Author Topic: Wedding Day  (Read 99063 times)

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re:Wedding Day
« Reply #30 on: Feb 13, 2006, 06:32:37 PM »
congratulations on giving your notice,

and

thanks for the encouragement to keep posting -

not that I seem to need much!

what to wear??

- what are other civil-partners-to-be   wearing??

- I'm not sure if I posted my details on this - but I'm 47 and fat - so high glamour and wedding frocks seemed a bit "not quite right"  ---

I've opted for a silk velvet trouser suit in auberginey/damson colour and I'm having a lovely grey and silver bodice made to wear under it  :)  we've both bought shoes with lots of sequins on them  - and I got some good costume jewellry this weekend - so I will be quite glam, but not too bridal

what sort of thing are you thinking of, BP?

Begin doing what you want to do now.

We are not living in eternity.

We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #31 on: Feb 13, 2006, 06:36:48 PM »
i don't think you can hijack your own thread can you!!

anyway, i'm enjoying reading your stuff so keep on posting

haha janie - you're such a sweetie - and I'm so glad things are going well for you
xx

We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.

Offline Candygirl

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Joined in 2001
« Reply #32 on: Feb 17, 2006, 09:56:11 PM »
We gave our notice yesterday - it's very exciting that it's all so official!  I've chosen my dress, and I'm off to Bluewater tomorrow to buy shoes, accessories etc.

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #33 on: Feb 18, 2006, 12:16:59 PM »

great -

what sort of dress are you going to wear, Candy girl?

glossy

« Reply #34 on: Feb 19, 2006, 02:44:40 PM »
it's SO lovely to read about all your plans (especially suze!)

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #35 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:49:17 PM »
oh thanks glo

we wrote our vows yesterday, which was actually  a very emotional thing to do -- but I'm not posting them on here atm .. I might do later ---  :)

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #36 on: Mar 02, 2006, 08:34:08 AM »
I was supposed to go and get my bodice today, for the final fitting - but there is so much snow on the ground here today that I am going to postpone it....

Offline Ruth

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Gaydar profile
« Reply #37 on: Mar 03, 2006, 01:28:35 PM »
We're probably going to wear trousers in the same colour, and then tops. Mine will prolly be more girly than the gfs (I've seen some lovely ones in Monsoon). I don't want a big meringue dress, it definitely wouldn't be me, but I do sometimes feel a bit upset that I'm not going to get to wear one and be the princess-for-the-day that goes with the dress. Anyone else get this?

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #38 on: Mar 03, 2006, 06:04:45 PM »
I don't want a big meringue dress, it definitely wouldn't be me, but I do sometimes feel a bit upset that I'm not going to get to wear one and be the princess-for-the-day that goes with the dress. Anyone else get this?

I know what you mean - but you don't want to be too false to yourself I guess?  I think really girly-girls quite enjoy that, where as it would make me feel a prat, esp at my age and after being married in white b4 ...

In any case

I am sure we'll be the princesses and center of attention on our BIG DAYS  whatever we wear ... to be honest.
but just make sure that you  add some glamour to your outfit...   We're doing a lot of sequins on our shoes and bigger-than-we-usually-wear jewellery!   if that is too bling for you then flowers somewhere on the outfit or in your hair will make you feel different ...
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2006, 08:14:39 AM by suze »

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #39 on: Mar 09, 2006, 08:13:29 AM »
what has happened this week?

we've had the quote for the evening-do and it seems very fair ... i.e. less than we thought it would be

B. has spent MORE than me on Estee Lauder make-up ... to end up looking natural!  ;D

I have started my period exactly a month b4 the big day and this upset me mightily cos I get very tired, a lot of pain and feel (or am) very nauseous  with them ..  

so I hopped up to the doc and he has given me some tablets to stop my next period for a a couple of weeks -- he is now my favourite fellow in the world

xx

powwwwwer

« Reply #40 on: Mar 09, 2006, 10:35:29 PM »
We're probably going to wear trousers in the same colour, and then tops. Mine will prolly be more girly than the gfs (I've seen some lovely ones in Monsoon). I don't want a big meringue dress, it definitely wouldn't be me, but I do sometimes feel a bit upset that I'm not going to get to wear one and be the princess-for-the-day that goes with the dress. Anyone else get this?

ish...not a meringue but a slinky long ivory number.  It wouldn't suit me, I wouldn't be able to hide my acne and armpit hair well enough to not feel I didn't look right, and I don't want us to look like a bride and groom.  But I keep looking at them as I walk past them in Debenhams etc.  Mad,isn't it?  We have already bought our suits and they are perfect. What am I like?!

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #41 on: Mar 11, 2006, 10:47:51 AM »

ish...not a meringue but a slinky long ivory number.  It wouldn't suit me, I wouldn't be able to hide my acne and armpit hair well enough to not feel I didn't look right, and I don't want us to look like a bride and groom.  But I keep looking at them as I walk past them in Debenhams etc.  Mad,isn't it?  We have already bought our suits and they are perfect. What am I like?!

go and try one on!  you can always wear the suit later!

powwwwwer

« Reply #42 on: Mar 11, 2006, 04:51:22 PM »
I think I do want to try one on, but I have a feeling that that might be all I need to do... been mulling it over for a while (well, I mean it pops into my head occasionally, I don't have time to mull over an awful lot these days ;D) and did discuss it with my partner.  Think we need to atlk about it again, and to make some kidfree time to go "shopping" (ie trying on) together to make a sensible decision either way - maybe even take the suits with us and see what we look like together with both options....

Offline millicent

• 'masochistic fembot'
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
  • terms and conditions apply
    • Be breast aware.
« Reply #43 on: Mar 11, 2006, 05:16:43 PM »
I really wanted to wear white.

The closest I ever got was my communion when I was nine.  ::)
All that glitters is pyrite.

Offline Suze

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #44 on: Mar 12, 2006, 10:07:59 AM »
I think I do want to try one on, but I have a feeling that that might be all I need to do... been mulling it over for a while (well, I mean it pops into my head occasionally, I don't have time to mull over an awful lot these days ;D) and did discuss it with my partner.  Think we need to atlk about it again, and to make some kidfree time to go "shopping" (ie trying on) together to make a sensible decision either way - maybe even take the suits with us and see what we look like together with both options....

great idea -- make sure you take good underwear with you as well, to make sure it looks its best on you

there is a lovely picture of  a tight ivory silk dress in one of the magazines I've got  ---- and it looks so stunning,  not a it meringuey -- if I was slim enough I'd go for it !
(you can shave your pits and put concealer on your acne!)