Author Topic: RF Stuff & random disclosures!  (Read 654990 times)

kate b

Re: RF Stuff & random disclosures!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 14, 2007, 10:06:23 PM »
@ lazybird

towards the end of my triplet pregnancy I looked as though I was a bit player in 'Alien': feet, heads, elbows sticking up everywhere, sometimes at the same time. Truly disconcerting.

Rosie

« Reply #16 on: Oct 14, 2007, 10:39:56 PM »
I am finding it harder and harder to come into this forum as I'm feeling very broody and it's making me sad because I know I can't have any more.

I didn't realise it would affect me like this - after all, I've got two beautiful daughters already. It's like a raw pain though sometimes. Only fleetingly but powerful. I guess it's just being peri-menopausal and having hormones or something :(

kate b

« Reply #17 on: Oct 14, 2007, 10:43:58 PM »
@ Rosie. Me too. I'd love another baby. But it's not going to happen. It's hard, isn't it?

Rosie

« Reply #18 on: Oct 14, 2007, 10:46:37 PM »
@ Rosie. Me too. I'd love another baby. But it's not going to happen. It's hard, isn't it?

thanks kate. I'm glad someone understands. I was at a birthday party today for one of my daughters school friends and around half the mums there had a baby in tow, two were only a few weeks old. It really got to me :'(

kate b

« Reply #19 on: Oct 14, 2007, 10:58:03 PM »
Yeah, many of the younger mothers at my sons' school are having more babies and it makes my heart turn over. People seem to assume I'm in need of immediate psychiatric assessment when I say I'm still broody and I find it a bit odd, as though having mine should have put me off or something...Far from it. I'd like a bigger house, a people carrier, the means to finance it all and - oh yes, fertility - and then I'd start all over again.

Rosie

« Reply #20 on: Oct 14, 2007, 11:16:49 PM »
Yeah, many of the younger mothers at my sons' school are having more babies and it makes my heart turn over. People seem to assume I'm in need of immediate psychiatric assessment when I say I'm still broody and I find it a bit odd, as though having mine should have put me off or something...Far from it. I'd like a bigger house, a people carrier, the means to finance it all and - oh yes, fertility - and then I'd start all over again.

...there's the rub, too, Kate - I could do it; got the house, the finances, my gf would absolutely love it etc etc but I'm just too old.

Oh well, hey ho I'm not one for dwelling on stuff and I'm usually a cheerful, happy kind of soul.

Thank you for understanding :D I very rarely voice any of these feelings because, as you say, there seems to be some kind of implicit thing about 'aren't you happy with what you've got' (especially when you probably know - as I do - people who haven't managed to have their own children.

kate b

« Reply #21 on: Oct 14, 2007, 11:26:05 PM »
 :-*

Offline M&M

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • MsUnderstood
« Reply #22 on: Oct 15, 2007, 12:35:32 AM »
       Group Hug

(((Kate and Rosie)))
M&M

Rosie

« Reply #23 on: Oct 15, 2007, 03:03:25 PM »
My baby's 5 today :D

Happy birthday, sweetheart :-*

It really doesn't seem possible that 5 years have passed since you made your way into this world and into our lives (via a birthing pool in the conservatory as it happens :D )

Little birthday tea this evening then your party 'proper' on Saturday. It's so lovely and exciting for you. I wish I could capture the innocent excitement and happiness which fills your life in so many ways and keep it for ever for you to dip into whenever you need it.

Offline Vamp

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #24 on: Oct 15, 2007, 05:27:11 PM »
Happy Birthday Little Rosie ;D ;D

We had a play date with rooby-rooby-roo, Diesel and their children on Sunday and a lovely time was had by all.

xxx
THE WORK WILL WAIT WHILE YOU SHOW THE CHILDREN THE RAINBOW.....BUT THE RAINBOW WON'T WAIT WHILE YOU FINISH THE WORK.

Offline Evelet

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #25 on: Oct 16, 2007, 12:46:07 AM »
I miss London. I want to take Jude on playdates with other kids with lesbian mums. My nephew calls children-of-gay-people (including himself) queerspawn. He has a t shirt with it on from the COLAGE group he was in in the USA.

scorp

« Reply #26 on: Oct 16, 2007, 07:10:51 AM »
*hugs all round*

I would love another one - but it is probably not going to happen, doesn't stop me getting broody at times though.

Can't wait for Diesel's do - be great seeing everyone again  :D

Offline Veela

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #27 on: Oct 16, 2007, 01:08:57 PM »
My baby's 5 today :D

Happy birthday, sweetheart :-*

It really doesn't seem possible that 5 years have passed since you made your way into this world and into our lives (via a birthing pool in the conservatory as it happens :D )

Little birthday tea this evening then your party 'proper' on Saturday. It's so lovely and exciting for you. I wish I could capture the innocent excitement and happiness which fills your life in so many ways and keep it for ever for you to dip into whenever you need it.

Relish this year - I loved it when my daughter was five.  It seemed the perfect age.

Bumble

« Reply #28 on: Oct 16, 2007, 03:50:13 PM »
My god I am so broody its silly. I cried whilest watching 'Baby Boom' last night!  :'(  Hurry up Febraury.........I need to be pregnant for own mental health!

Edith

« Reply #29 on: Oct 16, 2007, 07:51:44 PM »
I wish I was preggers too. And I wish that Evelet and Rosypie were still in London too.

And I wish that people responding to posts on Gingerbeer weren't so confrontational, hostile and judgemental (we are now on page 7 of the 2 year old behaviour argument). I feel uncomfortable posting these days.