Author Topic: To my fellow sisters  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Fox

• eat my shorts
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
  • I'm in the Write mood.™
To my fellow sisters
« on: Jul 07, 2018, 04:16:59 PM »
You know who you are, now so does some media :-)
Bloody brilliant!

Bring pride back to our LESBIAN and gay pride MARCH.

MARCH! Not drunken hettie party time. Bring back the protesting and political activism.

Thank you so much, Slantie ( you are extremely articulate) and Blythie and Betty etc. for enlighhtening us as I thought we were up to date and weren’t! ‘That’ long thread has been just brilliant.

And now some of you, have followed through with your  strong principals in a natural, peacful and public point of principal and like our suffragette sisters of the past, taken to the streets in protest! And done this with all us women in mind, thank you!

I’m so proud of  my (our) sisters at the front of london pride 2018 march. SO PROUD of you all.

« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2018, 04:36:19 PM by Fox »
.........a woman trapped in a woman's body..........
           Grrrrrrrr.

pants

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: To my fellow sisters
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2018, 07:13:21 PM »
I’m not sure if being referred to in the press as an ‘anti-trans group’ is a moment in lesbian history to be proud of.

Offline Fox

• eat my shorts
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
  • I'm in the Write mood.™
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2018, 07:51:57 PM »
Madge, are you KIDDING?!

Our sisters led the pride march. LESBIAN and gay pride march. The rest followed.

Shame on PinkNews for their unintelligent and male bias coverage, shame on them.

.........a woman trapped in a woman's body..........
           Grrrrrrrr.

pants

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2018, 08:01:01 PM »
It's ok Madge,  I read the leaflet with its "enforcing compulsory heterosexuality on us".  They are safely confined to Lalaland.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2018, 08:09:24 PM »
I would love for lesbians to lead the parade, but not like this. Not as gatecrashers and not with that message.

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2018, 08:48:02 PM »
I’m not sure if being referred to in the press as an ‘anti-trans group’ is a moment in lesbian history to be proud of.

That was the Pink News. It’s written by a couple of gay men who can’t write about women without going “euw”

Unless those women happen to be Kylie or Beyoncé or transwomen.

Big high 5, Fox.

There’s been a line drawn in the sand for lots of us, now. We’re centring ourselves in issues and f”ck this charade of a movement that tries to make us invisible whilst speaking in our name.

And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2018, 12:22:31 AM »
This would be a good time to have a functioning front page, EVicT…
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #7 on: Jul 08, 2018, 09:46:09 AM »

What are you saying, Wolfie? That we should have a front page coming down in support of one view or another? I think that would be the final nail in Gingerbeer's coffin, myself.

Long live discussion!

I wonder if anyone on the transactivism team noticed that the banners said transactivism erases lesbians, not transgenders erase lesbians...

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #8 on: Jul 08, 2018, 10:24:26 AM »

What are you saying, Wolfie? That we should have a front page coming down in support of one view or another? I think that would be the final nail in Gingerbeer's coffin, myself.

Long live discussion!

No, the front page literally doesn't function so nobody can come here and discuss What Some London Lesbians Did unless they already know we're here.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #9 on: Jul 08, 2018, 10:32:12 AM »
^ ah, glad I asked, and glad you answered. I was barking up the completely wrong tree ;D

Offline pure evil

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Joyful Misandrist
« Reply #10 on: Jul 08, 2018, 10:45:46 AM »
NOT PROUD of this vile transphobic stunt, not supportive of this right wing nuisance brigade spreading hatred. NOT IN MY NAME.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #11 on: Jul 08, 2018, 11:09:03 AM »
I wonder if anyone on the transactivism team noticed that the banners said transactivism erases lesbians, not transgenders erase lesbians...

They noticed. They're just misrepresenting what was said as usual.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #12 on: Jul 08, 2018, 11:27:13 AM »
I think she's advocating for a "pile on" on Blythe, LFL from people who've never posted on here before and she would like that technologically enabled.

No, I am really really fūcking not.  Jesus.  I would like new members.  In fact I'd expect the likeliest outcome would be skimming off lezzers from MN.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #13 on: Jul 08, 2018, 11:42:38 AM »
I think we both know what particular milkshake would be drawing all the peeps to the yard at this moment in time.

And when not only one's identity but one's location is being broadcast all over Twitter by socially responsible outfits who call themselves things like "F*ck Terfs", then our incoming hordes are more likely to be death threats from box rooms in Idaho than supportive lesbians from Mumsnet.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #14 on: Jul 08, 2018, 11:56:29 AM »
I'm just disappointed that Stuff Happened involving London Lesbians and GB is semi-comatose. We might as well pack up and go home.