Author Topic: Wedding Day  (Read 102446 times)

Offline zeal

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: Wedding Day
« Reply #780 on: Jul 01, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
Not long now, sparky :) All that stress will melt away on the day.

Two months left for us. Still much to do but we're on top of most things - I'm fortunate to have a super organised fiance.

Some of you suggested ideas for our NZ celebration, which were great. We've decided to have a small ceremony and a cake to make it more special. We've found a wonderful celebrant who has lots of ideas for us.

We have a friend doing our flowers and are meeting up with her tonight - one more thing ticked off the list.
Shoes, I still need to get shoes! How could I forget.

Offline zeal

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #781 on: Oct 11, 2013, 10:03:14 AM »
Our wedding day was last month. It was the most beautiful and perfect day - I just wish the day didn't go by so fast. I thought I wouldn't like being the centre of attention all that much but as it turns out quite the opposite is true!

We had a photo booth and here are a couple of shots. The bridesmaids are my sisters.

(I'm looking very serious in both of these. I do smile sometimes :) )

We're heading to NZ in a few weeks to re-create the wedding there. Excited that I get to wear my dress twice  ;D

Offline PearlD1va

• PearlyD1vas' Coming To Town
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Likes all things vintage.
« Reply #782 on: Oct 12, 2013, 09:07:29 AM »
Our wedding day was last month. It was the most beautiful and perfect day - I just wish the day didn't go by so fast. I thought I wouldn't like being the centre of attention all that much but as it turns out quite the opposite is true!

We had a photo booth and here are a couple of shots. The bridesmaids are my sisters.

(I'm looking very serious in both of these. I do smile sometimes :) )

We're heading to NZ in a few weeks to re-create the wedding there. Excited that I get to wear my dress twice  ;D

Congratulations, looks like you had a fab day  :)
Breathe through your ears!

Offline sparky

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #783 on: Oct 12, 2013, 07:47:19 PM »
Great photos.

Our civil union day was amazing.  We were in lower South Island of NZ and it was the most beautiful clear day and really warm for August.  We had so many lovely comments from friends and families so glad there were no complaints. 

We then were able to get married on August 19th first day that the marriage equality act came in. MIT was such a special day, total opposite of huge celebration of civil union.  We were first same sex couple to marry where we celebrated and it was a great day in history.

Today we sent the last of our thank you cards and now we are on to family planning.  Still loving my wife more each day.

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #784 on: Nov 29, 2013, 08:28:06 AM »
Lovely to see your story unfolding, Sparky.
Great photos.

Congratulations to you both
xxxxx
Begin doing what you want to do now.

We are not living in eternity.

We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.

Offline NumberSix

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #785 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:19:20 AM »
Hi,

We are in the UK and are planning to get married at Disney World Florida in 2015. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of getting married abroad as I'm finding it hard to find any reliable info. I 'think' (but not 100% sure!) that we won't be able to be officially married in Florida and will have to have another ceremony here in the UK afterwards to make it legal, which is fine, but then I'm wondering if there's anything at all legally we have to do to have the ceremony in Florida if it's just a commitment ceremony rather than an actual legal wedding. If anyone else has organised something similar I'd love to hear from you!

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #786 on: Mar 29, 2014, 08:43:14 PM »
NumberSix, if you're having a ceremony with no legal content the world's your oyster.  We got married in two different places (but only a short bus ride apart)  and we did the ring exchange at the non-legal one, to kind of underline that that was an important event even though it wasn't the sign-on-the-dotted-line bit.

Suze, thanks to the change in the UK law today I've remembered to wish you and B a Happy Anniversary BEFORE the event this year!  I hope things are going ok with your health and that you have something lovely planned.

I am so pleased for you both that you're getting so much of a happy ever after together  :-*

And thanks again for this thread! :D

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #787 on: Apr 03, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »

Suze, thanks to the change in the UK law today I've remembered to wish you and B a Happy Anniversary BEFORE the event this year!  I hope things are going ok with your health and that you have something lovely planned.

I am so pleased for you both that you're getting so much of a happy ever after together  :-*

And thanks again for this thread! :D

Well  the thread has run and run, and yes it is our 8th Anniversary this year .. much longer together than we thought we would be getting after my illness started .. so it is good, and we are still very happy, thank-you!

Illness certainly tests any relationship, and I am extraordinarily lucky in B's amazing tenacity and support .... 

Here's a little topical chuckle we just shared ... imagine us side by side on the sofa infront of the TV
We have just watched the gay wedding musical thing.

Me: Well.... that was lovely
B:    Can we get married again?
Long pause
Me: We can if you want, do you really want?
B:    Yes
Longer pause
B:   It's a lot of hassle though.... Falling out with all the  family cos they can't come again!
Me: LOL

:D

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2014, 09:02:16 PM by Suze »

We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #788 on: Apr 03, 2014, 09:22:07 PM »
Just for the memories if it ....

Offline Jules™

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Llama luxe!
« Reply #789 on: Apr 03, 2014, 09:24:24 PM »
Lovely picture, Suze.

I went to the Equal Marriage event at RFH on Saturday  - it was so uplifting.

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #790 on: Apr 04, 2014, 01:19:29 AM »
that is a gorgeous photo Suze  8)

and what a great conversation on the sofa!!!

Offline Mr

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #791 on: Jun 19, 2014, 07:33:39 PM »
I thought I was gonna leave all the decisions and planning to the Mrs but to my surprise I'm getting really into it  :D

Offline Jules™

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Llama luxe!
« Reply #792 on: Jun 21, 2014, 09:23:39 AM »
Of course you are, Mr!  It is a really exciting time.

Feel free to post any details/piccies on GB for us wedding buffs.  :)