Author Topic: What are you feeling right now?  (Read 661358 times)

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: What are you feeling right now?
« Reply #28170 on: Nov 07, 2017, 01:05:16 PM »
Bit anxious. I messed around with a few things and re-pressurised the system. I switched the heating on, low (20C) to see what happens.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #28171 on: Nov 07, 2017, 01:11:51 PM »
I used to have to do that, in the days when I had heating. The needle needs to be at about 1 1/2 bars, much more than that and it overloads the system.

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #28172 on: Nov 07, 2017, 01:12:33 PM »
Hope it goes ok, Scouser and Mint.

I'm feeling embarrassed.

I'm working from home with two pups at the moment. One is a real pup and one is a big baby dog.

I got up and managed to get a shower without them tearing the house apart, and only 3 wees and one poo to clean up.

So I got half dressed. A long t shirt and some pants of the underwear kind. Then I had to take an important work phone call.

Some I am on the phone when the post woman starts walking up our garden path with a parcel. I didn't want to interrupt the work call to see to the post woman. We've got a stable door type kitchen door at the back. One of those where the door is in two halves and you can open the top part and keep the bottom part locked.

So I thought, I'd just slightly open the top part and take the parcel out of her hand and keep the bottom shut so she can't see I'm only dressed from the top up.

What I failed to anticipate was that the pups started poking their heads through the cat flap to gawp at her and after handing me the parcel she started cooing at them and knocked the top flap back and lent in over the kitchen door to play with them. Getting a full frontal of me in just my t-shirt and undercrackers.

If I lived in London I don't think I would care. But this is small country village and it'll have gone viral by now.
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2017, 01:14:54 PM by Betty Croker's frosted buns »

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #28173 on: Nov 07, 2017, 01:32:59 PM »
At least you had pants on! lol!

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #28174 on: Nov 07, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »
I used to have to do that, in the days when I had heating. The needle needs to be at about 1 1/2 bars, much more than that and it overloads the system.

Yes, in a perfect world it would be on 1.5 but unfortunately I can only re-pressure it to 0.8 because of the leak, any more and it pushes water through (onto the ceiling), unfortunately I can't do much about it because in March I got a quote to fix the system and it was £2000, which I literally haven't got at this moment so am just leaving it :/

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #28175 on: Nov 07, 2017, 03:14:18 PM »
Ouch!  You should be ok with that. When we had the old leaky boiler, before it got condemned, it worked ok at a much lower pressure than that. Obviously it isnít ideal, but then neither is the situation. Just donít let it go to rock bottom. 

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #28176 on: Nov 07, 2017, 05:00:14 PM »
I wont! Thanks for the advice. It seems to be working so I'm very happy about that and have heating for the first time since March. It's frustrating as the whole system was put in in 2009 so I just thought it would last longer than that, they should be made to last.

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #28177 on: Nov 08, 2017, 02:30:16 AM »
Ooohhhh it's all warm and it feels like it's been aired through, so nice, wonder if I'll sleep better tonight as my room is so warm. Weirdly I must've acclimatised as it's on 3C less than I had it last winter  :o

Offline cigarettes and matches

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #28178 on: Nov 18, 2017, 02:44:33 PM »
Relieved
Music isn't my hobby, it's my passion.
Flautist in the making

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #28179 on: Nov 18, 2017, 05:54:47 PM »
 Pissed off, the boy took apart my mic stand and now I canít put it back together because there is a piece missing.