Author Topic: Information Advice Support FAQs Resources  (Read 19182 times)

Offline ~AL~

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • moments of pleasure.....my photos
Re: NEW LGBT Mental Health Advocacy Service @ PACE
« Reply #45 on: Jul 29, 2009, 04:36:50 PM »
thanks Lilly  :)

:-*
"To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important." Teal'c

Graciebaby

« Reply #46 on: Aug 12, 2009, 11:40:49 PM »
Is this sticky? I think it ought to be if it isn't

Offline ~AL~

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • moments of pleasure.....my photos
« Reply #47 on: Aug 12, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »
ask a mod  :)
"To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important." Teal'c

outoforder

« Reply #48 on: Aug 13, 2009, 10:41:38 AM »
sounds absolutely fabulous and much needed! Wish I'd known about this when i went pinky ponky and had to give up my life in london (was told i had to really)

Offline PrincessaChristina

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #49 on: Sep 09, 2009, 01:14:01 PM »
Just want to say, that I have been using this service for only around a week.  They have done more in that week for me than another service has done in nearly six months.  The advocacy rocks.

Woo-Hoo!!! Glad to hear good things about it!!
I want to intoxicate you with my passion.

Offline lampy

• Gingerbeer Newbie
Lesbian and Gay friendly therapy
« Reply #50 on: Feb 20, 2010, 04:14:34 PM »
I know some people are looking for gay/gay friendly therapists - I work for a network in North East London which will help people find a therapist privately or through the NHS/non-profit sector too. Some of their therapists are lesbian/gay or have considerable experience with lesbian/gay clients. This is cut and pasted from an email we sent out recently:

The London Counsellors Network has a number of vacancies for new clients - we offer counselling and psychotherapy throughout the London area - professional, experienced and highly trained therapists, working in a confidential, ethical and respectful way. Many of our therapists work within the NHS, public sector and also privately. Gay and lesbian clients welcome. Fees on sliding scale according to circumstances.

0208 520 1714
londoncounselling@yahoo.co.uk

Our therapists are trained as psychodynamic therapists, which means working with the barriers that many people face, the patterns that we have unconsciously - with often difficult and painful issues. The therapy provides a supportive setting to gradually enable the client to explore their feelings, motivations and develop different ways of managing and relating.

Areas of experience include:

Relationships, sexual issues, sexuality, gender
Work and careers
Eating problems and eating disorders
Depression, low mood, low self esteem
Bereavement, loss, trauma
Anxiety, panic, feeling of being out of control

You can call or email for more information and to find out whether we can be of help.

0208 520 1714
londoncounselling@yahoo.co.uk

Hackney, City, Kensington,
Walthamstow, Leyton, Tottenham, Stoke Newington, Wimbledon, Lewisham, South East London and surrounding areas