Author Topic: What are you thinking right now ?  (Read 870306 times)

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: What are you thinking right now ?
« Reply #36090 on: Feb 11, 2018, 07:47:20 PM »
Excited, me and the gf have ordered some ingredients and equipment to mix our own e-liquid; syringes and blunts, bottles, vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol and nicotine. We’re starting with a pre-made flavour concentrate and mixing the VG/PG and nic, but we’re going to get some different flavour concentrate to mix our own recipes. It’s gonna be fun, and eventually much cheaper than buying ready made.
 I might get the compatible RBA deck for my tank, some wire and some cotton and have a go at building my own coils. Everybody says I can’t do it because I can’t see, but when has that ever stopped me before? I recon I could do it.     
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #36091 on: Feb 13, 2018, 12:23:05 AM »
For my entire life until tonight I thought Stephanie De Sykes was the same person as Lindsey De Paul.
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #36092 on: Feb 13, 2018, 12:36:54 PM »
Oh dear,problems problems problems, but I’m determined not to let them get me down. I’ve got myself on a level for once and I intend to stay there. Plus I can’t deal effectively with them if I’m having a meltdown, so I’m not going to have one, so there.

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #36093 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:14:07 PM »
/\  :)

I'm thinking about the weekend just gone.

I took my partner with me to my best friend's sister house down in Dorset for my best friend's birthday. They are almost the closest thing I have to family.

Her sister's kids grew up around me and I love them to bits but now they are adults and they have partners and kids. I have spent time with the kids but not the male partners. I was wondering how they would react to being around a lesbian couple. They are macho, grunty farmers.

One the husband's took an instant shine to my partner and started gushing and stammering like a schoolboy at her. He traditionally has nothing but grunts for me and never gives me eye contact. I think he sees me as the "real" lesbian who has done the "corrupting". Hurl.

Anyway, he started gushing at her about the local area and giving her detailed directions to places we hadn't even expressed a wish to see and by his third sentence he practically shouted at her "You should go and see the Cerne Abbas Giant. You'd like that."

The room fell silent. You could hear the chink of tea cups.

The Cerne Abbas Giant is a ancient chalk figure in the hills that depicts a man with a huge erect penis.

It was like Germans and "don't mention the war." He met his first lesbian couple and within a minute had referred them to a male hard-on.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2018, 11:20:42 PM by Betty Croker's frosted buns »

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #36094 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »
Insecure.com
Silly prick, man I mean

Offline Artist

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • artist of life
« Reply #36095 on: Feb 13, 2018, 11:51:44 PM »
Hm, basically that guy feels rejected as a male from lesbians. Also men are dependant on women. Woman tends them, tends their ego, emotionally supports them. Now he sees lesbians and fears of being left without that maternal women in this world. Completely makes sense he lost it in your company.
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2018, 12:46:59 AM by Artist »
“Expectations are resentments under construction.”
― Anne Lamott

Offline Oso

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #36096 on: Feb 14, 2018, 01:35:38 AM »
Didn’t somebody spell out Theresa on the penis of the Cenre Abbas Giant last year or the year before I seem to remember. The national Trust were up in arms! In fact over the years hasn’t the Giant’s penis been tampered with many times?

Maybe the grunty farmer husband was responsible for this & he was actually trying to tell you about his love of all things penis?

Even though you seem to have a good sense of humour about it I hope the experience didn’t ruin your visit.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #36097 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:33:14 AM »
 Yes, men are so obsessed with all things penis yet they view gay then as somehow unmanly. What  could be more manly than having sex with your penis, with another person who also has a penis? Obviously lesbians are a place where they can’t put their penis so it follows that they should be so confused. It’s very confusing.   

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #36098 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:57:30 AM »
I recently asked a man who declared his willy obsession to a whole group if he was gay. Silly me ::)

Very straight, was his answer. I should quit being nosy.... (In fairness, I was not the only one wondering, as he had been giving out mixed signals and some of the other (straight) women in the group wanted to know but didn't dare to ask. Public service, innit? :-[)

Offline Artist

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • artist of life
« Reply #36099 on: Feb 14, 2018, 11:17:57 AM »
People are not always honest. Who knows what fantasies he has.  ;D Probably there is not absolute hetero or homo sexuality.
“Expectations are resentments under construction.”
― Anne Lamott

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #36100 on: Feb 14, 2018, 11:23:59 AM »
I am thinking that a twelve week waiting list is a long time. It seemed long in the beginning, but it seems longer still now I'm half way through.

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #36101 on: Feb 14, 2018, 12:19:28 PM »
People are not always honest. Who knows what fantasies he has.  ;D Probably there is not absolute hetero or homo sexuality.

Oh yes there is. I’m living proof of absolute homosexuality.

Is speculating on our existence any less offensive than someone claiming “I don’t believe in bisexuality. People are not always honest. They must prefer one or the other” ?

[...]

« Reply #36102 on: Feb 14, 2018, 02:59:25 PM »
I think recommending 'penis man' to a lesbian can be accounted for by what seems to be fairly common heterosexual amnesia. I really think it's possible he simply forgot who he was talking to. I say this because one of the most noticeable improvements brought about by gay marriage for me was that people I had been repeatedly coming out to because they kept on forgetting, suddenly no longer needed to be reminded. Also, every Christmas, I have to remind people of what I told them the previous year, I don't celebrate Christmas. I'm sure there must be other examples of the majority lazily assuming their way is everyone's.

As for the ancient chalk figure, it immediately made me think of a local statue of Victoria which has one arm outstretched. At some point, she had to be moved because her hand was pointing to the municipal lavatories. For something like 40 years, there has been a local custom of throwing things at the outstretched arm to knock off the hand, with repeated new versions cast of the arm and hand and then stuck back on. The quality of the artistic efforts has been mixed and at this point, the limb is of monstrous proportions relative to the other side and also in a gleaming white hue at odds with the overall yellow one of the rest. I don't know if penis man would fair any better than Victoria and I suppose we'll never find out which is a pity.

[...]

« Reply #36103 on: Feb 14, 2018, 11:52:12 PM »
I'm thinking that I wish I didn't mostly agree with most of the comments under articles about Oxfam complaining of the fat cat Third Sector because really, I know we should be complaining about the need for any sort of charity. And meanwhile, in my private and less than morally perfect life, I am volunteering for no pay to provide a service for my local council which should be provided by them, but I'm doing it anyway, mostly because it's rewarding, but also in the hope of it possibly paving the way for me to one day break into the Third Sector myself.

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #36104 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:57:09 PM »
^^ I used to be a victim of heterosexual amnesia too. I thought it was because they were hoping it wouldn’t be true anymore if they “forgot” often enough, but maybe you’re right and it was just lazy thinking.

I was having a conversation at a work event the other day about hitherto straight women suddenly leaving their male partner for a woman and I noticed this was explained as “they’re just sick of men and want to try something different”, whereas men leaving their female partners for a man were seen as gay all along. So even when women leave their male partners for another woman they’re still seen as being defined by men in some way. I’ve heard my mum express similar views previously too.