Author Topic: Women's safety in prisons.  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: Women's safety in prisons.
« Reply #75 on: Jun 08, 2018, 12:10:49 AM »
You may well be. I've no idea.

That would be the proportionate means to a legitimate end exemption that Stonewall are seeking to get rid of and which you said wasn't happening. And even called us stupid for suspecting.

Now, a couple of times youíve now made claims about what Stonewall is trying to do or not do. You claimed in the other thread that Stonewall was writing the proposed amendments to the GRA and got very aggressive when I pointed out that it was unlikely.

I think Stonewall do sterling work but Iím not a representative of the organisation. Personally, Iíve no problems with that clause of the phrasing of that part of the GRA, I like the case by case basis aspect, it stops blanket bans on trans people and I like that any exclusion has to be proportionate. I havenít ever argued against it.

I'm reporting you to the mods for annoying me to the point where I become ill and have to take tranquillisers.  - Wolfie

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #76 on: Jun 08, 2018, 12:13:52 AM »
Once again. Women advocating for violent and/or sex offenders to be allowed into the women's estate. Placing the feelings of a bunch of reprehensibles above the safety of women. The most vulnerable women in society, thrown under the bus so that a few mentally ill or delusional men can experience validation. It's extraordinary. These blokes must be laughing their tits off.

Iím not actually. I donít think that anyone should be let into the womanís estate without a full risk assessment, as happens now. I also think that the management of prisons should be left to professionals, not rank amateurs with an axe to grind.

I think that they seem to be doing a pretty good job in what are, undoubtedly difficult circumstances, They should get less political interference, not more.
I'm reporting you to the mods for annoying me to the point where I become ill and have to take tranquillisers.  - Wolfie

Offline Betty Croker's frosted buns

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #77 on: Jun 08, 2018, 12:15:47 AM »
You've just mixed up the GRA and the Equality Act. The thing you call us stupid for. And you've confused me with someone else.

So I'm not engaging. Stomp around all you like.

And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #78 on: Jun 08, 2018, 12:16:03 AM »
 Top, body shaming? Really? Not cool.
 Walk away for a bit. Itíll still be here when you get back. 
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #79 on: Jun 08, 2018, 12:28:26 AM »
Top, body shaming? Really? Not cool.
 Walk away for a bit. Itíll still be here when you get back.

It was clothes shaming actually and I totally stand by it but thanks for the advice.  :)

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #80 on: Jun 08, 2018, 12:36:50 AM »
 If you imply body shaming, Iím going to infer body shaming.
 Choose your words more carefully, or even better, refrain from the vicious personal attacks,cos it looks like the pits.
 Thatís my last word on the subject 

the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #81 on: Jun 08, 2018, 12:52:21 AM »
There's been plenty of low shots all round.  I assume everyone's letting off steam before making their way back up the asshat triangle.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #82 on: Jun 08, 2018, 01:05:25 AM »

ďVPís are almost exclusively sex offenders or alleged sex offenders who are awaiting trial or in rare cases, informers. Iíve come across trans women in sex Offender establishments but always serving for a sex offence. Itís possible any prisoner could be placed anywhere but iin my opinion, tís a strange risk assessment that finds a female presenting prisoner is safest living amongst male rapists.

While your anecdote is fascinating, itís not evidence.

Self harm is the biggest and most avoidable risk to women inmates. Itís endemic. I know that Iíve talked about it at length on all of the other threads about women in prison that weíve had on GB over the years becasue weíre all so concerned about women in prison.

Oh wait, no sorry, that was somewhere else. No one mentioned women in prison here until it became a trans things.

Not a debate as such, but I have, several times, bumped a thread about OU research into lesbian experience of women's prisons (as either inmate or prison officer). Because I am concerned about women in prison, and because I support the OU and hold their research and courses in high regard.

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #83 on: Jun 08, 2018, 01:08:50 AM »
If you imply body shaming, Iím going to infer body shaming.
 Choose your words more carefully, or even better, refrain from the vicious personal attacks,cos it looks like the pits.
 Thatís my last word on the subject

Good.

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #84 on: Jun 08, 2018, 01:17:15 AM »
Not a debate as such, but I have, several times, bumped a thread about OU research into lesbian experience of women's prisons (as either inmate or prison officer). Because I am concerned about women in prison, and because I support the OU and hold their research and courses in high regard.

Thatís fair enough and Iím happy to be corrected. However, there is a bit of a trend to mention topics that are, otherwise, ignored when it comes to talking about trans people and a sort of concern trolling around people who are usually shown very little concern or consideration. Oddly, lesbians not prisoners rate highest in the league table for this, people who have totally ignored lesbains and the lesbain experience are, all of a sudden, telling me to Think of The Lesbians, they are bring cotton ceilinged, doncha know.

People who have otherwise, not being overly sensitive to the needs of religious people are also using them as a kind of bashing tool, women whoíd be (rightly) outraged to be excluded from anything on the grounds of religious sensibilities are suddenly demanding single sex spaces on behalf of religious women, not appreciating that itís something that cuts both ways.