Author Topic: Random Disclosures  (Read 3411984 times)

Offline Amphelise

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Christine, Wondering
Re: Random Disclosures
« Reply #142170 on: Dec 27, 2016, 08:49:12 PM »
Unless I feel very close to a person or a person has had a significant impact on my life, then death does not affect me.

She had a significant effect on my life.
"Well, at least I'm not a time-traveling, shape-shifting robot operated by miniaturized cross people. Which I've got to admit, I didn't see coming." ~ The Doctor

oldbutnew...

« Reply #142171 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:44:42 PM »
ok

oldbutnew...

« Reply #142172 on: Dec 28, 2016, 02:51:55 AM »
Just read that Carrie Fisher had a drug relapse a month before she died and that she as also addicted to alcohol and also had bi polar and was on prescription medication for anxiety.    I hope to goodness her daughter does not end up like that because it can be in the genes.

oldbutnew...

« Reply #142173 on: Dec 28, 2016, 01:37:13 PM »
Thank goodness Christmas is over.

Back to normality now

How's your cold missus, are you feeling better?

I have now been diagnosed by the doctor as having labrinthytis  :(  I am on antibiotics and some tablets to stop me feeling 'drunk' and I have to get some blood tests which means fasting overnight.  I said just had one bad dizzy spell and she said I could quite easily get another one so that is why she prescribed anti dizzy tablets.  What a fooking end to 2016.  The last time I had serious ear problems and dizziness was 30 years ago.  History has a way of repeating itself  ::)    However this time it's cattarh in both ears
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2016, 01:39:26 PM by cigarettes and matches »

Offline pure evil

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Joyful Misandrist
« Reply #142174 on: Dec 28, 2016, 05:15:57 PM »
4pm appointment is late, I'm quietly hoping they have forgotten.

oldbutnew...

« Reply #142175 on: Dec 29, 2016, 06:52:07 AM »
Actress Debbie Reynolds has now died from a stroke.    I can't but wonder if her stroke was in any way related to the death of her daughter Carrie Fisher

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #142176 on: Dec 29, 2016, 01:04:22 PM »
^ It may well have been the stress.

Offline plaiting fog

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142177 on: Dec 30, 2016, 12:05:22 AM »
Have just posted what I felt to be a fairly superficial post in the games section, only to now realise that it came from a very deep place. Would like to explore it more deeply here but don't know where I should post it to invite that, and have also had a full bottle of Shiraz already (off work) so probably wouldn't be a good idea just now anyway...
Rather struck by the enormity of it all, but could just be the wine talking...

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #142178 on: Dec 31, 2016, 04:57:13 PM »
....still thinking?^

Offline plaiting fog

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142179 on: Dec 31, 2016, 05:31:30 PM »
....still thinking?^

Hi Grey

It was connected to my "This or That" post in the Fun bit. And, oh you know... didn't feel it as deeply in the cold light of day but.... Guess it was an age/rite of passage/mortality thing (what isn't?).

I was thinking about how I've always preferred to be the younger partner in a relationship, with a range of age differences; from a couple up to ten. The chemistry manifests itself for me in a particular way from that position, despite variety in specifics and form. Now I'm single but older, I wonder for how many more years I can find someone with whom I can still be the younger one, however slight. You know, without having to ring ahead to alert the nursing home before planning a date .

The alternative is to switch to the other pole; be the older other (and all that this can entail). The thing is, I have always attracted younger lesbians; I look feminine but have masculine gestures/characteristics and interests. I see them looking to me (interpreting me) to be the kind of other I'm also looking for. I've tried to have relationships with younger women but those relationships haven't worked for me because some core aspect of myself doesn't get sparked. I found myself wondering how much longer I realistically have left to find what I've always liked.

I'm aware this might all sound very black and white and I know there are many other shades. I think that can be the trouble with trying to articulate quite complex and personal  things sometimes. I suppose I was thinking about the types of relationships where I have felt most met; most deeply me.

So it went something like that. Bloody Fun and  Games section....

Betty Boothroyds tears

« Reply #142180 on: Dec 31, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »
On the last day of this Annus horribilis I have managed to almost cut my own ear lobe off, forgotten to eat anything at all until 7pm and given myself a stinking headache as a result and spent 87 on a pillow. Not a fancy antique throw cushion or anything like that. It's a Tempur Cloud bought on interest free credit but it's still just a fucking pillow. I'm trying to encourage myself to have early nights but I'll probably end up worrying about the debt it got me in to.

oldbutnew...

« Reply #142181 on: Jan 01, 2017, 12:46:50 PM »
I want to go back to sleep but there is a decorator panting my hallway so I can't

Offline Grey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • old school old butch
« Reply #142182 on: Jan 01, 2017, 04:10:04 PM »
....still thinking?^

Hi Grey

It was connected to my "This or That" post in the Fun bit. And, oh you know... didn't feel it as deeply in the cold light of day but.... Guess it was an age/rite of passage/mortality thing (what isn't?).

I was thinking about how I've always preferred to be the younger partner in a relationship, with a range of age differences; from a couple up to ten. The chemistry manifests itself for me in a particular way from that position, despite variety in specifics and form. Now I'm single but older, I wonder for how many more years I can find someone with whom I can still be the younger one, however slight. You know, without having to ring ahead to alert the nursing home before planning a date .

The alternative is to switch to the other pole; be the older other (and all that this can entail). The thing is, I have always attracted younger lesbians; I look feminine but have masculine gestures/characteristics and interests. I see them looking to me (interpreting me) to be the kind of other I'm also looking for. I've tried to have relationships with younger women but those relationships haven't worked for me because some core aspect of myself doesn't get sparked. I found myself wondering how much longer I realistically have left to find what I've always liked.

I'm aware this might all sound very black and white and I know there are many other shades. I think that can be the trouble with trying to articulate quite complex and personal  things sometimes. I suppose I was thinking about the types of relationships where I have felt most met; most deeply me.

So it went something like that. Bloody Fun and  Games section....

I've always enjoyed those dynamics!
Taps into every aspect and nuance you can't express in another kind of coupling
While some of my best relationships have had that age difference I've also found the age range doesn't always matter for me within a solid Femme/Butch relationship with a strong Femme presence/energy

and don't overlook what goes on in the Old Dyke's Home   ;)

Offline plaiting fog

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142183 on: Jan 01, 2017, 04:37:03 PM »

The thing with me is that I feel both butch AND femme, for want of a better way to put it. Not androgynous; but both. In appearance/dress, I've been told I'm feminine from the neck up and masculine from the neck down. In personality/character I'm pretty much masculine. There is another side to me but I only share this more privately. Or rather, it is only evoked within a certain dynamic; one that I need. I think this can be confusing for people, and why younger women want me to be their butch. I get it; that's how I present in the world. But it's not how I'd want to be in the depths of an intimate relationship. So I can end up a little stuck in terms of signals etc. (Lots of shorthand here, but hope it makes some sense...)

An Old Dykes home sounds like a great idea, when the time comes and if I live that long...

Offline purelybyaccident

• Gingerbeer w*nker
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • There's still some good mileage left.
« Reply #142184 on: Jan 01, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »
And as if by magic, gingerbeer site ads showing up on my tab are all about dating sites for the 50'+. Hetero I may add. Spit.