Author Topic: Brexit Plans?  (Read 899 times)

Offline Lyco

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Brexit Plans?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 13, 2018, 03:31:13 PM »
But anyway I'm not sure what difference it would make. Brexit Britain sounds like a horrible place (it already grows more grim by the day) but I don't know where else I'd go.

Come to Ireland!

Genuinely, it's lovely and people are nice and everyone is going to move their organisations here after Brexit!

And don't worry about the passport. Firstly the common travel area doesn't seem to be going anywhere but if that's a worry, our local farmers market on a Saturday morning is like the Duke of Wellington, wall to wall lesbians. There are more lesbians per sq metre down here then there are in Hackney. We will have you married off within a week!

(Maybe brush up on silage, road frontage, milk quota's, different types of cow, handcrafted... things and homemade jam. That should cover every eventuality)

In fact, I might think about starting up an agency!

Offline purelybyaccident

• Gingerbeer w*nker
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • There's still some good mileage left.
« Reply #16 on: Jun 13, 2018, 03:38:05 PM »
Oh god, Brexit.
I'm a German citizen - I've lived in the UK for longer than I have ever lived in Germany. (23 years this September.)
I felt at home here really quickly, and I never thought I'd leave, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do.
My first instinct after the referendum was to apply for British citizenship, but Germans can't hold dual citizenship unless the other country is a member of the EU.
(There is a process where you can apply for an exception and pay money every two years to keep both, but I don't think the Germans are obliged to grant the exception. Bla bla bla)
I am not going to give up my German citizenship, this much I know.

I'm currently due to be made redundant at the same time as Brexit is due to come into effect, so it's all a bit up in the air.

Exiting, innit. Or very disconcerting,  depending on your point of view.

That is shit, millicent. I hope you won't have any problems if you stay in the UK.

I shall be boycotting Wetherspoons, there are loads of drinks such as Champagne and German beer that they no long be serving when we leave the EU, so they won't want my custom either, seeing as my income comes from Germany.

I'm wondering if Wetherspoons will also no longer employ EU staff.

I do wish I had applied for German citizenship while I was living there, I may try from here see how it goes.

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #17 on: Jun 13, 2018, 08:43:26 PM »
So no one is worried about the whole breakdown of civilisation three days after a hard exit and stocking up on baked beans and things?
I'm reporting you to the mods for annoying me to the point where I become ill and have to take tranquillisers.  - Wolfie

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #18 on: Jun 13, 2018, 08:51:30 PM »
Ok, for all my bluster, I have been gripped dipping in and out of BBC Parliament all afternoon and I really need to get something for my dinner but voting is almost done on the Labour amendment (rejected) and the HoL amendment (due soon). Eep.

Still.

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #19 on: Jun 13, 2018, 09:00:18 PM »
Yesterday, remember how clear it seemed
In six inch heels, quoting magazines
Go all the way, you knew you could
So far, so good
Someone asked: Who do you think you are?
Who pays your bills? How come you came this far?
Shrugged him off, and locked the door
So good, this far
Now it almost seems impossible
We've drunk too much, and woke up everyone
I may be wrong, I thought we said
It couldn't happen here here
I don't expect to talk in terms of sense
Our dignity and injured innocence
It contradicts your battle-scars
Still healed, so far
Now it almost seems incredible
We've laughed too loud, and woke up everyone
I may be wrong, but I thought we said
It couldn't happen here
Now it almost seems impossible
We've found ourselves back where we started from
It couldn't happen here
It couldn't happen here
I'm reporting you to the mods for annoying me to the point where I become ill and have to take tranquillisers.  - Wolfie

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #20 on: Jun 13, 2018, 09:19:48 PM »
Lyco, start your agency and put me on your books.

I don't know anything about any of the things you mentioned but I can wield a spreadsheet and make amazing fudge. That's got to appeal to someone, right?
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline fetishkitty

• Beware the scary pheremones...
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • And.....she's back!
« Reply #21 on: Jun 28, 2018, 08:24:03 PM »
I shall definitely be making sure my cupboards and freezer are full long before the supposed date. I suspect empty supermarket shelves will become commonplace ::)

kitty