Author Topic: Ettiquete - what does a beginner need to know?  (Read 49228 times)

fluffybunnykins

Re: Ettiquete - what does a beginner need to know?
« Reply #105 on: Jul 04, 2007, 02:15:28 PM »
I've used that list a lot in my life but not in a "here's a list and fill it out before we play" way.

It's usually done with a play partner during pillow talk and the "hey wanna do this list together?" like a cosmo quiz kind of way (but not using the numbers just in a "yeah I'd like to try that" or "em...") where it's talked and discussed and giggled and ooo'd over - not a mechanical fill in the form.

And since I switch with the same people I top/bottom/domme/sub... we both get a better idea of what each of us likes.

But I don't play publicly anymore. And I tend not to take on extra play partners much. rare occation, but it wouldn't involve a list. Too much energy for a one-off.

pinkjelly_beans

« Reply #106 on: Jul 12, 2007, 03:03:50 AM »
Here is a VERY SIMPLISTIC VIEW......
Being a beginner is a one and only experience.  You will never have the opportunity to experience the watching and then that talking and then the playing in the same way ever again.  Treasure this time.
Take is slowly, talk on line to a few people who are obviously experienced but not necessarily what you think you want.  Just say Hi.  Find out a few ideas, views, nice people to chat to.
Get to chat to a few 'good guys' and ask them to support you on your first experience.  I did that and had such a wonderful weekend in Mancehster years ago.  Thanks to those poeple. 
Dont expect to have to know it all, do it all, take it all.
Watch and learn  Be respectful of watching, they may not appreciate it especially if they are 'round a corner' or what seems to be in a self contained area.
This is your jounrney and you are the driver. Go as fast or as slow as you want and you will never regret it.
Enjoy/
There are some very decent people on here.

Priapism

« Reply #107 on: Sep 22, 2007, 05:24:37 PM »
what a veritable feast of info, will read when theres time.

Offline softlysoftly

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #108 on: Sep 22, 2007, 11:25:42 PM »
This is your jounrney and you are the driver. Go as fast or as slow as you want and you will never regret it

this is so true!! why rush !!
thanks pink jellybeans words of wisdom
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2007, 11:27:39 PM by softlysoftly »
The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Bi_Jackie43

« Reply #109 on: Dec 01, 2007, 01:24:37 AM »
 ???I'm very submissive and new and lost!

Sue49

« Reply #110 on: Mar 24, 2008, 11:25:23 AM »
hya I am a sub/slave in London..When is your next meet.. I would love to come.

Blueness

« Reply #111 on: Mar 24, 2008, 11:46:23 AM »
hya I am a sub/slave in London..When is your next meet.. I would love to come.

Try www.purrr.co.uk

or come to Bar Wotever on a Tuesday evening. They also have KF downstairs once a month at Central Station.

http://www.woteverworld.com/

Galadriel

« Reply #112 on: Aug 05, 2009, 01:51:30 AM »
What does a beginner need to know? THIS:

Trust your instinct; if you're not COMPLETELY comfortable (ly numb) back off and wait for the next time. (ANNNNNticipation is fine)

It's easy to be seduced by the want and need to prove yourself - Don't do it until until you have developed your own power.

Our own power is easily overlooked - it takes time and a need to look inside ourselves and play with friends and lovers in a private and intimate space. If you choose to skip this bit you might lose confidence. Or... be at the mercy of others.... Maybe a wonderful thought. But do you know what that really means? The needing and wanting to be 'in it all' can be a bit of a disappointment in reality.. unless you have developed your own POWER! And you can. The power to be dominant or submissive or a switch or none of those things. They are only labels.  And don't let them convince you otherwise. x Etiquette is a paradigm created. Rarely challenged.

Offline Tozz

• Gingerbeer Virgin
« Reply #113 on: Oct 05, 2010, 02:36:59 PM »
Does anyone know of munches that are happening in London?  I'm fairly central - zone two, south.

I've found references to a couple in other forums, but have found their websites to be out of date or have just plain vanished!

I'm posting in here because I'm very much new to this and want to explore - and the first part of that is finding some people and getting to know them :)

Lexx

« Reply #114 on: Oct 05, 2010, 11:57:37 PM »
If you check out www.informedconsent.co.uk there are lists on there.