Author Topic: How do we prevent GB message boards from falling foul of hate speech?  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
 What hypocrisy?
 What Iíve seen: top threatening to reveal a posterís previous posting name; Madge incorrectly identifying Betty; top I think it was blethering on about doxxing Blythe;  and a poster, whose name I canít bring to mind, using another posterís real name, whether by accident or not Iím not sure. The latter three were flagged up by other posters, including Betty and Blythe themselves, and the former was flagged up by myself. There may have been other examples that I have missed, but I donít feel the need to jump in on a dog pile if people have already called things out.
 What you are conveniently ignoring though, is that I personally havenít indulged in any name-calling or mudslinging, or threats or attempts to out people. Maybe your ire would be better directed at those who have, but as youíve already stated, you donít feel the need to point out the bad behaviour of people on your side of the debate, so itís kind of a waste of time talking to you isnít it.         
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
What hypocrisy?

This:
The last time that poster popped up, or maybe the time before, they outed Snowball's new GB ID with their first post.  Then Blythe outed them without pausing to ask for permission.  You were on the same page and said nothing.  And at least two of them have chucked around real life information on each other.

What you are conveniently ignoring though, is that I personally havenít indulged in any name-calling or mudslinging, or threats or attempts to out people. .

Did I say you had?

Maybe your ire would be better directed at those who have, but as youíve already stated, you donít feel the need to point out the bad behaviour of people on your side of the debate, so itís kind of a waste of time talking to you isnít it.

From time to time I do.   But what I meant by my misconstrued comment was that I find misguided e.g. lesbians are more worth arguing against than misguided e.g. Republicans.

I'm more than happy to stop arguing about it though because we're both just seeing confirmation bias in each other.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Thankfully, peaktrans is what will be happening to the silent readers of this thread who see grown women arguing that correctly naming a child rapist and murderer is a hate crime

Itís a good job that never happened then! I asked if we actually had any reliable evidence that Huntley was actually transitioning or if it was just another groundless attempt to undermine the entire trans community, do you know?

that transwomen with the musculature and heft of the men they actually are have every right to beat females at sport

Letís hope that never happens while quietly remembering that itís got bugger all to do with the proposed changes to the GRA.

that there is no threat to female prisoners if you are to put rapists with male genitalia in their prisons; that women's spaces are up for grabs on the say-so of any man who wants in;

Bloody good job weíve got a Ministry of Justice to stop that sort of thing!

and that gender and sex are the same thing.

I shall keep my dictionary to hand and remain every watchful.

And that's putting aside the nastiness of the way this debate is being conducted: bullying and gaslighting women for having legitimate concerns.

I know, I was compared to a mouldy copy of playboy or somesuch earlier but it didnít make me hate trans people. Maybe thereís something wrong with me?

It's good to remember, once in a while, that the po-mo, queer theory nonsense being spouted here doesn't wash with most of the public.

No, the good readers of the Daily Mail wonít hold with that sort of thing, youíve had quite enough of those expert people and Tommy could well have been innocent or something.

Your writing styles seems familiar, is it acceptable for me to have at guess at who you previously were? I donít want to, like, dead name you or anything although, wonít be a hate crime becasue itís not an actual crime, but, you know, I wouldnít like to offend.

But I still donít know what #Peaktrans actually is, will you be hunting down the trans people to murder, removing their rights under the GRA or just being a bit mean about them?

Yeah, looks like a right friendly request does that.
 I canít find the other posts you were on about Wolfie, and Iím not going to devote a lot of time to it. Iíve just listed everything I remember seeing, but the point is, Iím not actively trying to defend outing people online, or gaslighting women. Iím not the one writing, on the Internet, in words that everyone can read, that itís fine because theyFailed, so they didnít harm anybody,  or they didnít really do it did they, so shut up, or no, that was just a polite request but look at you, youíre a hypocrite because blah blah blah.
 Youíre using abusive tactics to defend shitty behaviour. People see you.   

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
 Iím still awake although I shouldnít be, and I forgot to put my phone on do not disturb and heard the email alert so fuck it.
 Wolfy, if you want to continue our conversation, on hear is fine. 

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
My apologies, but I had to PM you that link or I would have outed Danny T, wouldn't I?

It sounds to me like you've been absorbed into the Mumsnet Borg, but given you've already decided I'm abusive, misogynist and not worth talking to, I suggest you leave me the fuck alone.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Ok, so Iíve just looked at that link you sent me which I wonít post here.
 So first off youíre calling me a hypocrite because I didnít condemn something that happened almost 3 years ago, which I wasnít really involved with much, in fact my post on that page that you alluded to just said *sighĎ*  but also youíre outing another board poster to me privately. To be honest I would have had no idea what the hell you were on about if it wasnít for your post directly above this one, because none of the usernames match up.
 My gosh Wolfie, have you been trawling peoples posting history to try and get something on them, just to try to get amo to try to deflect the fact that youíre defending shitty behaviour?  Seriously, have a word with yourself.
 And leave you the fuck alone? You messaged me, remember?

Edited to correct silly error.   
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2018, 08:03:41 PM by Slantrhyme »

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Top asked for permission to openly speculate on someone's online identity and didn't get it so didn't.

The last time that poster popped up, or maybe the time before, *[i.e. in 2015]* they outed Snowball's new GB ID with their first post.  Then Blythe outed them without pausing to ask for permission.  You were on the same page and said nothing.  And at least two of them have chucked around real life information on each other.

As long as everyone who does this is a misogynist and it's not just a synonym for "disagrees with me", go ahead and call it misogyny.

Oh yeah, and nice bit of sneaky post editing. Iíve starred your edit because itís difficult for me  to bold.
 Wolfie, if you want people to stop calling you out on shit, stop fucking doing it, itís quite simple, really.
 Oh yeah, and youíve quoted yourself in the second post down on this page, so it was a bit of a waste of time really.

Edited to add the last bit   
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2018, 08:24:18 PM by Slantrhyme »

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess

My gosh Wolfie, have you been trawling peoples posting history to try and get something on them, just to try to get amo to try to deflect the fact that youíre defending shitty behaviour?  Seriously, have a word with yourself.
The outing and counter-outing was pretty memorable to me, no trawling required.  I believe it got GB shut down one night too, but you donít feel the need to reckon with the bad behaviour of people on your side of the debate, who by your standards would be abusive misogynists.

And leave you the fuck alone? You messaged me, remember?

I thought we'd agreed to, then you started again with Reply 92.

Oh yeah, and nice bit of sneaky post editing. Iíve starred your edit because itís difficult for me  to bold.
My edit is in square-bracketed italics, it deliberately stands out.

Oh yeah, and youíve quoted yourself in the second post down on this page, so it was a bit of a waste of time really.

That was also deliberate, you seemed to be having difficulty comprehending me.
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2018, 08:52:49 PM by Wolfgang »

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Do ya think?  ;)
Itís good to point it out though, donít you think?

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
I think the bottom line here is that anyone can say whatever they want and there will be zero repercussions.

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: How do we prevent GB message boards from falling foul of hate speech?
« Reply #100 on: Aug 14, 2018, 08:32:58 AM »
 :D I donít think that is most peopleís experience of Gingerbeer.
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......

Offline Earl

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #101 on: Aug 15, 2018, 01:58:48 AM »
I think the bottom line here is that anyone can say whatever they want and there will be zero repercussions.

i know...I mean, what kind of church group/school classroom/handmaid's space is this? AmIright?
Nye Bevan, 'the NHS will exist for only as long as the people fight for it'...or something like that.

Offline Earl

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #102 on: Aug 15, 2018, 02:17:17 AM »
^ I shouldn't be so flippant...this flippancy mainly happens when someone says 'the bottom line is..', it's a phrase that sends my bullshit meter off.

So you complained, Madge. And we're still here. You must be gutted.

As Betty pointed out, if you're hateful or as in your case dishonest, or whatever....others do tell you. And this is an actual repercussion.

So farewell, etc etc., maybe your manipulative nonsense will play better elsewhere.
Nye Bevan, 'the NHS will exist for only as long as the people fight for it'...or something like that.

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #103 on: Aug 15, 2018, 10:39:59 PM »
Iíve been accused of some right stuff here. ::)

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #104 on: Aug 15, 2018, 10:55:44 PM »
Iíve been accused of some right stuff here. ::)

How do you think that compares to what you've accused us of and without backing any of it up?
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......