Author Topic: Have you ever ... ?  (Read 226587 times)

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Have you ever ... ?
« Reply #12075 on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:09:54 PM »
OMG, that sounds horrendous. Did you have to wee in bottles?  :o

The only thing similar-ish that happened to me is years ago, I think I was 17, my car broke down on the moors and there was no mobile signal, so I had to run to try and get help, ran to this random farmhouse that was a couple of miles away and knocked on the door and thankfully this nice woman answered and let me use her phone. The car was fucked - had to get it towed away.

Have you ever got a full refund on a meal out anywhere and if so why?

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #12076 on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:55:42 PM »
 Yes, a couple of times. The most recent was when we came back from Salusbury the day after my girlfriendís dad died. First off we got stuck on the A34 because there was an accident and what shouldíve been a 90 minute journey took 5 1/2 hours. I had to put the boy in after-school club because we couldnít get back in time, and when we finally made it we were shattered. I had a bright idea that we go to the village pub for a meal because we were both starving. The food took ages to arrive, then when it did my sausages were burnt, our mashed potato was so raw it was crunchy, and the girlfriendís steak pie didnít have any gravy inside, just a weird stalk thingy. When I complained to the woman behind the bar, who I think is the landlady, she fetched the chef who  stood there like a moody kid while I told him why we werenít satisfied, then he told us it was bullshit and stomped off. I threatened the woman with bad reviews if she didnít refund us,  so she went to the till, fetched us our money, and slammed it into my girlfriendĎs hand. I gave them bad reviews anyway. It was the last thing we needed after a week spent doing vigils at my girlfriendĎs dadís deathbed.   Needless to say we shanít be going there again.
 Have you ever felt so crap that youíve just ordered a takeaway for tea instead of cooking?       

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #12077 on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:57:57 PM »
I've only ordered a takeaway once  :o

Have you ever tried to take something for a refund in a shop and been refused?

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #12078 on: Feb 28, 2018, 08:09:16 PM »
 Donít think so. If I think itís a bit dodgy I wonít push it, but if I know Iím in the right then Iíll kick up a stink until I get my own way. Iím good at that.
 Have you ever had noisy neighbours so you out blasted and out based their loud music?
 I donít know how loud their speakers are but Iím pretty sure mine are bigger, louder and basier.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #12079 on: Mar 01, 2018, 08:14:15 PM »
No, but I do know someone who took their Xmas jumper back to Marks and Spencer's and was refused a refund because it was from several Christmasses ago! :D

Have you ever been to stay with someone you haven't actually seen in ten years?

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #12080 on: Mar 01, 2018, 09:17:17 PM »
 Yes, it was an old friend from six form. My boy was four and herís three. Itís almost unheard of for me to take a dislike to a child, but that kid was a right spoilt little shit. He threw a massive paddy in the shop because he wanted his mum to buy him something, She spent 10 minutes remonstrating with him before giving in. It was embarrassing. We kept in touch occasionally via Facebook after that but she defriended me when I came out for some reason.
 Has somebody that you were out with ever really embarrassed you in public?   

Offline Oso

• Gingerbeer Virgin
« Reply #12081 on: Mar 04, 2018, 11:08:54 PM »
Yes unfortunately. A fair few times actually. Not in recent years however since I grew up & started making more informed choices about many aspects of my life.

Have you ever dropped your keys down a grate?

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #12082 on: Mar 05, 2018, 10:09:31 AM »
Thankfully not. My girlfriend accidentally dropped her debit card between the slats of decking at the outside bar of a local pub once. The manager was most unhelpful. He just stood there looking dumb like what do you expect me to do about it?  Instead of just letting us have the drinks, he made ne pay for them instead.
 Have you ever got on the wrong bus?

Offline Zigzag

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #12083 on: Mar 05, 2018, 06:58:07 PM »
Yes...

The right bus home, but it was going the wrong way! Didn't realise until it turned off & the next stop was a good ten min walk back.  I knew the next bus would be a half hour wait as would have missed the one going in the right direction & it was raining so stayed on bus. It added an extra forty mins, but was worth it to stay warm!

Have you ever let someone keep something of yours & regretted it afterwards?