Author Topic: Random Disclosures  (Read 3171856 times)

Offline Smik

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Random Disclosures
« Reply #142395 on: Mar 17, 2017, 08:57:07 PM »
What breed is your dog?
[/quote]

Spaniel  :) how was your day? Hope your wasn't  too sleepy today  ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2017, 10:02:30 PM by Smik »

Offline Artist

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • artist of life
« Reply #142396 on: Mar 17, 2017, 11:15:26 PM »
What breed is your dog?

Spaniel  :) how was your day? Hope your wasn't  too sleepy today  ;)
[/quote]

Aww sweet.
I was ok, probably Guinness made me more sleepy later. Hope you were ok too?
“Expectations are resentments under construction.”
― Anne Lamott

Offline Vickilipstick

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #142397 on: Mar 17, 2017, 11:19:27 PM »
In my experience yes.

What I object to is that it appears to be such a sweeping statement when you say that it is mostly immigrants that 'grass' on other immigrants when you offer no facts.

But if your experience comes from working in immigration and you do have first hand information on who has 'grassed', then I do apologise for questioning you on your statement.

Yes, i do. But i regret posting that tbh, as we are not supposed to really talk about work in that way.

Suffice to say, as lust for life states, most people are just trying to better their lives. I daresay if we were born in less fortunate circumstances we would try to do the same. 

Offline Vickilipstick

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #142398 on: Mar 17, 2017, 11:22:12 PM »
I love spaniels! They are so pretty and cheery doggies! And very energetic!

Offline Smik

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142399 on: Mar 17, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »
I love spaniels! They are so pretty and cheery doggies! And very energetic!

:D they are! So true after a 5 minute nap she's full of energy again! But she's getting old now so likes a good cuddle

Online Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142400 on: Mar 17, 2017, 11:27:31 PM »
^ There are other causes, too, like inflammation and/or injury.
You have my sympathies. I have spurs in my feet, elbows and spine. They are a pain.

Orthotics are the way forward.

Yes, the doc's given me several pages of stuff to read about it.
Orthotics and exercises seem to be the best thing. And not too much running ;)

Do the ones in your elbows and spine hurt when you move them? The thing in my foot hurts most when I get out of bed or when I stand after sitting for a while, so it's only when I put weight on it, although I guess what is actually happening is the ligament (?) being stretched suddenly. Then, as I walk it slowly eases.
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #142401 on: Mar 18, 2017, 01:34:00 AM »
^ I didn't know what spurs were, they sound awful, poor you (all of you with them) :o

Musette, not sure if you missed it or were just tired and in pain, but on the previous page I have given partial feedback from a leave voter.

Offline purelybyaccident

• Gingerbeer w*nker
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • There's still some good mileage left.
« Reply #142402 on: Mar 18, 2017, 06:32:22 AM »
In my experience yes.

What I object to is that it appears to be such a sweeping statement when you say that it is mostly immigrants that 'grass' on other immigrants when you offer no facts.

But if your experience comes from working in immigration and you do have first hand information on who has 'grassed', then I do apologise for questioning you on your statement.

Yes, i do. But i regret posting that tbh, as we are not supposed to really talk about work in that way.

Suffice to say, as lust for life states, most people are just trying to better their lives. I daresay if we were born in less fortunate circumstances we would try to do the same.

Then I do apologise, but for me and my personal experience it certainly isn't the case, and sweeping statements about immigrants make me very uneasy, UKIP does enough of that.

Online Musette

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142403 on: Mar 18, 2017, 11:06:06 AM »
^ I didn't know what spurs were, they sound awful, poor you (all of you with them) :o

Musette, not sure if you missed it or were just tired and in pain, but on the previous page I have given partial feedback from a leave voter.

Thanks LfL, yes it was a ll a bit fuzzy last night, but I've had a pretty good night's sleep so things are back in focus :)

It was interesting to read what your mum said and I can understand it, I suppose, although there is a measure of double standards going on. It also strikes me that she thinks your dad won't be asked to leave because he's been here so long. It's typical of the attitude where people make exceptions for themselves and those they know - "Foreigners... immigrants... blah blah blah... Oh, I didn't mean you!" Why does she think your dad will be treated any differently to anyone else?

I saw a film on FB this morning, interviewing British 'expats' in Spain, and the levels of arrogance, hypocrisy and total lack of self-awareness were staggering. The things they said about why they lived there, in a self-confessed ghetto (they moved to Spain for a better standard of living, they'd have nothing if they went back 'home', that they had now a settled life with good friends, that they keep the local economy going etc) are all things that 'immigrants' say here but which are ignored or judged to be 'different'. One old boy actually said the British are never 'foreigners' no matter where they go. Another admitted he had voted for Brexit because he believed it was 'right for the country' but insisted that he wouldn't be coming back to Britain. I'm not sure he will be given a choice in the matter but he clearly hadn't considered that ::)

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #142404 on: Mar 18, 2017, 10:42:50 PM »
^ I am fully aware of the double standards and wasn't at all trying to say I agreed with her point of view, just that I was beginning to understand it. I think you've answered your own question as to why she thinks my Dad wouldn't have a problem: it's always 'other people' and they couldn't possibly mean him.

She also thinks too much money flows from the UK to the EU. Did I mention that she lives in Wales? Which gets masses of EU funding/subsidies. If London give even half that money to Wales I'll be surprised and if they match it I will eat my hat, for real (probably a paper one out of a cracker but I promise to do it if that happens).

Offline Vickilipstick

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #142405 on: Mar 18, 2017, 11:15:27 PM »
My mum lives in spain. But HAS learnt the language and does integrate. However i find it staggering that some of the brits she knows there have been there for YEARS and totally live in a brit ex pat bubble. I think its disgusting and totally disrespectful to the spanish people.
Its no different from migrants coming here and not intergrating. Why is it some brits think the world revolves around them?!!!!!

Offline Medusa

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142406 on: Mar 20, 2017, 10:04:06 PM »
^ There are other causes, too, like inflammation and/or injury.
You have my sympathies. I have spurs in my feet, elbows and spine. They are a pain.

Orthotics are the way forward.

Yes, the doc's given me several pages of stuff to read about it.
Orthotics and exercises seem to be the best thing. And not too much running ;)

Do the ones in your elbows and spine hurt when you move them? The thing in my foot hurts most when I get out of bed or when I stand after sitting for a while, so it's only when I put weight on it, although I guess what is actually happening is the ligament (?) being stretched suddenly. Then, as I walk it slowly eases.

Stretching exercises before getting up help. You have classic plantar fasciitis symptoms. In some people it goes away once and for all; in others it can relapse. Because mine is part of a chronic inflammatory arthritis-type  thing, it relapses. When I first got the elbow trouble it was terribly painful, esp first thing in the morning and if I used my arms, eg. carrying anything heavy. After a few months the bone spurs appeared and within a few months of that the pain went. Occasionally if I'm carrying shopping for long they hurt again, but mostly not. So far as the ones in my spine go, it's part of a broader picture of crap backness and it's hard to say what causes the most pain. It's been a problem all my adult life so I've adapted.

I suppose someone's talked with you about footwear? For straightforward plantar fasciitis? It makes quite a difference.
Every day is a bad hair day.

Online Musette

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142407 on: Mar 20, 2017, 10:30:35 PM »
Thanks Medusa, that's interesting.
They haven't talked to me about footwear in great detail except that I shouldn't walk barefoot or in flat shoes on hard floors (which is, of course, what I do all the time at home, so I'm looking for something to wear on my feet indoors at least). But I think for more advice I'd have to make a separate appt with the foot person (there is a foot clinic there so I'm sure I can do that).
I have been doing stretches though, which are really helping already. I don't think it's part of anything else chronic or systemic, so once I've sorted it (if I do) then hopefully it won't be an ongoing problem.

Offline Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142408 on: Mar 22, 2017, 03:10:45 PM »
Parliament is in lockdown.

Offline Marty

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #142409 on: Mar 22, 2017, 03:26:26 PM »
At least ten people injured after being run over on Westminster bridge.