Author Topic: Random Disclosures  (Read 3297007 times)

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Random Disclosures
« Reply #142905 on: Mar 17, 2018, 09:04:45 PM »
 Oh my God I’ll have to tell my girlfriend about the mouthwash thing, she’ll love that.  Have you got a recipe? 

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #142906 on: Mar 17, 2018, 10:38:21 PM »
I boil the kettle. Pour about half an empty container of mouthwash’s worth of boiling water into a jug, cover and let it cool, fill the rest of the container with one lumped teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda, about half a cup of Aloe Vera juice, a teaspoon of Witch Hazel, about 7 or 8 drops of peppermint essential oil and about 4 or 5 drops of tea tree essential oil. Add the cooled water and shake. Some say use distilled water - the type you can drink  (never just deionised) but I don’t bother with that level of faff.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2018, 10:41:42 PM by Betty Croker's frosted buns »

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142907 on: Mar 18, 2018, 11:15:29 AM »
 Fabulous, that might very well get tried I reckon. Thank you  :)

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142908 on: Mar 29, 2018, 12:36:09 PM »
I might give the DIY mouthwash a try too.

My random disclosure is that sometimes I enter shops and come out with items I had no intention at all of buying. I have recently entered Covent Garden tea shop with the aim of buying a present and subsequently, for reasons not entirely clear, bought myself a £12 loose leaf bag of green tea that claims the leaves were plucked from the slopes of Mount Fuji in spring. It better be good.

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #142909 on: Mar 29, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »
I might give the DIY mouthwash a try too.

My random disclosure is that sometimes I enter shops and come out with items I had no intention at all of buying. I have recently entered Covent Garden tea shop with the aim of buying a present and subsequently, for reasons not entirely clear, bought myself a £12 loose leaf bag of green tea that claims the leaves were plucked from the slopes of Mount Fuji in spring. It better be good.

It better be!

The mouthwash project is still going despite the initial rolly eyes of my nearest and dearest when I started it. All they saw was loads of tat come into the house which I would no doubt play with for a while and then get bored of. But everyone is still using it in preference to shop-bought after a couple of months now. It does have a more pleasant after effect which makes your breath feel fresher for longer after you've used it. I'm just sick of being trapped as a repeat consumer with all that wasted plastic.

My random disclosure is that my builder, who seems an ever present, unwelcome feature in my life, is a major league Billy-Bullshitter. He's always having to nip off to change a part that doesn't fit and forgetting to come back for 3 days while some essential feature of my bathroom is left in bits. Or discovering his adhesive has gone hard and he needs to pop to Wickes. Never to be seen for hours because he's actually fitting someone else's kitchen cupboards in Melton Mowbray. Still he's cheap and he does a good job when he eventually gets round to finishing it.
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2018, 01:45:18 PM by Betty Croker's frosted buns »

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142910 on: Mar 29, 2018, 07:05:42 PM »
^ The tea was very good. Although I would say that wouldn’t I, considering I have forked out £12 for a few leaves that may have been plucked from the side of Mount Fuji, or may have been plucked from the side of the M4.

I have been using an Aloe Dent mouthwash with ingredients similar to your DIY one so I am curious to try yours.

Offline Earl

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142911 on: Apr 09, 2018, 06:05:26 PM »
Not being able to get to the hairdressers for months, I've gone and cut my own hair...straight-ish (maybe), across at the back.
Is this:
a) not something I should disclose anywhere else...they'll figure it out for themselves;
b) a sign of impending madness;
c) chic as fuck. Who knew the 20's was making a comeback? I did;
d) all or none of the above.
Nye Bevan, 'the NHS will exist for only as long as the people fight for it'...or something like that.

Offline mint

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #142912 on: Apr 10, 2018, 05:07:46 PM »
I've done it. It's not that difficult if it's long and you're cutting straight across, no layers. I don't think it's bad cutting it yourself! Are you happy with it? On that note I haven't been to the hairdresser for over a year :/