Author Topic: Confused  (Read 249 times)

Offline iris

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Confused
« on: Jun 17, 2018, 12:07:37 PM »
I have recently left a job where it felt to me like there was sexual tension between me and my manager for some months. In the last meeting we had one on one I was surprised she told me to keep in touch with her in whatever way I wanted and that could include meeting up in person. Before this she keeps a professional distance from her staff and doesnít give much personal information away. This was a month ago and ever since that meeting she looks really uncomfortable and avoids eye contact with me. She also announced to me and the rest of the team who were leaving at the same time that they could only contact her on email for a business purpose. Iím not sure if she regrets what she said or just feels really uncomfortable she said it in the first place but itís left me feeling really confused. Before the meeting we shared quite a lot of lingering eye contact and it seemed like there was a chemistry and rapport between us but now i donít know if I imagined it. She has never disclosed her sexuality and now looks embarrassed when she sees me. Iím not sure what to do next. Does anyone have any ideas?

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2018, 04:54:47 PM »
I am confused too - you say you left the job but your manager looks embarrassed when she sees you. So are you still at the job or are you seeing her outside of the job?
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2018, 01:38:31 AM »
I would steer clear unless and until she approaches you, and even then be careful. She can write you a reference (or not), and it sounds like she is not out, if she is gay.

You don't need these mind games. Meet some new people, extend your network, find yourself a girlfriend who actually communicates with you openly. Have fun  :)

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2018, 04:40:23 PM »
^ that's a much more helpful answer than mine was  ;D
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline iris

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2018, 08:29:06 AM »
Sorry, probably didnít explain it very well as I wrote it in a rush.

I meant I have just left now and a month before was when I had the meeting with my manager and then for the rest of the month until I left she seemed really uncomfortable, although only saw her 3 times, and not one on one, as she is off site so comes in for a day a week. So I wasnít sure whether to leave it. I really like her a lot but I donít like the thought she is so uncomfortable suddenly. But then why say it in the first place, and she sounded really genuine like she really wanted to meet me. It surprised me quite a bit so I guess I didnít respond much so maybe she doesnít know my depth of feeling for her.

Or yes lust for life youíre right it does sound a bit like mind games as iím not sure why youíd say that and then act strangely and I am worried about the reference side of things if I did contact her and then it didnít go well. She told me to contact her so I canít wait for her to contact me , iíd Have to do it myself. But now after her abrupt behaviour I just donít know....
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2018, 08:32:25 AM by iris »