Author Topic: What has annoyed or made you MAD today ...  (Read 519728 times)

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: What has annoyed or made you MAD today ...
« Reply #15675 on: Mar 20, 2017, 02:26:45 PM »
£120 tenancy renewal fee  >:(

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15676 on: Mar 21, 2017, 06:27:37 PM »
That fucking giraffe!

Offline Smik

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15677 on: Mar 21, 2017, 07:39:14 PM »
Insignificant people- you can push my beyond my limits, it just makes me stronger and you look like a fool! I will never let you have the satisfaction of seeing me break!

Offline Blythe

• Isle of Man Debating Champion 1981
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
    • http://www.gaydargirls.co.uk/scripts/ndisplay.asp?userid=rebecca-is-out
« Reply #15678 on: Mar 21, 2017, 07:53:41 PM »
Norman Tebbit's quote about Martin Mcguinness' s death today.  It offended me.   Mcguinnees was a force for change, he was instrumental and crucial to the peace process in N Ireland by leading the IRA away from violence and working for peace.
If it were left to Tebbit there'd still be car bombs and killings.  Even Ian Paisley knew that. 
Why can't he acknowledge that?
'Someone take Blythe's mobile phone off her before she says something silly'           kitty

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #15679 on: Mar 22, 2017, 07:02:07 AM »
^ because his wife suffered terrible injuries with lasting consequences when the IRA bombed the Tory party conference hotel they were in?

That is my answer to your very last question, but yes, a greater person could have seen that this was political, not personal, and that his own government and country and the 'values' Tebbit embraced and embraces ALSO led to his wife's suffering. And to the death or maiming of hundreds of other people's loved ones in Ireland too.

Edited to correct inaccuracy. I had remembered it incorrectly (I thought Tebbit's wife had died in the bombing). Thanks for pointing this out, Betty, and I apologise for putting rubbish on the Internet.
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2017, 09:02:39 PM by Lust for Life »

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #15680 on: Mar 22, 2017, 08:57:04 PM »
Thanks for correcting that Betty, I should have checked my facts and I am going to edit it now.

There is much that I am wary about concerning the a royal family and the Queen, but something she managed a whole lot better than Tebbit was accepting that McGuinness had changed his tactics. No matter what she thinks in the comfort of her many homes, she did the right thing for peace in Ireland by publicly shaking his hand when he was alive and sending her condolences to his family this week.

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #15681 on: Mar 22, 2017, 09:34:36 PM »
Thanks for correcting that Betty, I should have checked my facts and I am going to edit it now.

There is much that I am wary about concerning the a royal family and the Queen, but something she managed a whole lot better than Tebbit was accepting that McGuinness had changed his tactics. No matter what she thinks in the comfort of her many homes, she did the right thing for peace in Ireland by publicly shaking his hand when he was alive and sending her condolences to his family this week.

No worries. I'll delete it as redundant. Otherwise it won't make sense.

You're right. I'm not a fan of the Monarchy as an institution but you couldn't fault her for that and many of the other things she has got right. I'm hoping its going to skip a generation straight to William because Charles is not a responsible adult and will ruin her hard work.

In situations like that, the only hope is that everyone concerned raises their game and puts peace first over their egos and reservations, which thankfully all major players did over Northern Ireland.

Offline Artist

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • artist of life
« Reply #15682 on: Mar 23, 2017, 12:07:42 AM »
'Moral' woman on the bus. Bully!
“Expectations are resentments under construction.”
― Anne Lamott

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15683 on: Mar 24, 2017, 10:46:34 AM »
That fucking giraffe!

What has the giraffe done?

Offline Suzi

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15684 on: Mar 24, 2017, 01:36:44 PM »
A colleague of my girlfriend. During Wednesday's terror attacks, because my girlfriend works right next to parliament, they had several tvs on, screening the news, so they had constant updates. Some idiot from another department comes upstairs into my girlfriend's department, to look at the news and says "Damn! I missed all the good bits! Hahaha!".  >:(

Seriously, wtf is wrong with some people?! Were the "good bits", people dying? There are no words really.

Offline Artist

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • artist of life
« Reply #15685 on: Mar 24, 2017, 03:45:51 PM »
^ Macho! Lol Stupid show off.
― Anne Lamott

Offline Smik

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15686 on: Mar 25, 2017, 08:08:39 PM »
Stuff that really shouldn't have!

Offline Artist

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • artist of life
« Reply #15687 on: Mar 25, 2017, 09:21:34 PM »
^  This just reminded me that I had a first go at decluttering today. Though got mad at shredder at one point.
― Anne Lamott

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #15688 on: Mar 25, 2017, 09:46:58 PM »
A frail old couple bundled up against the biting cold the other day pumping kerosene into jerry cans and lifting them into the back of a taxi while a big burly bloke sat at the wheel in the warmth reading his paper-bet he expected a tip too

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #15689 on: Apr 25, 2017, 09:31:52 PM »
I heard today about a manager running a call centre who times his female employees going to the toilet and asks them in their performance review to provide an explanation if they were longer than 7 minutes on average. This kind of thing really makes me annoyed.  >:(