Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 741629 times)

Offline Marty.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #30705 on: Aug 20, 2018, 12:10:00 AM »
Cleaning up the cat sick.  :-X

Offline Marty.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30706 on: Sep 01, 2018, 07:50:16 PM »
I'm on the bus home. Wooooooo Hooooooo. ;D

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #30707 on: Sep 02, 2018, 11:59:13 PM »
At least the cats won't ignore you! Sounds like a crap gathering you were at, Marty.

Offline Marty.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30708 on: Sep 03, 2018, 02:40:00 AM »
Yes. It got better as time went on. I kept an old lady with Alzheimer's and dementia company for most of it. She said go out and join the rest if you want and I said, no thank you. I am absolutely fine where I am, talking to you.  :)

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30709 on: Sep 03, 2018, 02:32:44 PM »
Listening to Paperback Writer and thinking that anyone who could pen the lines "It's a thousand pages give or take a two, I'll be writing more in a week or two" and "I could make it longer if you like the style" probably hasn't read many novels ;D
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30710 on: Sep 03, 2018, 11:07:47 PM »
@ musette:  ;D you may be right. Haven't heard that song in years and years, nice. When I was in the US this summer, I discovered that there is such a thing as a Beatles radio station! Our friend had it on in his car, it was nice.

@ Marty: sounds like you found the best bit of the party :)

Offline Marty.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30711 on: Sep 03, 2018, 11:30:40 PM »
 :)

Offline Musette

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30712 on: Sep 04, 2018, 12:23:09 PM »
@ musette:  ;D you may be right. Haven't heard that song in years and years, nice. When I was in the US this summer, I discovered that there is such a thing as a Beatles radio station! Our friend had it on in his car, it was nice.

This is what I was listening to, LfL:
http://www.181.fm/player/?station=181-beatles&TI=&embed=1

It's an online Beatles station :D
(They have other options as well but those are mostly very US-biased)

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30713 on: Sep 04, 2018, 09:39:36 PM »
Ooh, thanks! I hadn't bothered to look for one yet. I just clicked on the link and because a Lennon song was playing, there was a bit of a bio written underneath. Now this is going to sound really stupid, but because I am old enough to remember hearing about his death on the news, but was quite young at the time (not even a teenager), I never realised till now just how young he was. I always thought it was terrible, but somehow at the same time thought he was kind of retired, in rock star terms. Now that I am older than he was when he died, I find it shockingly young, as well as terrible.

Offline Oso

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30714 on: Sep 05, 2018, 01:39:22 AM »
^ I donít think that sounds stupid. I canít remember his death but for some reason thought he was a lot older when he died. I am also always surprised that he died in 1980. I always think it was more like 1970 for some reason.

Offline Musette

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30715 on: Sep 06, 2018, 01:49:15 PM »
I was 15 at the time and he seemed very old at 40 (about the same age as my mum) but of course now that seems (and was, in fact) tragically young :'(

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30716 on: Sep 09, 2018, 05:06:52 PM »
Omg, my parents were in their early forties too: aha! I thought for a minute there that I was weird enough to think that my parents were at retirement age , but it was more that I thought pop stars should be young and that at 40 you were a has been, fit only for radio 2 and oldies discos.

I think that perhaps there still aren't many pop/rock stars that manage to appeal to youth beyond 40, but probably more than there were back in 1980.

Anyway, what I am doing now is a) mercy posting, not so much for this thread but for gb as a whole, as no one's posted for a day or two.

b) thinking how crap it is that Slanty has such shit luck on the health front, and Wolfie too :(

And c) which was the reason for reaching for the iPad in the first place: taking a break from sorting out my clothes and shoes. I am somehow now able to admit that there are some things I really will never wear again, and recycling them (either as clothes or something else) is something I am able to let someone else take care of. They're off to the clothing bank. This is a step forward for me, my hoarding had got worse over the last couple of years.

Offline Marty.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30717 on: Sep 12, 2018, 11:14:00 PM »
Omg, my parents were in their early forties too: aha! I thought for a minute there that I was weird enough to think that my parents were at retirement age , but it was more that I thought pop stars should be young and that at 40 you were a has been, fit only for radio 2 and oldies discos.

I think that perhaps there still aren't many pop/rock stars that manage to appeal to youth beyond 40, but probably more than there were back in 1980.

Anyway, what I am doing now is a) mercy posting, not so much for this thread but for gb as a whole, as no one's posted for a day or two.

b) thinking how crap it is that Slanty has such shit luck on the health front, and Wolfie too :(

And c) which was the reason for reaching for the iPad in the first place: taking a break from sorting out my clothes and shoes. I am somehow now able to admit that there are some things I really will never wear again, and recycling them (either as clothes or something else) is something I am able to let someone else take care of. They're off to the clothing bank. This is a step forward for me, my hoarding had got worse over the last couple of years.

Yes. That is what I am doing.  :)

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30718 on: Sep 14, 2018, 10:31:38 AM »
 Well, what Iím doing is tentatively hoping that I wonít have to have the op after all. My eye has been feeling a lot better over the last few days, in fact itís not even hurting at the moment. Iím going to sit on it for a week, carry on with the eyedrops, then go and get the pressure checked. It was still very high on Tuesday, but if itís dropped then maybe I get to keep my eye. What I donít want to do is jump the gun, then have it get bad again, itís done that before,  and have to start the process from the beginning,   so Iím biding my time. Tentatively hopeful though. I donít want to go through that if I donít have to, it sounds horrible.     
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #30719 on: Sep 14, 2018, 11:45:56 PM »

That's very kind of you LfL. 
I basically lie in bed watching telly every day. :)
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt