Author Topic: What has annoyed or made you MAD today ...  (Read 542623 times)

Offline hellohowareyoutoday

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: What has annoyed or made you MAD today ...
« Reply #15945 on: Jun 05, 2018, 05:16:38 PM »
I am not getting enough sleep and I fear I will go mad. The reason is that I am living next to a construction site and each morning they start at 6:50am with bulldozers beeping and hammers knocking. It's the beeping that worries me. Earplugs are not blocking out the noise. It is driving me up the wall. I'm worried that I will turn into a zombie over the next 9 months from lack of sleep and repeated auditory annoyance. :( My landlord never told me this would be happening and I just renewed my lease. It's terrible.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15946 on: Jun 06, 2018, 03:06:47 AM »
rinkytink falling apart

Hhayt what earps are you using?
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15947 on: Jun 06, 2018, 03:19:36 AM »
I use these (Howard Leights)

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15948 on: Jun 06, 2018, 05:30:13 AM »
Do you like them?  I sleep in
plus
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15949 on: Jun 06, 2018, 06:30:10 PM »
^ that is some impressive noise-blocking! I do like mine, and recommend them if ever you want to give some new ones a try.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15950 on: Jun 06, 2018, 06:40:38 PM »
I have tried everything. I'm the Spatula City of earps.

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #15951 on: Jun 11, 2018, 12:26:51 AM »

^ so, your grandmother was tough and determined and went after a better life?

You'd be following in her footsteps, then?

(I come from a long line of migrants. I am not sure about my great great grandparents, but every generation after that has included several.)

yes LfL- thanks- that has certainly been part of the thought process on this
I hate to feel driven out by the likes of *him* though

Chewwy-hope the weekend got better for you!

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15952 on: Jun 28, 2018, 02:41:53 PM »
Nothing has made me MAD yet, just a number of small irritations that are making me think I've annoyed the gods in some way.

An ex member of the charity I work for got in touch via email and asked to rejoin. I said that as fine, if none of her details had changed I'd just need to reactivate her membership. Great, she said. So I had a search of my records and couldn't find anyone with her name so I got back to her to say she didn't seem to be on my membership list. Oh, she said, I used to use the name [completely different name]. Ok, you didn't think to mention that before? ::)

I spent a couple of hours doing my big shop in Sainsbury's this morning. I took a work call which was a sailing centre asking if I'd given out incorrect information about their activities to my members. I said no, I'd given out the exactly correct information and he confirmed that what I told him was indeed correct. Turns out people haven't been properly reading the information I sent out ::)

At the checkout my bag of courgettes split and they fell out. No biggie. But then a 1kg bag of sugar did the same. All over my full trolley. Everything covered in a fine layer of caster sugar, and the chilled things, now slightly damp with condensation, covered in a layer of stickiness. I just had to brush and wipe off what I could ::)

The till roll machine wasn't working so I didn't get my vouchers ::)

When I got home a man was parked in a van outside my house with his engine running. I parked in front of him and unloaded my dozen bags while he watched. When I'd finished I went up to his open window and asked why he was sitting there with his engine running. He said, "I'm just pulling away love." I pointed out that he'd been sitting there for at least five minutes and was, in fact, eating his lunch. He just shrugged ::)

Now I have half an hour to eat something and get to a meeting followed by NTC's school concert then my charity's AGM and talk tonight, which I am organising. I'm really hoping nothing goes wrong... :-[

(On the plus side - I've just been told my hours have been increased (I won't be working any more hours but I'll actually get paid for the hours I do work) and hourly rate put up as well. Total salary increase of approx 50%! :D)
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

acecrusher

« Reply #15953 on: Jun 30, 2018, 04:04:38 PM »
Daft rumours.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15954 on: Jul 07, 2018, 08:26:04 PM »
I am sick of the fear