Author Topic: Random Disclosures  (Read 3368780 times)

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Random Disclosures
« Reply #142890 on: Mar 05, 2018, 12:00:19 PM »
I only watch Corrie twice a year but despite this I seem to have no problems keeping up with the plot.

Same here and I only ever saw the soaps once every year and that was at Christmas when I was visiting my Mum.

Why anyone would feel entertained by watching Ian Beale or Steve Macdonald is beyond me. I've done big shops at Morrison that were more exciting.

Itís Christmas and Easter with my Mum for me. I have the dubious thrill of the double bill.

Indeed. Even the cats look disdainful when itís on.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142891 on: Mar 05, 2018, 01:08:50 PM »
^whenever I accidentally flick past it it just seems to be people arguing, especially EastEnders. If I want to see aggro I just need to step out of my door. I donít want it in my flat as well.

The GP rang me back; she hasnít got time to talk to me today so sheíll have to ring me on Wednesday. She thinks itís the hospitals responsibility to deal with medication withdrawal. My care coordinator does not agree, sheís washed her hands of me and wants to discharge me at the first available opportunity. Happy NHSÖ thank you ToriesÖ   
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142892 on: Mar 05, 2018, 02:13:35 PM »
^ Yes East Enders is tiring with all the arguing. My Mum doesnít watch that anymore since I pointed out how much arguing and shouting there constantly was, especially between women,  so she went off it thankfully. I donít know if anyone remembers the soap Eldorado that got axed after a few months as it was so awful. I think my Mum was the only one in the country watching that one so we still like to tease her about it. :)

Sounds very frustrating re the medication withdrawal.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142893 on: Mar 05, 2018, 03:38:56 PM »
^ my mum watched Eldorado as well.
 I think I grew out of soaps by about the age of 18. 

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142894 on: Mar 05, 2018, 05:04:07 PM »
^ Did she? There were two in the country then  :D

Yes for me I witness enough pointless drama in London without watching more of it on the TV.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #142895 on: Mar 06, 2018, 11:40:46 PM »
I'm afraid I remember seeing several episodes of Eldorado  :-[ In my defence I watched several hours of tv a day back then, so it doesn't actually mean I thought it was good....

Offline Oso

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #142896 on: Mar 07, 2018, 09:42:51 AM »
Iíve never been a big TV watcher & usually listen to music instead. However, when I was a lot younger I used to love an episode or two of Brookside. Iíve even been guilty of watching the omnibus. If I saw an episode now Iíd probably think it shockingly bad.

My excuse is there were only about 4 channels then so not much else to watch. God Iím making myself sound ancient! As well as watching the 4 TV channels I also used to ride my penny-farthing when I wasnít chimney sweeping for a bit of pocket money.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142897 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:09:01 AM »
I liked Brookside! And they had lots of good actors who went on to bigger things.

Don't watch much tv now though.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142898 on: Mar 07, 2018, 11:04:16 AM »
I watched Brooky as well when I was in my teens. It was my favourite trash telly. How many times can the parade blow up in one year?
I think they stopped it didnít they, years ago.
 Iím glad I donít live on Coronation Street or Albert Square, because every Christmas Iíd be bricking it, wondering if it was my turn this year. 

Offline Oso

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #142899 on: Mar 07, 2018, 12:11:20 PM »
;D The mortality rate does seem to be higher in Albert Square that other squares in the country.

Brooky finished years ago.

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142900 on: Mar 07, 2018, 07:44:58 PM »
I'm afraid I remember seeing several episodes of Eldorado  :-[ In my defence I watched several hours of tv a day back then, so it doesn't actually mean I thought it was good....

:D

Iím trying to think of the worst thing Iíve watched. I used to watch Neighbours, but I was 12. I used to watch Murder She Wrote too - everywhere Angela Lansbury went someone was killed off, but no one ever thought to suspect her.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142901 on: Mar 07, 2018, 09:03:03 PM »
 Yeah, I donít know why. It didnít take me long to come to the conclusion that if Angela Lansbury ever came to town I should get the hell out a bit sharpish, and Midsummer murders, how many people lived in that village? Iím surprised there was anybody left. And Inspector Morse for that matter, Iíve lived in Oxford for 16 years and thereís been a few murders, but nowhere near as many people as were bumped off in a single series of that. Morse was class though. Half the fun of watching that is seeing which place names theyíve swapped around. The bookbinders is the trout and the Eagle and child is the bookbinders, and I donít know where the Randolph is but I donít think itís the Randolph, not that Iíve ever been in. .  I actually shook hands with Colin Dexter in the Dewdrop in Summertown one tine. I think he was a pit bissed.

This sleep deprivation is messing with my head. Iíve lost the ability to string together a sentence, and I keep coming out with the wrong words.  Basically I keep talking shit. Oh, waitÖ 

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142902 on: Mar 07, 2018, 11:09:25 PM »
;D at your last two words ;) Don't worry, that's pretty much the Internet, we all do it, don't we?

The Book of Dust uses one of the same pubs as Morse, I think the Trout, but I'm not sure now. I saw pictures online but I don't remember the names now.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142903 on: Mar 14, 2018, 01:41:07 PM »
 Them whoíve moved in downstairs av got a babby, and all I can ear is it squawking all the tine and er shouting at it. Makes me want to boost my tunes to drown it out.
 The noise you understand, not the babby... 

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142904 on: Mar 17, 2018, 06:13:47 PM »
As weird it may seem for someone as unhippy as me, I've been making my own mouthwash for a few months and my other half prefers it now to shop bought.

I just got fed up traipsing an unending stream of plastic bottles back from the supermarket and decided that if I could make it myself easily I would. So I make it with aloe vera juice, bicarb, peppermint essence, tea tree oil, witch hazel and purified water and it does feel much fresher. I think it all stems from being deprived of a chemistry set when I always wanted one as a child and now I've got a shed and no one can stop me from tinkering about in it.

Anyhow, I then started making scented body oil and then recently decided to make hand cream and face cream as well and they have to be stored in tinted containers to stop the light damaging them. My partner said that she was really jealous when the lovely blue jars arrived to store the cream in because she'd always wanted to make stuff like that. So I offered to share the equiment with her. But she did this puzzled, "only child" expression and then shook her head before admitting that as much as she loved them, there was no way that she was going to "share them". The cheeky fucker.
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......