Author Topic: What has annoyed or made you MAD today ...  (Read 542527 times)

Online Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
Re: What has annoyed or made you MAD today ...
« Reply #15915 on: Apr 16, 2018, 01:05:46 AM »
Friend stayed and was annoyed that I have white curtains that let in the light.
Yep just hold on i'll change three curtains for you :/

;D Someone stayed at my house once and moved all my clocks as far away as possible! I didn't even know I had so many, they never bothered me. Apparently they couldn't get to sleep for the ticking...

Offline Oso

• Gingerbeer Diva
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #15916 on: Apr 16, 2018, 02:19:45 AM »
My sister stayed last weekend & I donít have a spare room so I slept in the living room. I ended up taking the batteries out of two clocks & moving another one.

I never realised I had so many clocks either until it was like being in an episode of count down.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15917 on: Apr 16, 2018, 10:01:28 AM »
 I canít stand the sound of a ticking clock, especially in hospital waiting rooms. Itís like itís ticking your life away.

The kids have gone back to school today, and look at the bloody weather. TypicalÖ  >:(
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #15918 on: Apr 22, 2018, 01:26:21 PM »
Haha, that's funny about the clocks!
I once stayed in the lounge of someone who had a water feature... like a little waterfall... that was annoying to be fair!

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15919 on: Apr 22, 2018, 03:40:50 PM »
have not been mad to any great extent in a while. Lucky me. I could get mad every morning about the direction my country has taken.

However, I taught art history and see that throughout history, megalomaniacs have formed oligarchies & $$$$  £ £ £ £,ÄÄÄÄ,  ‎•‎  ‎•‎  ‎•‎  ‎•‎  etc.,  = always a problem.

BUT, I do what I can, donate, write, and will ENJOY my good health, as I have not had cancer since 2016, my sweetheart, Sylvia, the St. Augustine weather, where for 6 months we have not needed air conditioning or a heater, healthy food, as we have fresh fish stands & fresh vegetables, fruit...

annoyed? that can happen at times.
The most permanent characteristic in life is change.

Offline Blythe

• Isle of Man Debating Champion 1981
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
    • http://www.gaydargirls.co.uk/scripts/ndisplay.asp?userid=rebecca-is-out
« Reply #15920 on: Apr 22, 2018, 04:28:50 PM »
Found more little moths crawling in some clothes.
'Someone take Blythe's mobile phone off her before she says something silly'           kitty

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15921 on: Apr 23, 2018, 01:08:52 PM »
 The TSB website was unavailable this weekend due to maintenance. It was supposed to be back on at 8AM this morning but I still canít log on.

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15922 on: Apr 25, 2018, 05:16:43 PM »
Found more little moths crawling in some clothes.
found this:  "Fill fabric pouches, tea bags, wiffle balls, or just a bowl with moth-repelling herbs or essential oils like lavender, rosemary, mint, thyme, cloves, peppercorns, lemon, eucalyptus, and ginseng. Refresh every few months, and enjoy the bonus of a nice smelling closet!May 11, 2015"

The most permanent characteristic in life is change.

Offline Oso

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #15923 on: Apr 26, 2018, 01:46:28 PM »
Somebody stole my cottage cheese from the works fridge last week. I gave who ever did it the benefit of the doubt & thought easy mistake, lots of people bring cottage cheese for lunch. Today someone has half inched my medjool dates. Not such an easy mistake because letís be honest apart from maybe me & 3 other people in the world who likes dates?!

I know getting annoyed at date theft is ridiculous but my office is located a stones through from two supermarkets so go & buy your own dates!  >:(

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15924 on: Apr 26, 2018, 08:52:51 PM »
Last year, after years of nagging, DWP finally put through a request for me to have correspondence in braille. I was told at the time that there would be a bit of a delay, but that I should receive everything in good time. Today I have received a letter from them dated March 2nd, which was virtually unreadable I might add. Two weeks ago I got a shock text message telling me I was expected to attend a compliance interview, because they arbitrarily accused me of fraud. I was rather taken aback so I rang them, and they said I should have had a letter, which I obviously hadnít. Now I know why. I expect Iíll get it sometime in June. It doesnít take two months to emboss a braille letter and stick it in a fucking envelope. They are a lot more efficient when it comes to stopping peoplesí benefits, especially for non-compliance when people havenít received their fucking correspondence in time. Honestly, these tories are a shit show. They should burn in hell, every fucking one of them.

Offline Oso

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #15925 on: Apr 26, 2018, 10:50:50 PM »
^ Thatís just beyond crap! I hope they take into consideration that you havenít received the correspondence.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15926 on: Apr 26, 2018, 11:34:03 PM »
 Iíve sorted it out now, thankfully. Apparently they received information from another department that an ISA of mine should have accrued £19,000-£25,000 interest.  The last figures they had from my account was 2013, and it was something like £1300. The interest rate is pathetic, 0.5% or something. 19 grand, what planet are they living on? Or do they know something we donít?
 Talk about creating a hostile environment, DWP certainly have. You canít win. They stigmatise and vilify benefit claimants for being frivolous lazy scroungers, but if you do save some of the pittance they begrudgingly give you, they accuse you of fraud.
 Fortunately the bloke who I spoke to was actually decent and  reasonable. And I got it cleared up. Still, it was a whole load of stress I didnít need. Iíve got enough of that already at the moment.     

Online Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15927 on: Apr 27, 2018, 07:31:26 AM »
Glad it's sorted, though it's almost a shame that there isn't loads of dosh lurking somewhere which you didn't know about!

I wasn't here when it happened so most of the irritation was my wife's, but yesterday someone carelessly knocked down a concrete beam attached to our house ::) :-\

The insurance will take care of the cost, but not the hours of time to sort it out, and the concrete post it was attached too is also damaged and a bit wonky, and if that goes as well, the silly carport that isn't a carport (which causes nothing but trouble, except that a local cat likes to sun himself on it) will collapse. And that would be very dangerous, so perhaps this should go in the 'what's worrying you' thread....
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2018, 07:41:23 AM by Lust for Life »

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15928 on: Apr 27, 2018, 09:45:43 AM »
 Well no not really, because if I did have large sums of money knocking around Iíd have to pay a load back, and I would be disqualified from claiming anything.  If you have penny more than you should theyíll come right down on you, and itís not like you get enough to save in the first place.  The only reason I have any savings at all is because I put away the derisory amount of child support my ex pays each week, and I know this puts me in a better situation than a lot of claimants.I play everything to the letter of the law, in no small part because Iíve never had the means not to, and you know, because Iím not a criminal.  They like to hound you, keep yoo in your place, and let you know exactly what they think of you. They can enforce the law without bullying and threatening innocent people, they just choose not to.

I hope you can get your concrete thingy fixed without too much of an administrative and bureaucratic headache, and that your carport doesnít collapse, especially with the cat on it.   

Online Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15929 on: Apr 27, 2018, 11:28:07 PM »
I know, that's why I said almost :-*