Author Topic: How far does your sexuality stretch?  (Read 36943 times)

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: How far does your sexuality stretch?
« Reply #1905 on: Jul 12, 2018, 11:17:51 PM »
Madge, this is subjective. Play the ball, not the (wo)man: if what you object to are the views, then challenge those rather than making ad hominem attacks.

Madge tried that for pages and pages and pages and she was subject to attack after attack from Betty. Iím not going to pretend that I did the same thing, I came out fighting because Iíve been on the end of Bettyís agression before and I knew that Blythe was being Ďa bití disingenuous, in the same way the Trump is Ďa bití of a bad president.

And these arenít opinions they are direct attacks on our friends.
I'm reporting you to the mods for annoying me to the point where I become ill and have to take tranquillisers.  - Wolfie

Offline PushingThru

• (yep)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
« Reply #1906 on: Jul 12, 2018, 11:23:30 PM »
Then her argument may not have been persuasive, and it's okay not to agree. If I tried to get everyone I spoke with to agree with me, I would be a very disappointed individual. People are not going to agree, that is reality.
No one is obliged to write in ways that appeal to everyone else - we're not paying for the user content. If you don't like it skim past it.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #1907 on: Jul 13, 2018, 12:08:15 AM »
To all the people defending or indeed cheering on from the sidelines, why donít you get involved? Go along to the meetings where theyíre obsessed with trans women and join in with the jeering? Also, if you feel strongly enough about the issue, why not join in with another protest? Strength in numbers, and all that. I am thoughtful enough to appreciate that not everyone is an able-bodied, middle class person, so if you canít physically make it, you could just join in with actively seeking out trans people on Twitter and purposely misgendering them. Iím sure all of the above is incredibly appealing and, whatís more, youíd definitely be helping to protect women and girls. Yep. 👍🏻

If weíre talking about protests then I couldnít let it pass without posting up this weird, creepy, disturbing effort.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/07/11/trans-women-are-women-london-landmarks/amp/  I thought this was a piss take to start with but no, apparently not.  Somebody, I think it was Betty, mentioned Orwellian up thread. Well here you go, canít get more Orwellian than that.
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1908 on: Jul 13, 2018, 12:12:05 AM »
Oh, so itís ok to call that weird, creepy and disturbing? Hey, PushingThru. Iím waiting for you to jump in here to call it ad hominem. I realise youíre hot on the heels for this kind of stuff.

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1909 on: Jul 13, 2018, 12:12:38 AM »
To all the people defending or indeed cheering on from the sidelines, why donít you get involved? Go along to the meetings where theyíre obsessed with trans women and join in with the jeering? Also, if you feel strongly enough about the issue, why not join in with another protest? Strength in numbers, and all that. I am thoughtful enough to appreciate that not everyone is an able-bodied, middle class person, so if you canít physically make it, you could just join in with actively seeking out trans people on Twitter and purposely misgendering them. Iím sure all of the above is incredibly appealing and, whatís more, youíd definitely be helping to protect women and girls. Yep. 👍🏻

If weíre talking about protests then I couldnít let it pass without posting up this weird, creepy, disturbing effort.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/07/11/trans-women-are-women-london-landmarks/amp/  I thought this was a piss take to start with but no, apparently not.  Somebody, I think it was Betty, mentioned Orwellian up thread. Well here you go, canít get more Orwellian than that.

Oh, so itís ok to call that weird, creepy and disturbing? Hey, PushingThru. Iím waiting for you to jump in here to call it ad hominem. I realise youíre hot on the heels for this kind of stuff.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1910 on: Jul 13, 2018, 12:23:59 AM »
 How can criticising a protest be ad hominem?  Iíll give you a clue, a protest is an event or action, not a person? 

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1911 on: Jul 13, 2018, 12:27:42 AM »
Youíre absolutely right.

So, letís drill down into why you think itís weird, creepy and disturbing. I hope itís not because you disagree with what theyíre saying.

And you threw in ĎOrwellianí. Please expand.

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1912 on: Jul 13, 2018, 09:28:01 AM »
Then her argument may not have been persuasive, and it's okay not to agree. If I tried to get everyone I spoke with to agree with me, I would be a very disappointed individual. People are not going to agree, that is reality.

This isnít about seeking consensus, itís about not having the oppression of a group of women normalised. I know that the desire to oppress women in some of the posters here is never going to go away but most of the lies they tell, that trans women are more likely to be sex offended, that there is a trans lobby or agenda, backed by big pharma, that trans children are overly medicalised, that Mermaids hand out hormones along with sweeties on their stall, etc., go unnoticed or unremarked.

Iím also challenging that idea that attacking Pride is acceptable to me. Those bigots donít speak for me and until I started shouting very loudly, they were claiming to.
I'm reporting you to the mods for annoying me to the point where I become ill and have to take tranquillisers.  - Wolfie

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1913 on: Jul 13, 2018, 12:58:11 PM »
Madge, I am not your teacher. Go away and read 1984.

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1914 on: Jul 13, 2018, 01:10:00 PM »
Madge, I am not your teacher. Go away and read 1984.

What a persuasive argument you provide!

FWIW I read 1984 as a child (Iíll be honest, I didnít really understand it then, but I was one of those advanced readers) and also last summer following some survey that reveals a lot of people havenít actually read 1984.

You still havenít demonstrated how that action/protest/event is Orwellian. Weak.

Also, ICYMI, hereís my other request that youíve swerved:

Letís drill down into why you think itís weird, creepy and disturbing. I hope itís not because you disagree with what theyíre saying?

Iíve added a question mark this time so that you know itís a question.

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1915 on: Jul 13, 2018, 01:19:11 PM »
Ok, so you posted that twice, Madge. I appreciate youíre upset about this, that is clear. You know my thoughts because we have DMíd at length.

While Iím not fond of quoting, I realised it might not match up if Slantrhyme subsequently amended her post, resulting in two posts.

We have DMd at length and itís been fairly agreeable, but I donít think youíre being 100% transparent. Would you care to share out here in the public forum what you DMd me last night?
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2018, 01:26:40 PM by Madge Hooks »

Offline PushingThru

• (yep)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
« Reply #1916 on: Jul 13, 2018, 01:47:44 PM »
It really depends what your intention is by that statement. Iíve found our conversations by DM quite interesting, open and fairly relaxed, whereas the public ones appear more charged. I wonder why that is. My views on this are morphing as I learn more, rather than fixed. What is it you are hoping to resolve?
No one is obliged to write in ways that appeal to everyone else - we're not paying for the user content. If you don't like it skim past it.

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1917 on: Jul 13, 2018, 04:37:19 PM »
Itís just thereís a bit of a discrepancy, thatís all.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1918 on: Jul 13, 2018, 05:12:23 PM »
 Well Madge, projecting a message that says Ďrepeat after us, transwomen are womení on the side of the *Ministry of Justice,* isnít weird, or creepy, or disturbing, or dictatorial, or implicitly threatening at all, is it?
 What it says to me is, if you donít repeat after us, and learn to parrot this statement back without question, youíll be punished. Itís extra disturbing in the context that it has been done in retaliation to a small group of lesbians protesting they are homosexual females, and objecting to a very vocal Group of trans activists who target and vilify lesbians for excluding male bodies from their dating pool. So not only will you parrot this phrase without question or youíll be punished, but you will act upon it next time you are required to allow a transwomanĎs penis into your vagina, or you will be punished.
 Fucked up in the extreme. To be honest I laughed the first time I saw it, at the sheer ridiculousness, but the more I think about it, the creepier and more fucked up it gets.
 The medium *is* the message.

Edited to correct a stupid dictation error.           
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2018, 05:16:59 PM by Slantrhyme »

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1919 on: Jul 13, 2018, 06:02:40 PM »
No, I donít find that weird, creepy or disturbing at all.

Did you find the action/protest/event the same for the other messages on display?