Author Topic: Long term relationships and libido  (Read 333 times)

KWinters

Long term relationships and libido
« on: Mar 30, 2018, 10:46:12 PM »
Removed this as I think you’re conpletely right Marty. Thanks for the perspective and opinion. Helped clear my head up a bit.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2018, 09:14:06 AM by KWinters »

Offline Marty.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Long term relationships and libido
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2018, 03:27:37 AM »
It's simple really.

You need and want sex. She doesn't (so much). It doesn't mean she doesn't love you and as you say, you are moving forward in other aspects of your lives.

It's just one of the many differences that partners find out about partners along the way.

Most people have a lot a fair bit of sex at the beginning of a relationship but as the years go on, the sex life dwindles. That's what happens in life and with relationships.

If necessary, you could do the obvious, lighten her load, make her feel loved, give her aphrodisiacs.... You may get lucky. If not, well you could be fighting a losing battle.

Anyway, I may be wrong but hey ho.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2018, 03:51:00 AM by Marty. »

Offline fetishkitty

• Beware the scary pheremones...
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • And.....she's back!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2018, 01:54:31 AM »
I highly recommend seeking out material by Esther Perel. There are a couple of TED talks available online, plus a book. Her insight into this subject is eye opening!

Good luck

kitty

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2018, 03:02:33 PM »
My libido ahas vacillated in stages & I just let that happen. I know women who go on hormones, take extra fish oil,  .   .   .  we make a big deal out of sex. If people really need  to achieve more orgasms , there are some neat vibrators out there :o.
The most permanent characteristic in life is change.