Author Topic: what's making you smile at the moment?  (Read 748059 times)

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: what's making you smile at the moment?
« Reply #26430 on: Jan 16, 2018, 11:21:00 AM »
^ Sounds great   :)

I’m hoping to visit Yosemite and Yellowstone.

Offline Smik-1

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #26431 on: Jan 19, 2018, 08:52:37 PM »
Being warm  ;D

Offline Smik-1

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #26432 on: Jan 21, 2018, 10:08:41 PM »
The fact that call the midwife has graced our Sunday evenings once more 😍😍

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #26433 on: Jan 22, 2018, 09:36:39 AM »
We are getting last year's series from tomorrow :D

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #26434 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:13:46 AM »
Curling :D
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline Artist

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • artist of life
« Reply #26435 on: Feb 11, 2018, 02:38:16 PM »
That I have my flight booked for summer  :)
“Expectations are resentments under construction.”
― Anne Lamott

Offline Oso

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #26436 on: Feb 14, 2018, 07:55:57 PM »
Cocktails on a school night. It’s a colleague’s leaving drink so it would be rude not to participate.

oldbutnew...

« Reply #26437 on: Feb 28, 2018, 12:09:54 AM »
Good flute lesson tonight

Good teacher.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #26438 on: Mar 01, 2018, 08:07:19 PM »
A friend's six-year-old twins are being really cute :)

oldbutnew...

« Reply #26439 on: Mar 02, 2018, 10:42:33 AM »
1.  Bad weather keeping me at home today

2.   Booked my flight to California for May

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #26440 on: Apr 13, 2018, 08:26:39 PM »
I’ve successfully done my bit to scr*w the patriarchy.   :)

I had to take on some repercussions and a few risks but considering the risks women have taken before me, I figured I owed them.

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #26441 on: Apr 13, 2018, 09:40:18 PM »
 :) applauds.

It’s fucking ridiculous. We live in a democracy and yet so many people are frightened of saying what we think.

What’s the point of having freedom of a speech if we can’t find the guts to use it?

My what’s making me smile is that I have this little ceremony I do every morning with the smallest pup that I developed as part of setting routines for her - so that the day wasn’t just an uninterrupted bout of spinning chaos, with her tearing around the house pissing and chewing everything interrupted only by walks and meals.

We have a stable type front door where the door opens in two horizontal halves so you can open the top and lean over the locked bottom it and it looks out onto fields. Every morning I lift her up and hold her over the bottom door and say “Morning, morning” and then “list all the occupants of our house including the pup and say “Morning” to them all and then say whatever we want from the day.

She gets so excited by this little ceremony that when I say “Shall we do “morning, Morning?” or even mention “Morning, morning” in her hearing when I am talking to someone else, she races to the door in anticipation with her little tail thumping.

But now the older pup and the cat do too and I have to lift all of them up in turn and go through the whole thing with each one.
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2018, 09:45:14 PM by Betty Croker's frosted buns »
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #26442 on: Apr 15, 2018, 12:29:40 PM »
Thanks Betty. I’m now going around feeling like the cat that got the cream. Perhaps I should get involved more often if the opportunity arises.

The women I’ve spoken to were frightened of violent/abusive repercussions or being sacked, just for expressing an opinion and trying to open up debate.

I like the sound of your ceremony. Ah to have a door that looks out onto fields...

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #26443 on: Apr 16, 2018, 01:03:28 AM »
The ceremony sounds fab, as does the door :)

I am grinning my face off as I just unpacked something from my parents' house that I never thought I would be allowed to have, being the fourth child. Amazingly, the others were happy for me to have it, and in fact, it turns out that we all want different stuff from the house! Which is lovely. My parents are downsizing, which means we get to say thank you while they're still alive, as well.

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #26444 on: Apr 17, 2018, 11:55:47 PM »
Thanks Betty. I’m now going around feeling like the cat that got the cream. Perhaps I should get involved more often if the opportunity arises.

The women I’ve spoken to were frightened of violent/abusive repercussions or being sacked, just for expressing an opinion and trying to open up debate.

I like the sound of your ceremony. Ah to have a door that looks out onto fields...

Thanks Trifle and LFL.

I know - so ridiculous that we should be put in this position of fear. In the 1980/90's for me, it was fear of losing my job for being gay - and that did happen once. Will it ever end? Will we ever think that our beliefs matter enough to be taken into consideration without a backhander for crossing the patriarchy.

I was thinking about as a teenager when a friend of my brothers that I never really got on with, saw me reading Simon De Beauvoir, "The Second Sex" and the only time he had come across Simon De Beauvoir was in the Lloyd Cole song "Rattlesnakes" but he tried to pretend he was all over it and knew all about it. And when I tried to explain some of it to him, he said, "It doesn't matter what you think or what you say. Or what she thinks or she said. Because at the end of the day, me or any man can just smack you in the mouth and there's nothing you can do about it." And that was a young leftie, male with anarcho-punk pretensions. (He was probably wrong about the smack in the mouth as it happens. He had an exagerated sense of his own physical prowess and a lot of complacency about the likelihood of me fighting back. But you never want to go there.)

Now with even more nefarious ways of trying to silence women being invoked every day, its even more open season on feminists than it ever was - and I guess we shouldn't be surprised. The next generation of young men ain't going to surrender their power in the name of equality any more than any other generation did.
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2018, 11:59:39 PM by Betty Croker's frosted buns »
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......