Author Topic: Board Notices and Queries  (Read 71740 times)

Offline Guineapig

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • *meep meep*
    • The Yoga Club
Re: Board Notices and Queries
« Reply #405 on: Nov 26, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »
I had a stomach ache - related?
Gingerbeer Yoga Thread

*meep meep*

Offline roobarb

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Reclaiming The Night on 22nd November 2014.
« Reply #406 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:48:25 AM »
I've started receiving notifications to my email account when another poster has replied to a topic that i have previously replied to.  Seems with the change to the new GB format?

If i click the link, i can request no further notifications on that topic.

But how do i alter the account settings so i don't get any notifications in the first place?

Offline . . .

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • --Inactive--
« Reply #407 on: Nov 28, 2011, 01:33:28 PM »
roobarb, 

If you click on "Profile" and look on the left hand side of the page you will see "Modify Profile". On that list click on "Notifications". The first setting you will see on that page should be "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a top." Be sure that box is NOT ticked. You will also be able to see all the threads you currently have active notifications for and have the option to unnotify.  :D

Offline roobarb

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Reclaiming The Night on 22nd November 2014.
« Reply #408 on: Nov 30, 2011, 12:08:07 AM »
Thanks! - that seems to be it.

But the boxes weren't ticked anyway - perhaps the GB fairy got there before me  :)

Offline EVicT

• Administrator
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • We are the Borg!
    • Gingerbeer - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #409 on: Dec 03, 2011, 05:05:46 PM »
Content site is having some issues at present, we're working on it.  It works a bit, just keep hitting refresh until you get what you want!   Bad timing I'm afraid as I'm about to leave for the party...though I don't doubt I'll be at it again tonight after the fact.
Check the content site to see what's happening around the UK and abroad.  http://www.gingerbeer.co.uk

Offline ladypink

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Fun, Flirty, Femme
« Reply #410 on: Dec 04, 2011, 12:19:17 AM »
I can get on the message boards fine but i cannot get into the chat room.
I keep getting HTTP 500 internal server error.  :(
If it isn't pink I don't want it!

Offline EVicT

• Administrator
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • We are the Borg!
« Reply #411 on: Dec 04, 2011, 03:02:58 AM »
Yes, hopefully I'll get it sorted, but it's going to be after I get some sleep!
Check the content site to see what's happening around the UK and abroad.  http://www.gingerbeer.co.uk

Offline EVicT

• Administrator
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • We are the Borg!
« Reply #412 on: Dec 04, 2011, 07:29:46 PM »
It's all back up, please test it out.  Chat room is working again now too.

Offline EVicT

• Administrator
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • We are the Borg!
« Reply #413 on: Feb 10, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »
We've migrated the content site to a new host so some of you may have issues seeing it.  If there was a delay last time we migrated then you may have a similar delay if you're with the same ISP.  Otherwise, kick the tires for me and let me know if you see anything off.

Cheers!

Offline Jaques

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #414 on: Feb 25, 2014, 04:03:44 PM »
 I have a query, which i sent to the Webmaster last week. As i got no reply i thought I would put it up here, since i couldnt find another way to contact the administrator as the site didnt allow me to message her either............so here is the message I sent last week, perhaps someone could help me with my enquiry please?

Hi there, i just thought I'd write and mention that a few years ago i joined gingerbeer, using the same email address and encountered the same problem as i am experiencing now - once i had been accepted & activated my account and filled in my profile, i found i could no longer post unless i used the activate link on the original email you sent me, which is now the only way i can join in the site.  I have tried resetting my password but i only get the message that Gingerbeer has no record of my email address, although this cannot be the case since i have received an email of acceptance to that address.  As I said, this happened the last time I enrolled.  So i am puzzled as to what the problem might be and wonder if you may have an answer to the difficulty please?

Best wishes,  Jaques

Offline Jaques

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #415 on: Feb 26, 2014, 09:44:51 PM »
well although my post and emails werent answered, my signin is now recognised, thanku! :-*

Offline EVicT

• Administrator
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • We are the Borg!
« Reply #416 on: Sep 05, 2014, 08:42:52 AM »
I've removed a bunch of bans that were instituted on the site.  There have been a few people who can't access because of someone elses ban.  I have therefore removed a bunch of them and will grant amnesty to anyone who has been under a permanent ban.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #417 on: Feb 24, 2015, 02:42:58 AM »
WEIRD: Jacques' avatar has been added to at least four other Beeries' posts, and is not showing with Jacques' posts at all  ???

I've tried deleting it from mine (nothing personal, Jacques, it's just Not Me!) but on my tablet I can only see the link to my own avatar. 

How can this happen ???

Additional info: the four places I've found this are all people on the "currently on line" list, but of course there could be more:

lust for life, horse, Ms_omega, Malibu (there may be typos in these names as I didn't manage to copy them).

Also, just before this happened something weird happened to my screen, and it kept automatically scrolls up to the top of the page.  I closed the page and reopened it which seemed to help, but then this happened.

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2015, 02:46:29 AM by Lust for Life »

Ms_omega

« Reply #418 on: Feb 24, 2015, 02:55:03 AM »
I'm still me, same avatar, just lurking as always  ???

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #419 on: Feb 24, 2015, 03:17:29 AM »
Stranger still, then, looks like it's only me seeing the extra picture.  One of my smileys in the list has been changed as well.  Horse has advised me to turn everything off and back on again, I'll try that.