Author Topic: ~ 2007~  (Read 3986 times)

Re: ~ 2007~
« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2007, 03:27:31 PM »
I think my resolutions for 2007 were to
a) do justice to myself and
b) no more bad sex.*

I'm satisfied I've fulfilled both of these things.

a) Some parts of this year have been very difficult, and I've had some major f*ck-ups, but - and what's made this year so good - I've not once felt entirely overwhelmed by it. I've worked really hard to make good the things I've messed up.

2005-6, for me, was exhilarating because I felt I had the world at my feet: this combination of suddenly feeling quite confident in myself, and not having really committed to anything. That was lovely. This year, it's been about knuckling down and making my commitments work. I don't think I've lost any of my sense of self; in fact, it's being borne out more now than it was then. I'm proving what I'm capable of rather than feeling full of unrealised potential. I'm going to be so sad when this part of my life is over, because all this learning is the best feeling in the world.

I love my course, I love my house, I love my friends, I love the relationship I've got with my mum now. I have not compromised or cut corners once on the really important things, and this is how it should be right now.

b) Nope. No bad sex. I can think of one pretty crappy one-night-stand, but in the context, it was sort of what I needed. It was part of a process. And I'm now in a total gift of a relationship, which couldn't have happened without the experience I've gathered over this year. Couldn't be happier.

*(by 'bad sex' I don't necessarily mean technically bad, I mean the kind you walk away from thinking 'god, that was a really stupid idea', having got nothing out of it except for a reminder of how much of a tit you can be.)

Offline perfectdevil

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #16 on: Nov 26, 2007, 03:50:31 PM »
It has been an incredibly up and down year...can't decide whether it has been more up than down or vice versa. In chronological order:

I came out to my friends
My mother died
I grieved, and am still grieving...
I met my wonderful gf
Went back to uni, but struggled a bit
Hopefully going to pass my exams that are coming up in a fortnight!
Moving back to Scotland and moving in with sarah.

Lets hope 2008 picks up and gets a bit better, a decent graduate job would be nice. And no more funerals would be nice too. Want to join an orchestra to keep my music going, have missed it since I've been at uni.
--Love isnt about finding the perfect person, its about loving the imperfect person perfectly--

Offline Aphrodite

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #17 on: Nov 26, 2007, 04:08:51 PM »
This year has been one of the hardest years I have had to face but im still here and what hasn't killed me has made me stronger

next year will be a breeze for me  ;D
Am I having a tall day!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: Nov 26, 2007, 04:28:37 PM »
All in all it has been a good year,one i will certainly never forget,got pregnant with twins,made a few positive lifestyle changes,grew closer to my partner,and further from some so called friend's!Bring on 2008,our twins and lots of happy times ahead! ;D

I_am_not _Enid

« Reply #19 on: Nov 26, 2007, 04:36:43 PM »
2007 is only just begining to redeem itself after being absolute s**t for the first 6 months before moving in to indifference: dropped out, got cheated on in serious relationship and had heart drop-kicked, got burgled, got fat. Panicked and scrambled back in to education, moved to the city and have started getting happier. Couldnt have predicted this year turning out like this at all, so who knows what the hell '08 will bring? Hopefully more sex and decent 2nd year results...[prays] ;D

Offline M&M

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • MsUnderstood
« Reply #20 on: Nov 26, 2007, 04:41:47 PM »
It was a great year.

I got married travelled a fair bit.

Started planning a family.

Moved into our new flat as newlyweds.

Next year hopefully we will be parents and go from there, who knows....

All in all 2007 has been one of the best years ever for me - HUGE ups and a few rough downs but the good things far outweigh the bad so far.

Offline zeal

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #21 on: Nov 26, 2007, 05:00:08 PM »
This year has been full of the most amazing highs but has also been one of the hardest, most difficult years.

It has been a great year for making new friends and travelling to countries that previously seemed like a half a world away (and from NZ, literally were).

But it has also been a year of immense change new country, new job, new friends (at times, felt like a new nearly-everything).

Moving to the UK was so much anticipated that I nearly burst with excitement everyday for the first few months of 2007. And for the most part, the awe at being in this new part of the world and all the new experiences and opportunities, still remains strong.

I've learned a lot lot lot about myself this year ...*ponders how honest to be* ... This year, I've learned that too much change at once makes me want to close my eyes and wish it all away. I've learned that I have a new-found dislike for crowds (not used to so many peeps in on city, yet). I've learned that I can be surrounded by the most wonderful, fun, talented and inclusive bunch of  new friends but still feel lonely and left out. But I've also learned that as my tight grip on homesickness abates, so do my feelings of not fitting in here.
In 2008 I'd like become more settled in London because I know this is the biggest hurdle yet to overcome and it's holding me back from so much.

And I would also like more of the same, please - more travel to new places and more being surrounded by fabulous friends.

Offline Leka

• Trouble with a capital T
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I haz a happy.
« Reply #22 on: Nov 26, 2007, 06:30:22 PM »
2007 was good and bad all the same.

Started the year single and rested. Now I'm commited and tired (no, not tired of being commited). ::)

Did some crazy stuff, met some crazy people :D
Unlike B.O.B., I started the year liking my job a lot and now I absolutely hate it. My bosses get on my nerves and I work almost alone, despite there being more or less 10 people that I should work with.

Health issues, money issues, mental ilness, problems with friends and family, I've had it all.

On the bright side, my beautiful little sister was born, I met my wonderful gf, made some new friends on here.

Yeah, moving towards the end of 2007, I'm a bit stressed out but hopefully 2008 will be great! :D
"I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested." ~ Sheldon Cooper

"If you love someone, set them free. If they return to you, put several 8 inch blades into their head. If they return again, then RUN... Just RUN." ~ Roman Dirge

« Reply #23 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:19:54 PM »
I cannot wait for 2008 ...  :D

<< Gonna spend more time in Liverpool with friends and family ..

« Reply #24 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:45:06 PM »
another waste of time in the unknown wait to die

« Reply #25 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:52:27 PM »
One of the best years in recent memory for me:

Quit smoking
Fell in love
Found a proper job
Lots of seaside

Not so good was putting on a bit too much weight and my Dad being a worry...

2008?  I plan on proving Armistead Maupin wrong*....;D

* AP says in Tales of the City that you can't have a good relationship, enjoy your job and have a cool apartment...

Offline Nightingale

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #26 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:56:01 PM »
2007...its been different..not sure whether thats good or bad yet :-\
\'such a pretty little geek\'

Offline Lizard Just Lizard

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Who wouldn't love it?
« Reply #27 on: Nov 27, 2007, 02:25:27 AM »
To steal from Charles Dickens:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

This year started of as beautiful and amazing, as fun and inspiring, as anybody could have ever ask for.

The end has turned out to be a rollar coaster of emotions and worst things come true.

I'm trying not to forget all the wonderful things just because they are now tainted a different color. It was wonderful and good and special and lovely. It was the greatest year I'd ever known up until October.

I'm trying to save the game here at the end, hopefully it will be successful.

I'm not very articulate at the moment, I might revisit this later.
You'd have a better chance of catching anal warts, athlete's foot, and the plague on the same day.

« Reply #28 on: Nov 27, 2007, 02:48:01 AM »
2007 has been ok (ish).

Quit a horrible job and got a new one  :D
Started learning the piano
got rid of bad influences in my life

in 2008 I hope it is a good year with more positives than negatives

Uncle Bob

« Reply #29 on: Nov 27, 2007, 08:49:34 AM »
I achieved my NY resolution.

That's the main thing for me.

I'll give myself another for 08 and I'll achieve that, too.