Author Topic: To my fellow sisters  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: To my fellow sisters
« Reply #15 on: Jul 08, 2018, 11:59:20 AM »
But the only thing that has stopped GB being not comatose but only semi-comatose is this topic, no?

And obviously it would be better if the site were able to fully function generally.
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #16 on: Jul 08, 2018, 12:02:16 PM »
That's all I meant.

Doxxing anyone here is also not by me or in my name, for the record.

Off to sleep.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2018, 12:08:11 PM by Wolfgang »
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #17 on: Jul 08, 2018, 12:08:34 PM »
I don't know what NIMN means. Now you've given me google homework. Ah, edited "Not in my name". I get it.

Hope you get some rest.

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #18 on: Jul 08, 2018, 12:15:54 PM »
A bunch of thugs, muscling their way in front of the LGBT NHS workers who should have been leading the march.

Not in my name.

Itís also interesting to note that these thugs were lead by the same women who pulled the same stunt at Dyke March and one has been willing to organise a London Dyke March since.

Ask yourself, who is really responsible for lesbian erasure?
I'm reporting you to the mods for annoying me to the point where I become ill and have to take tranquillisers.  - Wolfie

Offline Lyco

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #19 on: Jul 08, 2018, 12:21:01 PM »
NOT PROUD of this vile transphobic stunt, not supportive of this right wing nuisance brigade spreading hatred. NOT IN MY NAME.

Obviously, I agree with the above. Thatíll come as no surprise to anyone.

I thought the whole thing was a bit Wages Due Lesbians tbh. And I donít think barging NHS workers from leading the march was particularly nice.

But one thing it did do was galvanise lesbian twitter. And not in support either. People are outraged and itís woken a lot of support for transpeople, which is really nice to see. Plus, itís shone a light on all the gender critical people who say they are not remotely transphobic at all and just concerned for women but completely support this action yesterday. Like when Katie Hopkins finally went full on white supremacist. I think a lot of people are seeing this for what it is now. Transphobia. Full on, out and proud transphobia.

I know you think you woke a lot of people yesterday and you did. But not to your agenda.

Offline PushingThru

• (yep)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
« Reply #20 on: Jul 09, 2018, 12:38:42 AM »
My first thought about this was that it reminded me of the lesbians who protested in the 6íoclock news broadcast back in 1988. Women, and especially lesbians, have never been given anything easily. Political struggle (whether you agree or not) has always been part and parcel of the gay rights struggle. And with modern social media as it is especially - those women were brave.
No one is obliged to write in ways that appeal to everyone else - we're not paying for the user content. If you don't like it skim past it.

Offline Blythe

• Isle of Man Debating Champion 1981
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
    • http://www.gaydargirls.co.uk/scripts/ndisplay.asp?userid=rebecca-is-out
« Reply #21 on: Jul 09, 2018, 08:55:13 PM »
I think the vitriol we are getting on twitter rather proves our point.
Thank you to those who said we were brave. I've had many messages of support from friends I didn't realise were reading silently and have now spoken up. It means a lot.

Obviously some of you don't approve of our protest. And that's your right, as it is ours to say to LGBT orgs that they are not protecting or supporting lesbians.

Many of you know me, but I trust that you wouldn't use personal information to damage me or put me in danger.
'Someone take Blythe's mobile phone off her before she says something silly'           kitty

Gothic

« Reply #22 on: Jul 10, 2018, 09:16:52 PM »
The rot set in with ďqueerĒ politics years ago. Thereís little point in trying to debate with people who only make selfish demands and have no concern for or interest in anyone but themselves.

The fact that they are supported by weak, sycophantic band-wagoners who are all too quick to forget the unconditional support given to them during various campaigns by the same lesbians they now demonise in their sickening desperation to appease trans activists makes a sad spectacle but itís the predictable state weíre in now. Personally, I got the ĎLí out years ago. I will always fight the corner of anyone facing discrimination, bullying or violence of any kind when I see it in my daily life, but as an individual lesbian with my own very clear understanding of and pride in my identity as I choose to define it. I avoid the so called lbgtq + Ďcommunityí and its mind boggling inability to accomplish anything except public implosion like the plague!

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #23 on: Jul 11, 2018, 06:41:56 PM »
 Only just seen this. Thank you for the shout out Fox. I wasnít at the march on Saturday unfortunately, but if I had been there I would have been cheering Blythe and her fellow protesters.
 I think itís a sad indictment  when lesbians are vilified for protesting about lesbian erasure at a pride march. I responded to a gay man on the Oxford pride Facebook earlier who said they should have been told to sod off. That says it all really, lesbian erasure in one short comment.
 The thing is about a protest, is that not everybody agrees with it. Thatís why itís a protest.  Pride is a political event, not just a corporate  glittery rainbow unicorn celebration party. It is exactly the right place for lesbians to protest if they feel that their identity is being aggressively erased. The fact that certain other members of the LGBT community donít agree is neither here nor there, and being told to shut up and fuck off exactly demonstrates their point.
Wolfie thinks we should have a front page announcing that some of the protesters post on here. Well Wolfie, Iíve been knocking around these Internet circles too long to unintentionally misconstrue your request. None of us are daft, we know exactly what you mean. The fact that the small number of genderists on here havenít managed to drive us off is because we are determined, we know our onions, and we wonít be silenced. This message board is specifically for lesbians and bisexual women and they are free to join if they wish. It is a space specifically for us, not for any random keyboard warrior nutjob looking for an opportunity to abuse lesbian and bisexual women. Itís worth remembering that these misogynistic arseholes youíd like to invite on here will back you for a bit, until you say something they donít like, or until they have no more use for you, then theyíll drop you and stamp on you just the same as the rest of us. Youíre playing with fire if you want to do that, and you will get burnt.         

the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #24 on: Jul 11, 2018, 08:47:17 PM »
Wolfie thinks we should have a front page announcing that some of the protesters post on here.

No, I don't, and I apologize if that's how it read.  IMO my fellow GBer was gutsy but misguided, but I do not want to see her doxxed, piled on or pilloried. 

I am not gutsy.  My mental and physical health is extremely fragile at the moment and I can't type any more on the subject so I'm going to pull the sick card and implore you to leave me out of this.  You can kick my head in in a few weeks if I'm still in one piece.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline PushingThru

• (yep)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
« Reply #25 on: Jul 11, 2018, 09:01:55 PM »
Don't let it affect your health, Wolfgang. This is a message board, don't let that affect your real life wellbeing. Nothing is worth sacrificing health for. :)
No one is obliged to write in ways that appeal to everyone else - we're not paying for the user content. If you don't like it skim past it.

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #26 on: Jul 11, 2018, 09:21:54 PM »
I echo that. Take care of your health and get whatever rest you need, Wolfie.

People should be able to disagree about this stuff without making each other ill.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #27 on: Jul 11, 2018, 09:28:15 PM »
:D Thank you xx

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #28 on: Jul 12, 2018, 01:32:01 AM »
Wolfie, iím sorry if I came off nasty. That wasnít my intention. People like you, and me, vulnerable women,  are the first under the bus if these misogynistic arseholes get their way. I donít think youíre a bad person. I think you like being a goady fucker sometimes, and some of what you write is utter bollocks, but I donít think youíre an abusive malevolent twat like some I could name.
 Walk away and concentrate on your head and your health for a bit. Itíll all still be here when you get back.
 Look after yourself x     
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #29 on: Jul 14, 2018, 04:18:44 AM »
IMO my fellow GBer was gutsy but misguided

[Having remembered that trans people actually exist and indeed I've known and variously adored a few of them I must apologise for my impartiality back there.]
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2018, 05:39:00 PM by Wolfgang »