective sentence for batting back questions from the unqualified.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
Wolfie, if it's unintentional abuse, are there some small aspects of it that you can change? Like something you can get across to the most likely one to understand? And get them to get the others on board?

And otherwise I wish you the courage to bear it :-\ :-*

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
 You can type, could you send an email?
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Chewwy

• U16 Doubles Table Tennis Champion 1918
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I'm an okay arsehole.
Should we stage an intervention?
Hear me RoaaAAARRRRRrrrrr.......... purrrrRRRR.

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
^ Is there no one independent people can talk to if there are issues with carers?  :-\
Well I can't communicate much any more because my health is deteriorating and any intervention by social services or whatever would be too much for me.

Ok, that sounds really difficult to try and change anything then. Iím sorry your health is deteriorating.

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Goddess
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, how annoyed do you get by people in your passenger seat who you are not intimate with and who are not kids, clicking knobs/performing functions on your dashboard, when you're driving?

In this particular instance, it was the partner of a close friend who spontaneously chose to demist my windscreen without asking when I was in the middle of driving.

I don't think it helps that she's a copper who also says things like "legally I could commandeer this vehicle if I needed to."

Not that I dislike all coppers. In fact, I count two particularly nice ones amongst my friends but if ever a job attracted the type of hierarchical knobheads who like to kick your tyres and enquire when you last bled your radiators, it's that one.
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......

[...]

I would say 10, and I don't drive. If you'd asked which I found most annoying, fiddling about with knobs that did something to the car or changing the radio station to something not of my choice, I'd have to put radio station alteration as the very pinnacle of annoying, ahead of random demisting.

While I'm here, I'm just back from teaching English to immigrants. Many are living in sh!t accommodation. One has a leaking ceiling in her kitchen dripping into a florescent light fitting. She has four children, the youngest is six. Can you point me in the right direction, if there is one, for what authority can be contacted to sort this out? It's sh!t privately rented accommodation. This town is full of it and the council is hand in glove with the large landlords. Neither she, nor the others, want to be evicted which is what they fear if they complain.

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Goddess
I would say 10, and I don't drive. If you'd asked which I found most annoying, fiddling about with knobs that did something to the car or changing the radio station to something not of my choice, I'd have to put radio station alteration as the very pinnacle of annoying, ahead of random demisting.

While I'm here, I'm just back from teaching English to immigrants. Many are living in sh!t accommodation. One has a leaking ceiling in her kitchen dripping into a florescent light fitting. She has four children, the youngest is six. Can you point me in the right direction, if there is one, for what authority can be contacted to sort this out? It's sh!t privately rented accommodation. This town is full of it and the council is hand in glove with the large landlords. Neither she, nor the others, want to be evicted which is what they fear if they complain.

Yes, I just about forgive my partner for putting bloody Radio 3 on, in my car when I'm driving on the basis that with partners boundaries get blurred but there have been actual people who get in the passenger seat and bluetooth their ipod/deezer into my music system and I've been tempted to evict them on the spot.

I'm afraid I am not up to speed on what duty of care Local Authorities have anymore and how to access their services. I hope someone knows and can help. That's appalling.
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2018, 03:12:28 PM by Betty Croker's frosted buns »
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Try Shelter.  If they have the same rights and recourse as we do, and they probably have less,  then thereís probably not a lot.
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Should we stage an intervention?
:D Sorry i missed these replies, folks :*

Offline Chewwy

• U16 Doubles Table Tennis Champion 1918
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I'm an okay arsehole.
Good to see you back Wolfie, how's everything going?
Hear me RoaaAAARRRRRrrrrr.......... purrrrRRRR.