Author Topic: How far does your sexuality stretch?  (Read 24592 times)

Offline PushingThru

• (yep)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Re: How far does your sexuality stretch?
« Reply #1890 on: Jul 12, 2018, 02:18:36 PM »
Anyone reading this thread might leave with the take home that if they have any kind of mental health condition, they are not entitled to an opinion, not to be taken seriously, and may be labelled ‘mad’. This is neither fair nor helpful.
No one is obliged to write in ways that appeal to everyone else - we're not paying for the user content. If you don't like it skim past it.

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1891 on: Jul 12, 2018, 02:50:56 PM »
We all have mental health. It’s our own responsibility that we take care of it so that we don’t put ourselves or others in danger. It’s as important as physical health. If I were to engage in extreme forms of behaviour, I would consult a mental health professional alongside that activity.

Offline PushingThru

• (yep)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1892 on: Jul 12, 2018, 02:56:13 PM »
Madge, this is subjective. Play the ball, not the (wo)man: if what you object to are the views, then challenge those rather than making ad hominem attacks.
No one is obliged to write in ways that appeal to everyone else - we're not paying for the user content. If you don't like it skim past it.

Offline PushingThru

• (yep)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1893 on: Jul 12, 2018, 03:06:02 PM »
That last point is a general grumble about the degradation of debate on this thread.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #1894 on: Jul 12, 2018, 03:41:11 PM »
 Oh I know what she‘s getting at, and I know who it’s aimed at. I just prefer not to lower myself. What some random person who I’ve never met on the Internet thinks of me isn’t really of any consequence. What it says about them however, is there for all to see. 
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1895 on: Jul 12, 2018, 06:46:41 PM »
See, it doesn’t really matter what I say.

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1896 on: Jul 12, 2018, 07:04:33 PM »
To add to that, you can be unhinged and kind or you can be unhinged and bigoted. I strongly believe the latter was the driving force behind the protests on Saturday. FWIW. Pinning my colours to the mast and all that. Saying what I really think.

Again, it doesn’t matter because they’ll be those who see what I see and agree with me. Or they’ll be those who’ll tut and defend bigots because it’s wrong to point out poor mental health in lesbians.

Offline PushingThru

• (yep)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1897 on: Jul 12, 2018, 07:23:42 PM »
I’m not sure that being unhinged has anything to do with this. It’s an unrelated point (in my opinion). What I see is that people having widely differing views and that this has caused a lot of upset.

Offline Dorothy L.Smythe

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1898 on: Jul 12, 2018, 08:44:57 PM »
To add to that, you can be unhinged and kind or you can be unhinged and bigoted. I strongly believe the latter was the driving force behind the protests on Saturday. FWIW. Pinning my colours to the mast and all that. Saying what I really think.

Again, it doesn’t matter because they’ll be those who see what I see and agree with me. Or they’ll be those who’ll tut and defend bigots because it’s wrong to point out poor mental health in lesbians.

So someone who wants new rules made here so nobody dare speak out about the males they so clearly centre, feels justified in calling everyone mentally ill because they have opposing views. I think that person is very confused at what the word ‘bigot’ actually means – an intolerance of differing views. It is disturbing to find this level of hatred and contempt for lesbians on a lesbian board.

Talking of the ‘unhinged,’ you might look at some of the people you support over women and lesbians. One trans identified male with a large platform declaring he is absolutely a woman but that the rhetoric of wanting to ‘rape women to death’ is perfectly fine as it’s just a bit of frustration. Oh, and he has a site where you can look at his penis.
Or the trans identified males now having to be schooled by doctors, after declaring they have a period every month, that this is impossible (much like changing sex), that it’s all in their weird minds and is probably intestinal discomfort. Talk about not knowing you’re a*se from… well, anything really.
Then there’s the charmer declaring to be a period-having woman, proudly showing photos of sucking a dummy in the sh*t laden nappies he wears. But that’s apparently a sane woman in your world.

And you are saying the people protesting this nonsense are the ones that are unhinged? Sounds more like projection.
I don’t think many have difficulty in seeing what you and your pals are.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #1899 on: Jul 12, 2018, 09:13:51 PM »
 Don’t forget Jane Fae, who’s in the media and on the telly every five minutes telling us silly women that self ID is nothing to worry about. That’ll be the same Jane Fae who said that most women murdered  is just boring, pedestrian, even accidental stuff, domestic violence gone wrong,  and most likely the result of too much alcohol, a blow struck one time too many or an eggshell skull.
 Charming isn’t it, so if we’re talking about people aligning themselves with nasty characters…   
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1900 on: Jul 12, 2018, 09:18:07 PM »
To all the people defending or indeed cheering on from the sidelines, why don’t you get involved? Go along to the meetings where they’re obsessed with trans women and join in with the jeering? Also, if you feel strongly enough about the issue, why not join in with another protest? Strength in numbers, and all that. I am thoughtful enough to appreciate that not everyone is an able-bodied, middle class person, so if you can’t physically make it, you could just join in with actively seeking out trans people on Twitter and purposely misgendering them. I’m sure all of the above is incredibly appealing and, what’s more, you’d definitely be helping to protect women and girls. Yep. 👍🏻

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1901 on: Jul 12, 2018, 09:31:43 PM »
As a lesbian, I cannot deny I am very drawn in by sharing traits such as being assigned female at birth and having vaginas. Wow, these women are just like me. And representing me. Yes, lesbians! Then it doesn’t take much to scratch the surface and find out that, much in the same way Farage used immigration as a political stance to mask racism, these lesbians are using lesbians and women’s rights to make it ok to be publicly transphobic. 

Offline Madge Hooks

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1902 on: Jul 12, 2018, 09:36:43 PM »
And you are bigots because you’re protesting against an already persecuted minority.

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1903 on: Jul 12, 2018, 11:04:57 PM »
I think that Madge’s assertion that those hijackers are mentally ill is a generous one, I don’t think that, in this case that nasty can or should be excused by illness. I think those excusing hijacking the march, protesting against an oppressed minority of women and giving out weirdy hate leaflets, really need to give their heads a wobble.

I’m also getting increasingly pissed off at political lesbains, as these women explain themselves to be in their weirdy hate leaflets, really need to stop appropriating the word lesbian and showing us up in their dyke-face.

On a more positive note, I’m delighted to see that Rigby & Peller have banned TERFS, fair play to them.
I'm reporting you to the mods for annoying me to the point where I become ill and have to take tranquillisers.  - Wolfie

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #1904 on: Jul 12, 2018, 11:07:31 PM »
Oh and those appropriating, dyke face TERFS have chased Stella Duffy, a genuine lesbian and hero, off twitter.

They have silenced one of the world’s best and most beautiful voices.
I'm reporting you to the mods for annoying me to the point where I become ill and have to take tranquillisers.  - Wolfie