Author Topic: How far does your sexuality stretch?  (Read 39999 times)

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: How far does your sexuality stretch?
« Reply #750 on: May 17, 2018, 04:54:59 PM »
Back in this thread boards.gingerbeer.co.uk/index.php?topic=115520.300 Snowball said,

"In the same way that trans people are quite rightly often flummoxed by being expected to come up with exhaustive and robust explanations for their own transexuality, non-trans women are equally flumuxed by having to come up with just and fair answers as to who should be allowed access to their spaces and why."

Maybe as soon as you decide to exclude some set or other in human society, it will start throwing up inconsistencies.  If we accept it's ok to be exclusive sometimes there will always be inconsistencies and it's possibly not an entirely rational matter of deciding where to draw the line.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:56:37 PM by Wolfgang »
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #751 on: May 17, 2018, 05:09:37 PM »
Back in this thread boards.gingerbeer.co.uk/index.php?topic=115520.300 Snowball said,

"In the same way that trans people are quite rightly often flummoxed by being expected to come up with exhaustive and robust explanations for their own transexuality, non-trans women are equally flumuxed by having to come up with just and fair answers as to who should be allowed access to their spaces and why."

Maybe as soon as you decide to exclude some set or other in human society, it will start throwing up inconsistencies.  If we accept it's ok to be exclusive sometimes there will always be inconsistencies and it's possibly not an entirely rational matter of deciding where to draw the line.

Funnily enough women have largely not got to make that decision or make those exclusions for themselves, rationally or otherwise. Even on here that was steamrolled over. There are areas and services culturally and legally designated for single sex use because men abuse women in large numbers. Those are still supposed to be protected as single sex not single gender spaces where there its a proportionate way of meeting a legitimate need. We ought to push for that exemption more and it ought to be conceded more given the epidemic of male violence we live under.

If a  transwomen wants to use facilities appropriate to her gender that is being elevated to a human right.

If a woman wants to use facilities appropriate to her sex thats been called a act of prejudice.

Go figure why one has rights and the other has prejudices.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:12:32 PM by Betty Croker's frosted buns »
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #752 on: May 17, 2018, 05:27:17 PM »
I did miss off the "And it's usually academic because typically those decisions are made for them not by them." 

(When was that steamrolled over on here?)
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that transwomen aren't shouting at me to suck their balls. - Hhayt

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #753 on: May 17, 2018, 05:38:16 PM »
The so called insconsistency of not wanting trans men on the boards. It happened anyway.

The transwomen issue was before my time.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #754 on: May 17, 2018, 05:46:45 PM »
 This is all about biology, and I know some people donít like me mentioning biology, but itís not because of my gender identity Iíve been raped and sexually assaulted. Women are not raped because of the gender they identify with, they are raped because they are biologically female.  People with penises commit rape, not all people with penises, but a considerable number of them, and  we donít know which ones they are, so people with penises should not be allowed in spaces where women are vulnerable. I keep saying this but I will repeat it again, women fought for single sex spaces for a very good reason, those reasons have not gone away, and it should not be for male people to decide Who is allowed in them. 
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #755 on: May 17, 2018, 06:04:00 PM »
Oh and in terms of lesbian spaces and lesbian sexuality, it is exclusionary by defintion.

So is Heterosexuality.

Unless you are going to go down the compulsory bisexuality route and all the conversion therapy that involves, it always will be.

Offline Wolfgang

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #756 on: May 17, 2018, 06:07:27 PM »
Of course it's ok to be exclusive sometimes.

The so called insconsistency of not wanting trans men on the boards. It happened anyway.
Weren't they mostly already part of GB having previously IDed as lesbians?

They're not here any more.

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #757 on: May 17, 2018, 06:21:01 PM »
Of course it's ok to be exclusive sometimes.

Weren't they mostly already part of GB having previously IDed as lesbians?

They're not here any more.

I honestly don't know in answer to your first question.

No, there was a big strop and a walkout after some people objected to one purporting to get his willy out in a fictional paddling pool and claiming to be wanking at them. The strop was by people who felt his wanking shouldn't have been objected to if he was truely an equal amonst equals.

So they moved to a new board called Transfriendly where they argued amongst themselves for a bit and then it died on its arse. I'm not trying to be controversial in my summarising of course because I've no wish to recreate the Battle of Bannockburn.

Offline Blythe

• Isle of Man Debating Champion 1981
  • Gingerbeer Lifer
    • http://www.gaydargirls.co.uk/scripts/ndisplay.asp?userid=rebecca-is-out
« Reply #758 on: May 17, 2018, 06:25:39 PM »
I am out tonight so can't post but just had to say I had a good laugh at a pic on the front of the NEw Yorker today.
(Can't seem to paste it)
The highest paid female CEO in the US used to be a man.  Martine Rothblatt, who is a pharmaceutical billionaire, has made a robot of her wife and founded her own religion!
I'd like to add Martine to my influential trans list please.

I've skim read the last couple of pages and there certainly is a lot of shaming going on.  Can we try and remain civil?
'Someone take Blythe's mobile phone off her before she says something silly'           kitty

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
The most permanent characteristic in life is change.

Offline Slantrhyme

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #760 on: May 17, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »
 This is from yesterday but Iíve only just got round to reading it. Itís a brilliant article and well worth a look if you havenít already.
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/05/the-silencing-of-the-lesbians/
the summer is ended and we are not yet saved

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #761 on: May 17, 2018, 10:01:58 PM »
It is a good article. Iím glad he has called out Ruth Hunt as well.

There is growing support for a LESIT - lesbian exit from the LGBT. We are being silenced by our own pressure groups and media.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:45:32 PM by Betty Croker's frosted buns »

Offline Top

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #762 on: May 17, 2018, 10:57:59 PM »
Today is, IDAHOBIT, which is the international day against homophobia, biphobia and transphobia.

A debate on this took place in the HoC, during the debate, Crispin Blunt MP, spoke about Ďa campaign of transphobic misinformationí and directly compered it to a call for a new Section 28.

Lloyd Russel-Moyle, Labour talked about Sophie Cook being assaulted and abused via twitter. He read out a transphobic tweet and said that she received hundreds of them per week.

Dawn Butler spoke, saying that the governments delay on the GRA has created a hostile environment for the LGBT+ community.  She added, ďon some social media sites there is talk about reintroducing Section 28 for trans people. We must not let that happen."

The Government have now committed to starting the consultation for the amendments to the GRA before the summer.

Thank you all of your help in bringing this about. Trans lives arenít up for debate.

If you want to take part in the consultation, start doing your homework, bizarre, unevidenced claims will continue to get you nowhere with lawmakers.
I'm reporting you to the mods for annoying me to the point where I become ill and have to take tranquillisers.  - Wolfie

Offline two monkeys

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #763 on: May 17, 2018, 11:02:37 PM »
http://transcrimeuk.com/

Posting another link recording crimes committed by self iding Mtfs in the UK, the  majority of which are rape and sex crimes and most of the victims are children.

"She walked in through the out door, out door.."

Offline Earl

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #764 on: May 17, 2018, 11:19:42 PM »

Crispin Blunt MP, spoke about Ďa campaign of transphobic misinformationí and directly compered it to a call for a new Section 28.

Dawn Butler spoke.....'on some social media sites there is talk about reintroducing Section 28 for trans people."

And with a straight face...'bizarre, unevidenced claims will continue to get you nowhere with lawmakers?
Made me lol.
Nye Bevan, 'the NHS will exist for only as long as the people fight for it'...or something like that.