Author Topic: Dear *  (Read 1996566 times)

Offline Wongy

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Suzywongs webspace
Re: Dear *
« Reply #69930 on: Nov 03, 2017, 10:06:39 PM »
good to see your name Wongy!

I check back in occasionally 😊 Hope you're okay?
I am fantastic & I hope  you are ok. I am just in shock over the fact that whenever I go on there are 4 people total. Wondering, did the GB crew exit to Facebook? just exit? Is there a place for lesbians like First Out? Do women still meet- - -ever? 

We will be in London for 2 weeks , mid June, 'til end, then go to Ireland for a month. There were(are) many women I cared about and have many memories of friendship, good times,  .  .  . where are they? Is their a new web site?

Meanwhile, take care dear Wongy.

I think Facebook, but also the infighting and sameness got people down. Newbies really struggled at meet ups cause everyone there already knew each other. Then when others tried to arrange a meeetup no one turned up so they left too. There are quite a few active Facebook groups though and lots of events now that include meet up type things.

Also meetup.com as that's solely for meeting people with similar interests rather than trolling through a forum 😕

As for the rest of us, I think time just moved on - I've got quite a few people hidden cause everything I said they disagreed with and it got to the point I had little interest in talking on the boards. Equally leaving London meant the boards held very little for me anymore - I don't think anyone has ever replied to my board about Wales......

However if you are over in June then I would love to meet up! I'm sure your friends can be found though? If you PM them they should still get an email to let them know even if they aren't active on the boards anymore? I know I do x

Offline cigarettes and matches

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #69931 on: Nov 05, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »
Dear people

I can think of nothing worse than standing in a field freezing to death watching a load of fireworks going off so I will be staying home tonight.    Thanks for the invite.   I haven't been to a fireworks display for three years and that was because I stood in a field on bonfire night and it was quite cold and started raining and it was very muddy.   I prefer to watch fireworks from my window in the warm.
Music isn't my hobby, it's my passion.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #69932 on: Nov 05, 2017, 07:50:45 PM »
good to see your name Wongy!

I check back in occasionally 😊 Hope you're okay?
I am fantastic & I hope  you are ok. I am just in shock over the fact that whenever I go on there are 4 people total. Wondering, did the GB crew exit to Facebook? just exit? Is there a place for lesbians like First Out? Do women still meet- - -ever? 

We will be in London for 2 weeks , mid June, 'til end, then go to Ireland for a month. There were(are) many women I cared about and have many memories of friendship, good times,  .  .  . where are they? Is their a new web site?

Meanwhile, take care dear Wongy.

I think Facebook, but also the infighting and sameness got people down. Newbies really struggled at meet ups cause everyone there already knew each other. Then when others tried to arrange a meeetup no one turned up so they left too. There are quite a few active Facebook groups though and lots of events now that include meet up type things.

Also meetup.com as that's solely for meeting people with similar interests rather than trolling through a forum 😕

As for the rest of us, I think time just moved on - I've got quite a few people hidden cause everything I said they disagreed with and it got to the point I had little interest in talking on the boards. Equally leaving London meant the boards held very little for me anymore - I don't think anyone has ever replied to my board about Wales......

However if you are over in June then I would love to meet up! I'm sure your friends can be found though? If you PM them they should still get an email to let them know even if they aren't active on the boards anymore? I know I do x

Everyone on GB was a newbie once.  If you have the attitude that you wont go to meet ups because everyone knows each other then you won't get to know the people.   How do you think the people at meet ups all know each other?  By making the effort.

Offline Wongy

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Suzywongs webspace
« Reply #69933 on: Nov 05, 2017, 08:42:45 PM »
Dear C&M,

It's just what I've seen from the people I know and experiences I've had. Everyone's different but the evidence does speak for itself somewhat....

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #69934 on: Nov 08, 2017, 03:11:04 AM »
Dear person online that I have been chatting to on and off for a few days.

I think we should stop.   You obviously want more and I cannot give you what you want or need.   I just thought it was nice to chat and pass the time.   

Oh well.   I hope you find your special person and it is a pity we cannot be friends.

Offline Marty.

• Gingerbeer Diva
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #69935 on: Nov 08, 2017, 03:15:00 AM »

I think we should stop.   You obviously want more and I cannot give you what you want or need.   I just thought it was nice to chat and pass the time.   

Oh well.   I hope you find your special person and it is a pity we cannot be friends.

Yeah. Some people are just not worth your time and effort C&M.

Best let those energy drainers go.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #69936 on: Nov 08, 2017, 06:40:12 AM »

Yeah. Some people are just not worth your time and effort C&M.

Best let those energy drainers go.

I think you misunderstand.   If i was looking for a relationship then i would continue but since i am not then its best to call it a day.

Offline Marty.

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #69937 on: Nov 08, 2017, 11:24:03 AM »
Erm. Where did I say you were looking for a relationship?

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • But I don't smoke
« Reply #69938 on: Nov 08, 2017, 11:45:04 AM »
Marty ive emailed u instead of replying here
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2017, 12:12:33 PM by cigarettes and matches »

Offline Marty.

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #69939 on: Nov 08, 2017, 01:14:07 PM »
Ok.  :)

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #69940 on: Nov 11, 2017, 01:14:10 PM »
Dear *,
It was good to see you on Thursday. I just wish things were better. You seemed exhausted. I wish you had taken the extra day off work like you wanted. With the weekend it would've worked out at six days in a row. Still, at least you got your birthday off. I don't like to see you that tired.