Author Topic: Message Board FAQ  (Read 53178 times)

Offline firestarter, keeper of the trivet

• Gingerbeer Diva
Re: Message Board FAQ
« Reply #30 on: Apr 10, 2006, 11:21:07 AM »
All my IMs have disappeared- where are they?
I saved some writing on there for some reason... ::)
What can I do to retreive them?
I'm not sure if I'm, getting new IMs either...
I'll do anything for a lollipop...

Polone

« Reply #31 on: Apr 10, 2006, 11:29:55 AM »
The boards were moved last Friday and there were notices displayed to back up IMs as they may be wiped in the move. However your IM notice may say you have 0 messages but you may find you have them still... this has happened for some people so take a look.
If you aren't getting IMs at all then please put a notice in DCG sticky http://boards.gingerbeer.co.uk/index.php?topic=48022.0 and the techy people will take a look.
Meantime I will send you an IM to test.

Nessie

Re:Message Board FAQ
« Reply #32 on: Apr 12, 2006, 10:46:11 PM »

As Mummy says, I put together a FAQ ages ago, much of it still up to date, and still mentioned on the main page leading to the boards - but there no longer seems to be a clickable link to it.

Are those pages gone, then? Shame - there was a lot there, combined from all sorts of sources, covering pretty much the same topics as listed above. If they could be rescued from wherever old webpages go to die, it might be easier to edit them than start from scratch.

Yeah, where is that FAQ? There's all this tantalising blurb about the FAQ on that page and then nada. Stop teasing us Mummy!
I sent them to Nessie last week.

Yep, I'm on it. Been exceptionally occupied with, oh, all sorts of fun things. Not to say that rewriting the FAQs isn't fun, of course..

Gimme a week or two! ;D

Polone

« Reply #33 on: Apr 13, 2006, 03:10:46 PM »
Good for you Nessie. If you like, IM me with the results and I'll then tidy up this thread and then post them.

Offline sleepingdragon

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I will be good. I will be good. I will...
« Reply #34 on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:33:15 AM »
Help! HELP! I've been trying to post the same reply to a post ALL DAY, on & off, and each time I've lost it - in every sense - by going back into the thread to check what was being said by someone else, but then haven't been able to retrieve my own post, & so have had to start again, & so on, ALL DAY, & have now rather LOST HEART in the whole thing... I'm a newbie & WANT TO PLAY... SO HOW CAN I SAVE MY POST-IN-THE-WRITING? EH?

ALSO... how do I quote more than one post within my post? Eez possible? EH?

Oh god, it's so tiring repeating yourself... sorry for the caps... & I'm paranoid that all of my disappeared draft posts will in fact have appeared on some GB professional's computer, just waiting for happy-idiot-let's-look-at-the-outtakes-&-eat-doughnuts hour...or whatever... eek... :-[
"If you're gonna tell the truth, make it funny, or they'll kill ya" - Billy Wilder

Offline Gapster

• gingerbeer fossil
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #35 on: Apr 17, 2006, 05:34:28 AM »
lemme break it down.

point one : losing post.

if you are trying to post a reply if you click back or onto another webpage.. you lose that text.. simple as that. If you want to view the previous post either open a new window (ctrl+n) or scroll down and it will show you the last page.

Point two : Multiple Quoting

If you scroll down when replying you can insert quotes from the last page or alternativly (ctrl+n) to open a new page find what you wish to quote and then insert it using the quote button located above the kissing smilely, its the one that looks like a speech bubble.

Hope that helps... if you have any trouble feel free to im me, that goes out to anyone else as well.

Gap
I'm not here for your entertainment
You don't really want to mess with me tonight
Just stop and take a second
I was fine before you walked into my life

Offline sleepingdragon

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I will be good. I will be good. I will...
« Reply #36 on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:52:25 PM »
Thanks! Sorry for the hysteria  ::)
"If you're gonna tell the truth, make it funny, or they'll kill ya" - Billy Wilder

Offline Gapster

• gingerbeer fossil
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #37 on: Apr 18, 2006, 03:35:26 AM »
no problemo  8)
I'm not here for your entertainment
You don't really want to mess with me tonight
Just stop and take a second
I was fine before you walked into my life

Polone

« Reply #38 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:54:49 PM »
oh!

*tiptoes in & whispers*

Nothing to do with the thread, but could I just enquire how you manage to quote from several different posts in the same post like that? Keep wanting to do that but can't find relevant instructions in the FAQs...

Thanks...!

*tiptoes out again (trickier than you might think, what with heels, knives & swishing tail)*

It is now ;)

Polone

« Reply #39 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:55:25 PM »
Hahah, well, when you press your fin on reply, it opens the Message box, scroll down the page and you will see previous posts, at the right hand side, under 'Posted today at ****' it says 'Insert Quote'. Chose which ever quote & 'Hey Presto'.

tallbird27

« Reply #40 on: Apr 25, 2006, 03:13:17 PM »
Can someone tell me what this is: "insert FTP link"  ??? ???

also when i have a very long link how can i make it short and just say what the link is link this link to my site  instead of:
www.blahblahblah/blahblahblah/blahblah234702863.com  hyperthetically speaking of course  ;D

Y2KBABE

« Reply #41 on: Apr 25, 2006, 05:34:48 PM »

Where can I post the question regarding loss of Avatar on changing of sig ?

Polone

« Reply #42 on: Apr 25, 2006, 05:39:15 PM »
here :)
The idea being someone will answer it if I, Mummy or the other Mods can't.

Y2KBABE

« Reply #43 on: Apr 25, 2006, 05:39:42 PM »
Consider it posted then  ;D

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #44 on: Apr 25, 2006, 08:03:16 PM »
or just generally a loss of signature tho I've not changed anything and it is still there in my profile ....
Begin doing what you want to do now.

We are not living in eternity.

We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.