Author Topic: What has annoyed or made you MAD today ...  (Read 561356 times)

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: What has annoyed or made you MAD today ...
« Reply #15930 on: May 13, 2018, 06:52:45 PM »
seeing the rude, crude, horrible President on TV, as I try to avoid that.
With about 1/2 the country favoring him, I am really in the mood to
escape.
However, not in the 20-40 age bracket &
do not know if I can. Going to Kenmare Ireland
 for 3 weeks...investigating.  London=my love> too expensive
The most permanent characteristic in life is change.

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #15931 on: May 14, 2018, 08:51:24 PM »
^I've got friends in Canada who have offered to sponsor me
Knowing what my grandmother went through to get here I'm not ready to give it up just yet
hard choices isn't it?

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #15932 on: May 14, 2018, 10:13:14 PM »
^ so, your grandmother was tough and determined and went after a better life?

You'd be following in her footsteps, then?

(I come from a long line of migrants. I am not sure about my great great grandparents, but every generation after that has included several.)

hellohowareyoutoday

« Reply #15933 on: May 14, 2018, 10:17:21 PM »
Is emigration to a highly sought after country like Canada really possible through sponsorship from friends? Jeez, I am being sponsored in the USA by blood relatives and expect to get a Green Card when I'm 103.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15934 on: May 14, 2018, 10:23:30 PM »
The us is notorious for being hard to get citizenship for. I would bet there are few countries more difficult.

hellohowareyoutoday

« Reply #15935 on: May 14, 2018, 10:34:23 PM »
Very true. Argh, all the good countries want you to be a rocket surgeon trillionaire, unfortunately. Like, can't loser people live somewhere nice too?

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15936 on: May 14, 2018, 11:17:09 PM »
That's a good question. Marriage with a person who already has the citizenship you desire does help a lot, if your parents were inconsiderate enough to have nationalities you desire less.

This makes it sound like I married a Dutch national on purpose. Well, I did marry her on purpose (as opposed to accidentally getting married - is that even possible?), but because I wanted to marry her, rather than because she was Dutch.

And I do know someone who kind of hoped to meet an Englishman she could want to marry, because she wanted to be allowed to stay in the UK and have the rights that went with being a British national. But she does love her husband and they have been together for nearly 15 years and counting.

Are you not the marrying kind, hhayt? Though admittedly, a true loser, by definition, has difficulty persuading someone to marry them even if they are the marrying kind. (I mean that by definition, a loser's plans don't work out, not that all unmarried a are losers :o) The other problem with being an absolute loser is that even if you live somewhere nice, you tend to be excluded from the niceness by poverty etc :-\

hellohowareyoutoday

« Reply #15937 on: May 14, 2018, 11:22:21 PM »
LFL, I'm married to the sea, and we aren't considering polygamy just yet. It would cause too many waves.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15938 on: May 15, 2018, 12:01:30 AM »
 ;D

chkdsk /f C:

« Reply #15939 on: May 29, 2018, 12:39:34 AM »
Global warming.
Giant mosquitoes.
Brimstone.
Blocked guttering.
Pigeon shit.
Pestilence.
But not transwomen with penises.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #15940 on: May 29, 2018, 06:30:09 PM »
 My ex is a loser, but his MO was to find a vulnerable person to manipulate. I suppose he succeeded in that at least. Thinking about it though, he is an Australian national who doesnít have British citizenship. I wonder if I could get him deported?

I just rang the vets to book my dog in for her vaccinations. The reception asked me when I want the appointment, then told me that that time wasnít available and I have to wait till next week. Well why didnít you just say that in the first place then? I get this a lot when booking appointments. Iím not a mind reader and I donít have the appointment schedule in front of me, so just tell me when the next bloody appointment is available ffs.   
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Chewwy

• U16 Doubles Table Tennis Champion 1918
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I'm an okay arsehole.
« Reply #15941 on: May 31, 2018, 11:50:00 PM »
My ex is a loser, but his MO was to find a vulnerable person to manipulate. I suppose he succeeded in that at least. Thinking about it though, he is an Australian national who doesnít have British citizenship. I wonder if I could get him deported?

I just rang the vets to book my dog in for her vaccinations. The reception asked me when I want the appointment, then told me that that time wasnít available and I have to wait till next week. Well why didnít you just say that in the first place then? I get this a lot when booking appointments. Iím not a mind reader and I donít have the appointment schedule in front of me, so just tell me when the next bloody appointment is available ffs.

Ah... I'm just glad you're out of that situation Slanty'.  From what you've said it was unbearable for a while, and without a clear way out.

I've had a shitter of an afternoon.  Safeguarding training (which was harrowing and put me right off broadening my role).  Then bobbed off early across town to collect my prescription - which didn't exist upon arrival (totally out of tabs', my fault).  I was told I was due for a review, despite having a 20 min telephone convo' with the doctor v recently which involved "how are your meds?" and "on a scale of 1-10, how much do you feel like lobbing yourself out of the window at this point in time?".  I really wish they'd let me know why they were ringing out of the blue, especially when in a queue at the works canteen where everything echoes.

But anyroads, left there disgruntled to travel home (to my station), and find some thieving twat had stolen the front wheel of my bike.  If you've seen my bike you'd laugh at the time they must've spent, and worry about the quality of deviants these days.

Hear me RoaaAAARRRRRrrrrr.......... purrrrRRRR.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15942 on: Jun 01, 2018, 12:33:06 AM »
Jeez, Chewwy, what a bloody day >:(

Offline Chewwy

• U16 Doubles Table Tennis Champion 1918
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I'm an okay arsehole.
« Reply #15943 on: Jun 01, 2018, 01:48:18 AM »
Aye, it wasn't great.

What made me feel worse, was that the lady I bought it from (drove to Oxfordshire), loved it dearly.  So much so that she tried to talk me out of buying it, then cried twice when she handed it over.  She'd had it for decades, and took real care.

It's not like that when you buy a swift 2nd hander from Brick Lane (even the legit ones).

Still... I'll get her a new wheel.  And about 18 more locks.   :)
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2018, 03:41:10 AM by Chewwy »
Hear me RoaaAAARRRRRrrrrr.......... purrrrRRRR.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15944 on: Jun 02, 2018, 01:03:55 AM »
 :o 18? I live in Amsterdam, bike theft capital of the world (probably), and I only have 2!

Mind, one of them weighs about four kilos and is meant to be good enough for a scooter ;D

Your poor bike :'(