Author Topic: What has annoyed or made you MAD today ...  (Read 560070 times)

hellohowareyoutoday

Re: What has annoyed or made you MAD today ...
« Reply #15945 on: Jun 05, 2018, 05:16:38 PM »
I am not getting enough sleep and I fear I will go mad. The reason is that I am living next to a construction site and each morning they start at 6:50am with bulldozers beeping and hammers knocking. It's the beeping that worries me. Earplugs are not blocking out the noise. It is driving me up the wall. I'm worried that I will turn into a zombie over the next 9 months from lack of sleep and repeated auditory annoyance. :( My landlord never told me this would be happening and I just renewed my lease. It's terrible.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15946 on: Jun 06, 2018, 03:06:47 AM »
rinkytink falling apart

Hhayt what earps are you using?
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

hellohowareyoutoday

« Reply #15947 on: Jun 06, 2018, 03:19:36 AM »
I use these (Howard Leights)

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15948 on: Jun 06, 2018, 05:30:13 AM »
Do you like them?  I sleep in
plus
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

hellohowareyoutoday

« Reply #15949 on: Jun 06, 2018, 06:30:10 PM »
^ that is some impressive noise-blocking! I do like mine, and recommend them if ever you want to give some new ones a try.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15950 on: Jun 06, 2018, 06:40:38 PM »
I have tried everything. I'm the Spatula City of earps.

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #15951 on: Jun 11, 2018, 12:26:51 AM »

^ so, your grandmother was tough and determined and went after a better life?

You'd be following in her footsteps, then?

(I come from a long line of migrants. I am not sure about my great great grandparents, but every generation after that has included several.)

yes LfL- thanks- that has certainly been part of the thought process on this
I hate to feel driven out by the likes of *him* though

Chewwy-hope the weekend got better for you!

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15952 on: Jun 28, 2018, 02:41:53 PM »
Nothing has made me MAD yet, just a number of small irritations that are making me think I've annoyed the gods in some way.

An ex member of the charity I work for got in touch via email and asked to rejoin. I said that as fine, if none of her details had changed I'd just need to reactivate her membership. Great, she said. So I had a search of my records and couldn't find anyone with her name so I got back to her to say she didn't seem to be on my membership list. Oh, she said, I used to use the name [completely different name]. Ok, you didn't think to mention that before? ::)

I spent a couple of hours doing my big shop in Sainsbury's this morning. I took a work call which was a sailing centre asking if I'd given out incorrect information about their activities to my members. I said no, I'd given out the exactly correct information and he confirmed that what I told him was indeed correct. Turns out people haven't been properly reading the information I sent out ::)

At the checkout my bag of courgettes split and they fell out. No biggie. But then a 1kg bag of sugar did the same. All over my full trolley. Everything covered in a fine layer of caster sugar, and the chilled things, now slightly damp with condensation, covered in a layer of stickiness. I just had to brush and wipe off what I could ::)

The till roll machine wasn't working so I didn't get my vouchers ::)

When I got home a man was parked in a van outside my house with his engine running. I parked in front of him and unloaded my dozen bags while he watched. When I'd finished I went up to his open window and asked why he was sitting there with his engine running. He said, "I'm just pulling away love." I pointed out that he'd been sitting there for at least five minutes and was, in fact, eating his lunch. He just shrugged ::)

Now I have half an hour to eat something and get to a meeting followed by NTC's school concert then my charity's AGM and talk tonight, which I am organising. I'm really hoping nothing goes wrong... :-[

(On the plus side - I've just been told my hours have been increased (I won't be working any more hours but I'll actually get paid for the hours I do work) and hourly rate put up as well. Total salary increase of approx 50%! :D)
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

acecrusher

« Reply #15953 on: Jun 30, 2018, 04:04:38 PM »
Daft rumours.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15954 on: Jul 07, 2018, 08:26:04 PM »
I am sick of the fear

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #15955 on: Jul 31, 2018, 11:11:20 AM »
 Iíve paid £54 for a Railcard which I havenít been sent. I rang them and they said there is no payment on their records.  Then I rang the mediator to try and get a mediation certificate, at the time we agreed, and sheís not answering her phone. This morning has not started well.
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #15957 on: Jul 31, 2018, 07:13:12 PM »
 No, I donít, but Iím wondering if thereís a way I can. A few interesting calls lately that I wish hadd been recorded. Thanks for the heads up, Iíll have a look.
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved