Author Topic: When is the end really 'the end'?  (Read 10270 times)

redred

Re: When is the end really 'the end'?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 22, 2007, 12:58:28 PM »
A pretty definitive test is when you stop looking at her most recent posts on Gingerbeer. 

PMSL!  :D  Gingerbeer wouldn't exist were it not for the pathological need of dykes to stalk their exes ad infinitum, El Stinko!

hades x
really? i must be a rare breed that never wants to see mine again. I'll be happy if i never, ever hear hide nor hair about her.

Bertie

« Reply #31 on: Nov 22, 2007, 01:03:37 PM »
A pretty definitive test is when you stop looking at her most recent posts on Gingerbeer. 

PMSL!  :D  Gingerbeer wouldn't exist were it not for the pathological need of dykes to stalk their exes ad infinitum, El Stinko!

hades x
really? i must be a rare breed that never wants to see mine again. I'll be happy if i never, ever hear hide nor hair about her.

Must you be so utterly sane all the time?

redred

« Reply #32 on: Nov 22, 2007, 01:09:44 PM »

hades x

Must you be so utterly sane all the time?
i nearly punched a granny in the face today. Better? she had just patted me on the head for the nth time, despite being told daily not to.

Bertie

« Reply #33 on: Nov 22, 2007, 01:32:46 PM »
It was only nearly though, wasn't it?

Offline sk8ter

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #34 on: Nov 22, 2007, 01:33:33 PM »
When your heart sinks when she walks in the door instead of flutter!

Yep, succinctly put. though the temptation of good sex can often overcome all  :-[

And when you can tell that being with them is hurting you- you're upset/stressed out lots of the time, or they are just weighing heavy on you.

Or, the worst, when they've blown it so badly that you dont trust them anymore. The doors just close- you dont want to share any personal information about yourself with them anymore, you dont trust them not to hurt you with their words or otherwise, and its not possible for you to respect them anymore...those sorts of ex's are the ones that I generally have no interest in being friends with post-relationship.

Offline Destined4Hades

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • bunse-web
« Reply #35 on: Nov 22, 2007, 01:45:25 PM »

hades x

Really? I stalk everybody!  Even you redred.  ;)

hades x

Offline El Stinko

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #36 on: Nov 22, 2007, 01:50:16 PM »

hades x

hades x

same here! 

That's why I had to stop doing facebook.  I'd see a "status report" from one of my pals saying  ***** is going out tonight and then from another, ******** is off to the cinema and then I'd obsess that everyone was going off with each other

redred

« Reply #37 on: Nov 22, 2007, 02:27:06 PM »
It was only nearly though, wasn't it?

Yes. Sorry.

Offline Destined4Hades

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • bunse-web
« Reply #38 on: Nov 22, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »
This could be the stuff of urban legend, and somewhat tangential, but a friend of mine told me that one of his friends learned that his gf had dumped him when she changed her Facebook status to "enjoying the single life in London".

Her ex (as of a few mins before) boyfriend then listed amongst his interests "Mad Girlfriends" and has changed his status to:

"Robert is missing all the attention seeking."

Isn't Facebook fun!  ;)

hades x

Patchouli

« Reply #39 on: Nov 22, 2007, 02:33:27 PM »

hades x

hades x

same here! 

That's why I had to stop doing facebook.  I'd see a "status report" from one of my pals saying  ***** is going out tonight and then from another, ******** is off to the cinema and then I'd obsess that everyone was going off with each other
yes paranoia can really set in when you read you're so called friends are arranging a meet up without you.
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2007, 02:42:05 PM by RosequartzPatchouli »

Ivy

« Reply #40 on: Nov 22, 2007, 02:38:40 PM »
When your heart sinks when she walks in the door instead of flutter!
If it ever came to this point then the relationship would be way past its sell-by date.  ;D

Offline Uncle Pants

• Gingerbeer Lifer
  • Too postmodern to care (V.V., 19/8/08)
« Reply #41 on: Nov 22, 2007, 02:39:08 PM »
This could be the stuff of urban legend, and somewhat tangential, but a friend of mine told me that one of his friends learned that his gf had dumped him when she changed her Facebook status to "enjoying the single life in London".

Her ex (as of a few mins before) boyfriend then listed amongst his interests "Mad Girlfriends" and has changed his status to:

"Robert is missing all the attention seeking."

Isn't Facebook fun!  ;)

hades x

This is why I am determined not to have any relationship status at all listed on my Facebook profile regardless of my status.
"get out of my thread you twisted love puppet" -- outoforder

lippy

« Reply #42 on: Nov 22, 2007, 06:58:34 PM »
It's when there has been one emotional scene too far; one let-down too many; one anti-climactic meeting up 'to sort it out', and you realise that it just isn't worth the emotional toll on you.

Offline ruthie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Love your inner lesbian
« Reply #43 on: Nov 22, 2007, 07:24:40 PM »
when the pain is so obvious, that even your flatmate is feeling it.

Offline Uncle Pants

• Gingerbeer Lifer
  • Too postmodern to care (V.V., 19/8/08)
« Reply #44 on: Nov 22, 2007, 07:38:20 PM »
What I want to know, and it's tangential, is how do people (knowledgeable, experienced ones please share kthx) tell what is and isn't fixable?
"get out of my thread you twisted love puppet" -- outoforder