Author Topic: Amsterdam  (Read 7464 times)

sinewave

Amsterdam
« on: Feb 22, 2007, 04:02:06 PM »
i'm planning a trip for a long weekend in may to check out some of the greenery, and i'm looking for any recommendations regarding coffee shops, hostels, hotels, places which enable one to just have a proper staring session after heavily caning it etc etc.

ta  8)

Offline Saffa

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • African sunset
Re: Amsterdam
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2007, 10:43:59 AM »
I love Amsterdam. Been twice already and wanting to go again this year.

The La Canna coffeeshop is great, (my photo below) although at busy times can be a bit manic.. and with plenty of americans munching on magic mushrooms  ::)

The coffeeshops hidden in little canal streets are cosier.

Have only been to one Lesbian club, but was not in there for long as it was karaoke night! Cant remember the name of it tho.

Iv stayed twice at the Golden Tulip Amsterdam Art Hotel, nice modern hotel about 10mins bus ride into central Amsterdam.

Have a good one  :)

sinewave

« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2007, 11:02:57 AM »
cheers !

do you think there are any hotels and/or hostels which have coffee shops in them as well ??

Offline Gilly

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • gaydargirls
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2007, 11:27:17 AM »
cheers !

do you think there are any hotels and/or hostels which have coffee shops in them as well ??

mate you dont want that...you will stay indoors the whole time!

when i was there, i stayed in the hotel/b&b thingy above "The Camp Cafe".  It wasn't expensive n the food was good...and it is in the gay area.  There was a coffee shop around the corner. 8)
Who could resist a cute little scottish bundle of fun ;D

Offline Saffa

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • African sunset
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2007, 11:36:40 AM »
have a squiz at this website

http://www.amsterdamhotspots.nl/

sinewave

« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2007, 11:42:02 AM »
cheers !

when i was there, i stayed in the hotel/b&b thingy above "The Camp Cafe".  It wasn't expensive n the food was good...and it is in the gay area.  There was a coffee shop around the corner. 8)

i'm not too bothered about gay'ing it up lol

want to smoke, see some art and eat some good food when i get the munchies etc  ;D

sinewave

« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2007, 11:43:01 AM »
have a squiz at this website

http://www.amsterdamhotspots.nl/

cheers ! good site, most of the sites i found were poorly designed and i just couldn't be bothered to read them !

Dykiri

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »
The Other Side is a gay coffee shop

http://www.theotherside.nl/main.html

Offline Gilly

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • gaydargirls
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2007, 12:04:28 PM »
cheers !

i'm not too bothered about gay'ing it up lol

want to smoke, see some art and eat some good food when i get the munchies etc  ;D

yeah, i did all that, but stayed in a gay hotel...i didnt gay it up at all...i was straight in them days! :)

sinewave

« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2007, 12:19:25 PM »

Offline Gilly

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • gaydargirls
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2007, 12:29:03 PM »

Offline apparatchick

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2007, 03:12:25 PM »
Try googling the Eelhouse, a gay guesthouse in the Jordaan. They are lovely and give you free wine and chocolates, which makes it unique in my experience. Its right next to the Noordermarkt which is great for hangover shopping and apple pie. Saarein is a nearby dyke bar and you could check out the Pussy Lounge and the Trut on a Sunday.

whizgurl

« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2007, 05:25:16 PM »
Amsterdam is my fave place to go! You should def go to the Heineken Brewery. It's a really cool tour and you get to drink along the way. Whatever you do don't spend all your time in the coffee shops, bc you will regret it. My advice smoke in the parks, it's really lovely when the weather is nice. Also, you gotta check out the red light district.

Offline MRGİ

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2007, 10:41:42 PM »
i'm planning a trip for a long weekend in may to check out some of the greenery, and i'm looking for any recommendations regarding coffee shops, hostels, hotels, places which enable one to just have a proper staring session after heavily caning it etc etc.

ta  8)

Need a smoking buddy?  ;D
My world is an emotional rollercoaster and those who are not on the same ride are doomed to confusion....

Offline PassionPit

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #14 on: Mar 27, 2007, 01:02:24 PM »
does anyone know of anyone who does cheap flights besides easyjet?