Author Topic: LGBT Baby Loss  (Read 177 times)

Offline thelegacyofleo

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
LGBT Baby Loss
« on: Feb 04, 2018, 10:53:15 PM »
Hello,

Its been a fair few years since I've been on the boards, but I wanted to pop by incase anyone was interested in a project I am currently working on. Two years ago me and my wife lost our first son, Leo - he died when I was 37 weeks pregnant. Understandably, it was and still is devastating. One thing that we have noticed since is a limited voice for lgbt parents going though loss (as well as baby loss in general not really being spoken about, until recently).

Since Leo died, I have blogged and now want to create an LGBT Baby Loss blog series, and am currently compiling stories from around the world from families about their loss experience, as well as life after loss. I published a post in the Huff Post UK the other day that explained a little more about why I feel that this is really important - you can read it here :http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/why-im-asking-for-other-lgbt-families-to-share-their_uk_5a736e27e4b0fc3e14a4e80d

I just wanted to share here as I knew there was a community, and I used to read the Rainbow Families boards with so much hope for my future. If anyone is interested, please get in touch at thelegacyofleoblog@gmail.com. I wasn't sure on the best place to post this, as things seems a little quieter than they used to be.

Thank you, and much love
Jess

Offline HurdyGurdyOutintheCountry

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: LGBT Baby Loss
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2018, 04:43:33 PM »
Hi Jess

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hope you've found some other people to connect with.

S