Author Topic: Birmingham  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Rala Rwdins

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Refuge
Birmingham
« on: Apr 01, 2007, 11:25:07 PM »
We're going up to Birmingham for the weekend in June. We're going to Good Food Show (or whatever they call the Summer version) on the one day but we're at a loss as to what to do the other days.

Are there any child friendly attractions within bus/train distance of the city centre?

Can anyone recommend any child friendly cafes or restaurants?

Thanks muchly  :)
"Hope has two beautiful daughters; their names are Anger and Courage. Anger at the way things are, and Courage to see that they do not remain as they are."- St. Augustine

bex80

Re: Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2007, 05:22:32 AM »
Cadbury World is surely a must if you've not been before!  It's a very short train ride to Bournville and then about a ten minute walk from the station, well sign-posted.  It has a family-friendly cafe and you get free chocolate too!  I went recently and it is a great day out for adults and children, and it had some new attractions compared to when I first went some years before.  Enjoy your break whatever you decide to do!

Offline Rala Rwdins

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Refuge
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2007, 01:26:00 AM »
Thanks bex.  :D
"Hope has two beautiful daughters; their names are Anger and Courage. Anger at the way things are, and Courage to see that they do not remain as they are."- St. Augustine

Fairyfatflange

« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2007, 10:27:28 AM »
ur only an hour away from ALton towers...  ;D

bubble27

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2007, 06:28:29 PM »
millenium point.. in city centre .. interactive..hands on science exhibition,, great fun for adults too.. theres also an imax cinema there

Offline The Rat

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2007, 08:45:18 PM »
The nature centre in edgbaston, next to cannon hill park, it is brilliant! There are red pandas, otters and loads of other animals and its only about £2 to get in, 47 or 45 bus from town centre

Offline Minxalicious

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • A beautiful contradiction
« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2007, 11:42:38 PM »
Theres also the sea life centre just off broad street.... its fun... and theres also a spot called Brindley Place, nice canalside bars, resturants etc.... I spent a good few hours there with some kids and they loved it... (or maybe all the sweets I bought them at the cinema afterward)
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.

Offline Rala Rwdins

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Refuge
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 11:58:40 PM »
Ooooh, marvellous.

Thank you everyone.  :D