Author Topic: child minder  (Read 3144 times)

sweetdemix

child minder
« on: Mar 12, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »
Hi , looking for a child minder in the Brockley area, to drop my son off to school and to do some pick ups.
Anyone interested please contact me...thanks

scifisam

Re: child minder
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2007, 04:45:20 PM »
The Children's Information Service for whatever your borough is will have a list of registered choldminders in your area. I don't have any personal recommendations, though.

fubbs

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2007, 09:05:16 PM »
Hi , looking for a child minder in the Brockley area, to drop my son off to school and to do some pick ups.
Anyone interested please contact me...thanks

Sorry can't offer help.. I live near you though!  Didn't realise there were other lesbian families near me!!!   :)

Offline Max71

• Olympic Athlete....... in my mind
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • I'm going again, ok?
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2007, 10:55:16 PM »
My son leaves his childminder tomorrow, although we are in Honor Oak, what school is it?  She's fantastic but as he's 11 he wants to start doing his own thing in the morning.
Fetch my foam roller, I need to roll.

Offline opc

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • omgzz opc
    • Project Caramel
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2007, 06:40:11 PM »
Be careful who you leave your child with if you find someone  :)
dominate me

Ruby

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2007, 12:28:28 PM »

You think?

Offline Max71

• Gingerbeer Devotee
  • I'm going again, ok?
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2007, 07:23:20 PM »

You mean dont just leave them with anyone?  Really?  Why not?  How about if I leave them at home with some Disney DVD's and crisps on a friday night so I can go and play darts at my local chav pub.

Offline opc

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • omgzz opc
    • Project Caramel
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2007, 06:09:45 PM »

You mean dont just leave them with anyone?  Really?  Why not?  How about if I leave them at home with some Disney DVD's and crisps on a friday night so I can go and play darts at my local chav pub.
haha I just thought it's a really strange thing to post on the internet *blushes*
dominate me

sweetdemix

« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2007, 09:20:06 PM »
O really...do you really think i would leave my son with anyone?...anyway thanks for your concern

scifisam

« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2007, 09:36:28 PM »
O really...do you really think i would leave my son with anyone?...anyway thanks for your concern

Don't worry, it wasn't a strange question to ask - it's not a bad place to see if anyone happens to know of a gay-friendly childminder. I don't think opc intended to be mean, though. :)

Hope you find someone wonderful!

sweetdemix

« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2007, 08:09:37 PM »
thanks for that

janelondon

« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2007, 10:22:43 PM »
We got a recommendation from one of our neighbours - a lovely straight woman with three children who we dont know that well.  It's funny how we've found a kind of solidarity amongst local mums in supportign each other with childcare solutions - so far our sexuality has been irrelevant.  She checked for us whether the childminder had any spaces, and I'm pretty certain she mentioned to the childminder that our baby has two mummies.  That was great, because it meant no suprises at all when we both showed up to meet her, and if she had been at all uncomfortable she had an easy get out of saying she couldnt take on another child.  I didn't fancy ringing round asking people if they are comfortable with lesbian parents - it felt like an awkward thing to do.  As a result of our neighbour's help, we have the most fantastic childminder who adores our daughter - and it's mutual.  She's North London and is not taking on any more children at the moment I'm afraid, but the point of this message was to let you know how we found our marvellous child minder, in case you might have some neighbours you could ask.  Oh, and by the way, any potential childminder should be able to show you their OFSTED report, and you can now search the OFSTED website to see if there are any childminders with an 'outstanding' rating in your area (though of course I'm sure any there are will have a long waiting list!)

Good luck!!

Offline Max71

• Gingerbeer Devotee
  • I'm going again, ok?
« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2007, 12:28:10 AM »

haha I just thought it's a really strange thing to post on the internet *blushes*

And one day I shall learn to hold my caustic tongue.....one day.   :-[