Author Topic: What has annoyed or made you MAD today ...  (Read 540424 times)

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: What has annoyed or made you MAD today ...
« Reply #15900 on: Jan 27, 2018, 12:33:56 PM »
The same person just asked another question and because nobody replied after a couple of minutes she posted "Just googled it."
There you go :)
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

oldbutnew...

« Reply #15901 on: Feb 02, 2018, 01:17:46 AM »
Went to collect my passport from the London passport office and when I got there they did not have it.   I checked before I went.   I was asked to phone the courier company who sent it and was told that it was there and had been delivered.   The passport office checked and looked around and said it was certainly not there.   I then phone the courier company again and they were going to have it noted as lost in transit  ::)   I said how the heck can it get lost when all you had to do was courier it to the London office and it was registered so there should be a record of who signed for it upon delivery..     Long story short.....   A senior member of the passport office saw me and checked again and discovered that my passport is with the office in Peterborough.  I said what's it doing there and I was told Peterborough is the main passport office where passports get sent if they try to courier it to your home and you are not there.   I said why then was I told it was here and I could pick it up?    I never got a straight answer.   She said she would personally make sure the Peterborough office send it to London and she will phone me when she has it and I can get it from her.   

What a total waste of an afternoon.   I was there from 2pm until 4pm trying to sort this out  >:(

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15902 on: Feb 06, 2018, 11:41:15 AM »
I was recently trying to get a heavy piece of equipment moved in my office. There was a man 'helping' me.
I asked him to turn it through 45 degrees.
He turned it through 90 degrees and said, "That's what you meant, isn't it?"
No. No that is not what I meant. I said 45 and I meant 45.
I know he knows the difference; he assumed that my poor ladybrain didn't and that he knew better >:(
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #15903 on: Feb 06, 2018, 01:54:09 PM »
 Of course, but he only succeeded in making himself look stupid. I call that a fail.

I forgot to get my mince out the freezer again. I did it last week and got halfway through preparing my Bolognese then realised. Iím going to get it out now and cook my chilli tomorrow.
 Iím so bloody forgetful.  >:( 
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline plaiting fog

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15904 on: Feb 06, 2018, 11:13:17 PM »
^
Hi Slanty.

A woman much older than me once told me that, with regard to cooking meat from frozen, "four legs good, two legs bad".
She had lived by this rule and was still going strong, although I admit I didn't get around to testing the theory myself....

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #15905 on: Feb 06, 2018, 11:23:39 PM »
Yup, with mince, you can defrost it in the pan, breaking it into smaller and smaller pieces. If you've already started the rest of the sauce, I would do this in a separate pan so you can see it all, but as plaiting fog says, raw beef shouldn't make you ill anyway. I would be more careful with pork mince, though, even though pigs have four legs. You could still defrost it at speed, but making sure it's cooked through is more important, I think.

Eta: enjoy the chili  :)

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15906 on: Feb 06, 2018, 11:39:46 PM »
 Oh yeah, Iíve done that before. Years ago I bought that horrible frozen mince, until I realised how horrible it is. I could have bumged it in the microwave to defrost like I did last week,  but I prefer to do it slow. Iíve stuck it in the fridge and Iíll do it tomorrow, itís no biggie. I was just annoyed with myself for being so bloody forgetful all the time. Iíd forget to breathe if it wasnít a reflex.  Defo the pork thing though. Funny is pork. I like my steak blue but pork definitely wants cooking through thoroughly.
Cheers PF and LFL. :)
 Edited to correct a stupid mistake perpetrated by my dictation thingy.  It takes me more time to correct it than to type out the dam thing in the first place.       
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2018, 01:10:44 PM by Slantrhyme »

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #15907 on: Feb 14, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »
Last night I went to a film showing with live panel discussion. I was a bit concerned that the facilitator might make off remarks as his columns are sometimes... odd. But no, he was pretty charming except for one weird comment at the end. One of the speakers, however, compared Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch to 'that other good guy with a soft side', Clint Eastwood. That man ought to take another look at High Plains Drifter, the film that put me off westerns for life. This was not a sharp comment obliquely referring to Atticus' recent downfall, his other comments made it pretty clear he was just an underprepared idiot. I wonder how many women he has accidentally date-raped, as Clint Eastwood's very clear-cut rape scene had done nothing to dent the good-guy image in this man's tiny mind. :-[

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15908 on: Mar 01, 2018, 01:23:23 PM »
 The boyís dad keeps ringing me for no apparent reason and itís doing my head in, but I havenít got the heart to tell him to get lost. Iím one of these people who considers it rude not to return somebodyís call, and I donít want to appear unkind because I know heís going through a tough time, but I wish heíd just move on. He almost never rings his son.
 Here comes my female conditioning again to stretch my boundaries and make me feel uncomfortable.   

oldbutnew...

« Reply #15909 on: Mar 03, 2018, 06:53:37 PM »
People who are retired who say they are struggling to pay their bills and yet they are always going on holiday.    ::)

I almost said to someone today but if you only had one holiday a year instead of two or three then you would be able to pay your bills.

Its like an addiction.   
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2018, 07:02:25 PM by cigarettes and matches »

Offline Oso

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #15910 on: Mar 07, 2018, 09:46:20 AM »
Buses  >:( This is the third morning mine hasnít turned up & when it has itís been so full it hasnít even stopped to let me on. Just  >:( and more  >:(

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #15911 on: Apr 03, 2018, 03:19:35 PM »
JD sports have a size finder which is meant to help work out what size trainer you are.

So I answered their questions, basicaly which gets you to name what brand you normally wear, then select what size you normally wear. Then it recommends.... that you should buy that size.

WHAT THE FuCK????????

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #15912 on: Apr 03, 2018, 03:20:08 PM »
Also: my foot appointment was 45 minutes late, fucking annoying.

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #15913 on: Apr 03, 2018, 04:20:36 PM »
Everything

HOnestly I'm so aggravated

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #15914 on: Apr 15, 2018, 10:19:35 AM »
Friend stayed and was annoyed that I have white curtains that let in the light.
Yep just hold on i'll change three curtains for you :/