Author Topic: Dear *  (Read 2053555 times)

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Dear *
« Reply #70035 on: May 24, 2018, 07:28:02 PM »
 Well of course, and donít forget that this is a movement for and about men, make no mistake about that. Money + men = free pass.
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #70036 on: Jun 10, 2018, 01:24:38 AM »
Dear Random Man,
your friends next door might not mind you ringing their doorbell in the middle of the night, but I object to you ringing my doorbell in the middle of the night when they don't answer, asking me if they're in or not.
I don't know if they're in, but if they've got any sense they'll be in bed. Like I was! >:(
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline Chewwy

• U16 Doubles Table Tennis Champion 1918
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I'm an okay arsehole.
« Reply #70037 on: Jun 10, 2018, 07:11:45 AM »
Dear Random Man,
your friends next door might not mind you ringing their doorbell in the middle of the night, but I object to you ringing my doorbell in the middle of the night when they don't answer, asking me if they're in or not.
I don't know if they're in, but if they've got any sense they'll be in bed. Like I was! >:(

Ooopsie.  I'm guessing he wasn't the most sober of persons?  Or an a-hole.
Hear me RoaaAAARRRRRrrrrr.......... purrrrRRRR.

Offline Musette

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #70038 on: Jun 10, 2018, 07:22:25 PM »
I don't think he was entirely sober, no. He claimed to be "just passing" and thought he'd ring the bell. As you do at 12.15am.
When I suggested that his friend might be in bed, he said, "When he was a student he'd be out till 3am!" to which I pointed out that he was no longer a student but a married man with 2 small children and was probably asleep.
I saw my neighbours this morning and the first thing they said was, "We're really sorry about last night!"
I said it was fine, the worst thing was the minute's worry I'd had between hearing the bell and getting to the door and seeing it was just a drunk fella.

Offline Musette

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #70039 on: Jun 13, 2018, 09:59:26 PM »
Dear (non-GB) group,
one word: google.
Seriously, you should try it.

(Questions I have had in the last week include "What is parkour?" and "How do I contact Sadiq Khan?" and "What is the plot of Mean Girls?" These are from adults. With internet access.)

Offline Plus One

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #70040 on: Jun 15, 2018, 11:48:39 PM »
Dear non-GBer,

How cavalier you are dismissing my identity. And you're one of the good guys! Wow! Just fucking Wow!

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #70041 on: Jun 29, 2018, 11:54:50 PM »
Dear Marx Bros,

Once again it is less grief to just do without the stuff I need than to try and get useful help from you. 
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline Musette

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #70042 on: Jul 12, 2018, 04:48:33 PM »
Dear non-GB,
I have to assume you aren't winding me up deliberately, but dear god, will you just shut the fuck up?
I do my best in a very demanding job and all you do is nitpick and imply that I'm not doing my job properly or that I do it 'by the book', (I'm not sure those statements aren't mutually exclusive, by the way). I try really hard to rise above it because I want to maintain a level of professionalism, but I do reserve the right to correct you, politely, when you say things which are demonstrably untrue. You can't hide behind the claim I am just 'assuming' criticism when everyone else can see that that is exactly what you mean.
Gods give me strength ::)

Offline PushingThru

• (yep)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
« Reply #70043 on: Jul 12, 2018, 07:30:23 PM »
Commiserations Musette, your annoying colleague sounds like my ex-colleague. The number of times I wished I could banish her to room 101.
No one is obliged to write in ways that appeal to everyone else - we're not paying for the user content. If you don't like it skim past it.

Offline Musette

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #70044 on: Jul 13, 2018, 04:14:51 PM »
Thanks PushingThru. The thing is, I'm sure they mean well, deep down, it's just the way they go about things is inappropriate and disruptive, like a grenade thrown into an otherwise calm environment.
Still, I'm on holiday next week so I can put it all to one side for a few days :)