Author Topic: Information Advice Support FAQs Resources  (Read 21211 times)

autum

Re: Information Advice Support FAQs Resources
« Reply #15 on: Jan 07, 2007, 02:04:05 AM »
Hi check out the metro centre site or give them a call the have youth groups and Im sure they cater for young teens. Dont worry so much about the confidentiality most people understand when you mention it right away and the will probably ask you if its ok to phone or write to you. Good luck with your search.

hackneylady

PC help - who do I call, where do I go?
« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 2007, 11:00:12 PM »

Can anyone recommend a good computer repair place in central, east, north London? Or one of those marvellous PC doctors who come to your house and sort it out?

My PC has died. Showing very angry messages, along the lines of a computeresque  'you don't understand me, I wish I was never born, I'm going to my room'

I can't bring it back to the shop because it wasn't bought in this country.

Feeling veeeeeerrrrrrry odd without my computer, so any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

MurielBelcher

Re: PC help - who do I call, where do I go?
« Reply #17 on: Mar 05, 2007, 01:20:03 AM »
Urgh  what a 'mare.

See I 'm not a PC person -  No idea who is reliable but I suggest calling a number of services and getting diagnoses and quotes then go with the one who feels  OK.

I will ask my IT boys at work tomorrow though, they usually know PC stuff/people.
CEX  on Tott ct rd used to be repair minded.

Offline Susanna♀

• GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • Seasoned.
« Reply #18 on: Mar 05, 2007, 09:54:09 AM »
You have my deepest sympathies - though no actual practical help, as I am in SE London ::).
However, thank you for the laugh which this 'you don't understand me, I wish I was never born, I'm going to my room' produced. ;D

Offline Dante

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #19 on: Mar 05, 2007, 11:01:52 PM »
0800 Computer Services
7-5, Navarino Rd, London, E8 1AD
Tel: 0800 2985833   

or

http://www.kriss-com.co.uk/
Greenwood Road, London, E8 1NT
Tel: 0800 0434729   

Please don't just anyone tinker with your machine, go to a professional.

Goodluck honey.  :-*

D

MurielBelcher

« Reply #20 on: Mar 06, 2007, 12:01:43 PM »

Or alt..

"PC World chain should be able to help".

Queen

« Reply #21 on: Mar 06, 2007, 12:35:43 PM »
Computashop on Tottenham Court Rd. Their laptop guy is an absolute dream. (Or used to be when I was last there a couple years ago.)

Nearish TCR tube.  (020) 7255 3255

I wouldnt go near PC World personally for repairs, Which? magazine did a study recently & found that PC world were pants at repairs & tended to overcharge. Independent shops are much better in my experience.

Offline Sylvester the Puddy Tat

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Imaginary Cover Girl...
    • The Dar...
« Reply #22 on: Mar 06, 2007, 01:30:52 PM »
Computashop on Tottenham Court Rd. Their laptop guy is an absolute dream. (Or used to be when I was last there a couple years ago.)

Nearish TCR tube.  (020) 7255 3255

I wouldnt go near PC World personally for repairs, Which? magazine did a study recently & found that PC world were pants at repairs & tended to overcharge. Independent shops are much better in my experience.

Oooohhh - that's handy to know... :)

I need to get all the info off my old laptop somehow - can they do those sorts of things?

Also - I've lost the software for an editing package I had on there - is there anyway they can retrieve that??  :-\
Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Queen

« Reply #23 on: Mar 06, 2007, 01:52:51 PM »
I dont know, darling, give them a ring & ask.  ;)

It can be a bit chaotic there at times, but they do know their stuff. The laptop guy I mean is a slight Asian bloke with a beard & glasses who looks more like a scholar than a geek, but he is a geek of the first water.  :D

starlight

wanted gay/lesbain freindly divorce solicitor
« Reply #24 on: Apr 13, 2007, 08:43:11 AM »
I have taken the plunge in the coming out process and the next thing I need to do is to rid myself of 10 and a half useless stone calleda husband any one know of any soilitors who lesibain freindly,deal with matirmonail work and good, in south east london /dartford area?

BN

Re: wanted gay/lesbain freindly divorce solicitor
« Reply #25 on: Apr 13, 2007, 12:42:46 PM »
To my knowledge there are not to many 'known' gay/lesbian friendly divorce solicitors that direction. Gill Butler used to be based down there but moved to BurtonWoods in Central London www.burtonwoods.com and she is very good. Other than that you could try queerpod: www.queerpod.co.uk

ereednow

LGBT Counseling
« Reply #26 on: Oct 03, 2007, 03:47:37 PM »
Can anyone recommend a counseling service that is LGBT friendly.
I've found myself in need of one, but don't know where to begin to look.

Thanks.

Verde

Re: LGBT Counseling
« Reply #27 on: Oct 03, 2007, 03:51:58 PM »
Pink Practice are in London. Then there's PACE.

Queen

« Reply #28 on: Oct 03, 2007, 04:07:36 PM »
I found CAPP (click) very good. Theyre not an LGBT organisation as such, but the two therapists I had to do with are both lesbians, and they list " Impact of homophobia" as one of the things they can help with.

You do a kind of assessment interview with a therapist at first (not stressing or scary, they are really very friendly & professional & and as transparent as possible in my experience) & you can say you want them to be this or that (I wanted one who'd worked with sexual abuse survivors before), so I'm sure you can say you only want a LGBT person for example.  :)

ereednow

« Reply #29 on: Oct 03, 2007, 06:16:59 PM »
Thank you to you both for these links.  :-*