Author Topic: How far does your sexuality stretch?  (Read 36756 times)

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: How far does your sexuality stretch?
« Reply #2145 on: Sep 12, 2018, 06:20:25 PM »
Trifle,
Hope you are OK?

I read Mumsnet and twitter and mumsnet usually breaks stories faster than twitter. There's real journalism going on there, they did the digging over the link between the rapist dad and Aimee.

Now the funniest thing THIS evening.
Caroline Lucas has been added to terfblocker!

She's a terf! A dangerous and transphone!

Yes, thanks Blythe. One of my relatives was suddenly rushed to hospital but is making a good recovery now. Ok I will have a look at mumsnet...

Re CL- I wish we could go back to when ludicrous nonsense was considered just that rather than a valid viewpoint.

Offline Marty.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #2146 on: Sep 13, 2018, 12:12:00 AM »
That is good news about your relative Trifle.  :)

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #2147 on: Sep 13, 2018, 11:31:20 AM »
Thanks, Marty.

I had a look at mumsnet last night and was interested to see the discussion about the Allsorts (lgbt charity) school pack. I had a heated debate with a friend last year about gender critical issues and sheís been heavily involved with Allsorts so it makes sense now why we disagreed so much. We usually have pretty similar views and we both just wanted a quiet coffee so after an hour of it we agreed to disagree. Also just as I thought I couldnít be shocked any further by all this I read how the BACP wanted to define what a woman is.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #2148 on: Sep 13, 2018, 11:44:22 AM »
 Yes, that BACP thing got my back up to, although down here Iím considered to be northern, so that might just be the way I am anyway.
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #2149 on: Sep 13, 2018, 04:36:09 PM »
I was reading the excellent piece in the Times re: Goldsmiths trans lecturer Natacha Kennedy (who also appears to co-publish her articles under a male name, "Mark Hellen") who organised a smear campaign against women academics. Quite chilling.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/eb941d92-b2ec-11e8-8fb1-ac438dd6af00

Interestingly enough, she even appears to have campaigned backstage against the proposed inclusion of Jack Monroe in a list drawn up by trans people to get feminists removed and replaced by trans activists in the Wilkipedia list of feminists on  the basis that "she sided with TERFS over headlockgran." Others also proclaim that Jack Monroe is a TERF, despite her identifying as trans. Which just goes to reiterate that TERF is just a silencing word for anyone who disagrees with them about anything. The reason they call Jack Monroe a TERF is because she is said to have debated a TERF in the media. Which is against the rules because any debate about any subject is against the rules of transactivism. You just send people to Coventry. And then also send anyone who speaks to them to Coventry. These are bullying tactics out of the infant school manifesto and it all boils down to them being unable to justify their irrational thinking about sex and gender..

"Headlockgran" btw, would be Maria MacLachlin, the sixty old victim of male bodied trans teenager, Tara Wolf. Wolf was convicted of assaulting her at Speaker's Corner.

What a classy act.
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2018, 05:14:21 PM by Betty Croker »
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......

Offline Trifle

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #2150 on: Sep 13, 2018, 08:26:58 PM »
Yes, that BACP thing got my back up to, although down here Iím considered to be northern, so that might just be the way I am anyway.

Ha, Iíve seen BACP have changed that from ĎNortherní to Ďin some contextsí now.  ::)

This would be funny if it all wasnít actually really in their guidelines!

For those who havenít seen it, itís at 2.6 Gender identity: woman https://www.bacp.co.uk/media/4185/bacp-gender-sexual-relationship-diversity-gpacp001-aug18.pdf

Jesus@ Natacha Kennedy article.
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2018, 08:31:01 PM by Trifle »