Author Topic: Safe Sex  (Read 73289 times)

Offline karate boy

• Gingerbeer Devotee
Safe Sex
« on: Dec 19, 2006, 01:57:53 PM »
I was just about to post a link about safe sex, in the thread in DCG about cases of Clamydia but it seems the thread is now locked.

There's been an increase in STIs generally so I think this is always a good topic.

I've found a couple of links, but perhaps others can also give their tips and suggestions for safe sex.

http://lesbianlife.about.com/cs/sex/a/safersex.htm

Basic safer sex includes:

• Using latex medical gloves
  • Using condoms on sex toys
  • Being fluid bound to your partner(s)

If you wish to be even safer, use dental dams for any sort of oral sex.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2006, 05:04:44 PM by O tidings of comfort and kboi! »
"Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train."
-- Morihei Ueshiba

redred

Re: Safe Sex
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2006, 02:04:10 PM »
here is some stuff about oral sex and infection risk

this lists infections that can be caught through oral sex stating which are easy and which are difficult to transmit. It's from Brown, so i'm presuming it's accurate....

this is a list of common infections, their symptoms and available treatment options.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2006, 02:19:43 PM by oh the redred robin goes bob bob bobbin' along »

Offline karate boy

• Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2006, 02:08:45 PM »
"Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train."
-- Morihei Ueshiba

Steel

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2006, 02:12:23 PM »
Happy to make it a sticky as requested.

fetishkitty

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2006, 02:27:59 PM »
Surely, safe sex shouldn't be sticky?  Barriers, people, barriers!!

kitty

Offline Jo_Bunny

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I am sure i put it in here somewhere
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2006, 02:43:42 PM »
thank goodness the vaulteasers are taking this seriously.  i was getting annoyed with the jokes being made. 

this is what i wrote in the other thread

i do not see what the joke is - if someone is kind enough to warn us that there is something going around, maybe we should take notice, and think about how safe we are.  i do not mean to patronise anyone, but i take my sexual health very seriously. 

bunny rant for the day. 

phew i feel better now

thanks kboi  :-*
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2006, 02:51:02 PM by latke bunny »
I became the butterfly. I got out of my cocoon and I flew (Lynn Redgrave)

Offline Jo_Bunny

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I am sure i put it in here somewhere
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2006, 02:53:58 PM »
here is some stuff about oral sex and infection risk

this lists infections that can be caught through oral sex stating which are easy and which are difficult to transmit. It's from Brown, so i'm presuming it's accurate....

this is a list of common infections, their symptoms and available treatment options.

good links thanks - only one issue the brown website says that food wrap is ok - i thought it was unsafe as it has little holes in it
I became the butterfly. I got out of my cocoon and I flew (Lynn Redgrave)

autum

« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2006, 03:33:18 PM »
This isnt actually safe sex but it might be a good idea to ask for an mot when you go for your smear test. It wont stop std s but in this case it could detect them. Ideally you need to get yourself checked out more often depending on your activities but its one way of making sure you are not making 'some women' itch for more than and writing mercy threads on GB

redred

« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2006, 03:35:32 PM »
only one issue the brown website says that food wrap is ok - i thought it was unsafe as it has little holes in it

i believe food wrap and cling film are different compounds. Food wrap cannot contain polyvinyl chloride (it can transmit to foodstuffs and is carcenogenic).

this is what i found about 'plastic wrap', the US term for cling film (not foodwrap)

A variety of standard tests exist to ensure that plastic wrap is effective. The most important are tests for permeability, impact resistance, and tear strength.

Water vapor permeability is measured by filling a dish with calcium chloride, a highly water-absorbent substance. It is covered with a sample of plastic wrap and weighed. The dish is then placed in a chamber with a controlled temperature and humidity. After a measured amount of time the dish is weighed again. The increase in weight shows how much water vapor has passed through the plastic. This test can also be done by filling the dish with water instead of calcium chloride and measuring the decrease in weight to see how much water vapor has escaped. These tests are performed at 73F (23C) with a relative humidity of 50%, at 90F (32C) with a relative humidity of 50%, and at 100F (38C) with a relative humidity of 90%.

« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2006, 03:41:24 PM by oh the redred robin goes bob bob bobbin' along »

Offline McQuim

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2006, 06:24:40 PM »
yeah, but who's going to want to do all that before they fuck?!

I'll get my coat ....
"You cant reason with stupidity"

"aye yuu are yuur the mother of thiss family ihts yuur job tae touch jobby n tht "

autum

« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2006, 07:08:33 PM »
;D

Offline Woofy Bear

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • bears
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2006, 05:52:56 AM »
Great thread!

Safer sex - Rules!
I bite, So beware..    <br />Daddy <br />Bear<br />prurient - just cant get enought<br />WOOF!!!!

kemetic pagan

« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2006, 11:37:04 PM »
always remember to change your condom if fucking different women and nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnever go ass to faney with the same condom i know it sounds like an obvios thing to do but i have seen it in a club were i work sometimes were this woman did just that i felt fucking shit about pointing it out to the top  but i had to stop the scene as i know the other woman and i know she would of been furios had i let this woman do it its basic common sence and i hope i never have to stop a sex play scene again as it makes me feel crap but its one of the issuse in consent.

Offline greenbabies83

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2007, 07:02:36 PM »
In regards to the food wrap discussion, i believe if it's microwave safe then it's no good for protection as it has to have holes to lets the steam out!!!

Enjoy xx

Degenerate

« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2007, 10:34:45 PM »
thanks for this thread it's got some really useful stuff, esp re fluid bonding.